Author Topic: In need of constructive feedback...  (Read 1126 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
In need of constructive feedback...
« on: October 13, 2005, 01:05:00 PM »
Without everyone getting all pissy I wanted to say a few things...I don't know how to sum up my CEDU/NWA experiance. Was it bad or good? I don't really know. What I do know is that it happened and there isn't anything I can do to change that. I'll never forgive my parents for sending me there though. I've told them that too and they don't know what to say (which is understandable). Were there some fucked up things that happened there? Yes. But there were also some good things that tool place there too. I still talk to many of the people that I knew there. Some I see on a regular (or semi-regular) basis. So there was some good that came out of spending 2+ years in Idaho. I mean I got to see a part of the country I had never seen before and I got to do things that I'd never done and probably will never do again. I went skiing and hiking and water rafting and canoeing and bone digging and wolf watching and all types of things that I wouldn't trade for the world. There are things that I didn't like as well. I didn't like the constant yelling and intimidation. I didn't like being 14 and being so far away from home. I didn't like the strict rules. I can understand some of the things people here say. I really do. But aren't some of us really going over the line by saying that it was hell on earth? Maybe I have a totally different experience of the place. I didn't get into trouble. I just kept my head down and my mouth shut.

I'm not saying that I would do it all over again if I could, but I am saying that there were some good times as well as bad. My question to all of you is: Do the good times outweigh the bad or the bad outweigh the good. If it's the latter, that sucks! But for me it's the former. Whatcha all think?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 02:10:00 PM »
i need to think on that.

the long term price to see a bald eagle is a little steep in my estimation.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 08:19:00 PM »
For myself, I think I would skip bad and good and just go straight to weird.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 09:31:00 PM »
Weird is right.  So surreal that I never even talked to my friends about it after I split. No one would relate.  I think trying to explain Juvy would be easier.  When I finally discussed it much much later in my twenties to a few people, they looked at me like I had eyes on the back of my head. And their feeling was that this was some wacko cult. But I was at CEDU over a decade ago and maybe (?) things got mellower after I left.

Whatever the case, I still think you didn't get what you paid for in terms of developing self respect, respect for others, cultivating self esteem, and resolving trauma or issues such as depression, etc. I think the school actually retards your emotional growth but masks the regression with all this expansive sounding lingo and tools.

I think it makes it hard to develop interpersonal relations when you learn to scream, badger, and denounce while at the same time, snitch on your buddies.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2005, 10:16:00 PM »
I found that the best and most succinct way to describe it to other people was that it was like being in a David Lynch film for two and a half years.

Except there weren't any ladies in radiators.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2005, 10:42:00 PM »
Of course describing juvy would be easier. No raps, no workshops, no "bans", none of that shit. Just a cot, a little toilet, a mexican cellmate, better food, and a big gymnasium where people just beat the shit out of each other. At least thats what juvy was like to me.

If I had to make a choice tomorrow, I'd rather go back to juvy than BCA in a heartbeat.