Author Topic: Forum name changes  (Read 10727 times)

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
Forum name changes
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2005, 02:13:00 PM »
Ah ...Fuck.  ::dove::
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline teachback

• View Profile
Forum name changes
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2005, 03:56:00 PM »
...[ This Message was edited by: Frank Discussion on 2005-10-20 16:38 ]

Offline ex-prisoner

• View Profile
Forum name changes
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2005, 07:34:00 PM »
THE MESSAGE

Grandmaster Flash, Melle Mel & The Furious Five

:smokin:

Need a copy?

Don't push me cause i'm close to the edge

i'm tryin not to lose my head

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Forum name changes
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2005, 07:44:00 PM »
I saw that. :em:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Forum name changes
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2005, 02:13:00 PM »
On 2005-10-20 16:34:00, ex-prisoner wrote:

"THE MESSAGE

Need a copy?

"

Yeah i do.  i don' have no Grandmaster Flash.

"Don' you know that this world is a ghetto..."

:smile:

• View Profile
Forum name changes
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2005, 06:10:00 PM »
Metallica - "For Whom The Bell Tolls" from Ride the Lightning

Black Sabbath - "Into the Void" from Master Of Reality.

George Benson is good but not quite satisfyin' in this case.  Peace.  

::dove::
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Forum name changes
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2005, 07:20:00 PM »

<br />&nbsp; <bgsound src="/sounds/welcome.m3u"><br />&nbsp;

Where powers are assumed which have not been delegated, a nullification of the act is the rightful remedy.
Anonymity Anonymous
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

• View Profile
Forum name changes
« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2005, 08:54:00 PM »
On 2005-10-21 11:13:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-10-20 16:34:00, ex-prisoner wrote:

"THE MESSAGE

Need a copy?

"

Yeah i do.  i don' have no Grandmaster Flash.

"Don' you know that this world is a ghetto..."

:smile: "

ex-prisoner, you are above 'n' beyond the call.  Always comfortin' me 'n surprisin' me with your charms. It came in the mail today.  i got it on right now!!

Offline 001010

• View Profile
Forum name changes
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2005, 12:45:00 PM »
On 2005-10-19 05:42:00, starry-eyed pirate wrote:

"i see your point.  However i jus' feel real strongly about the term "survivor" as it points directly to those who did not survive.  And i feel that hard.  Like i feel that so fuckin' hard.

Well...i really think "veterans" is pretty lame, but i, of course, will accept whatever the people decide. Peace."

I agree with you. We are survivors, not veterans. Most of us that consider ourselves survivors did not choose to put ourselves in Straight, Inc. We were kidnapped and forced by people who were supposed to protect us -- our parents. But we are here, we are survivors.

I've been doing volunteer work with Katrina survivors even since the disaster hit, and then moved closer to home, meaning; they started coming here with nothing, needing help to get back on their feet after their lives were destroyed by a fate they did not expect to happen.

My point being; survivors means overcome or live through an unexpected disaster fate, and veteran an ex-military who served. I did not serve for Straight. I was abducted and forced to be brainwashed. If anything POW is more appropriate, but then again, those who my not fully understand The Drug War may take issue with that being used.

Besides, the peoples' votes speak the loudest.
http://fornits.com/wwf/polls.php?show=47

Survivors we are.

Do not look back in anger, or forward in fear, but around in awareness. --James Thurber

[size=79]EST (Landmark/Lifespring/Discovery) \'83
Salesmanship Club \'84-\'86
Straight, Inc. \'86-\'88[/size]

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Forum name changes
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2005, 01:39:00 PM »
Most Vietnam vets were also conscripts. They also lost a lot more friends and a lot more of their own souls than we did. Granted, it was horrendous on an emotional level to have to either take part in breaking some little girl or boy who didn't want to discuss their private affairs for the entertainment of the angry mob or take a dose of the same. But did you actually have to shoot and fire-bomb people? Missing any limbs? How about Agent Orange poisoning and subsiquent denial of such?

I think we share a lot of valid ground w/ veterans of other aspects of the ongoing war state. But you can't seriously believe that we had it worse then the military vets, do you? The only way in which I think it's worse for us is that everyone automatically believes and at least tries to understand and appreciate the military vets, especially the POWs. And, of course, their families never told them to comply w/ their captors for their own good.

But, on all other counts, I don't think we got the shitty end of that stick. And, in the spirit of salvaging whatever one can from any experience, I think we might have a basis for better than average understanding of the plight of other victims in this war.

No school at all is better than a bad school.  Nothing else in the child's environment is capable of such systematic destruction.
--George Dennison

Offline misbehaver

• View Profile
Forum name changes
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2005, 06:14:00 PM »
Antigen, that was refreshing. I was gonna chime in on the "Veteran" moniker, but didn't wanna stir shit. Call it what you want. A "Survivor" will utilize all assets to stay alive to a varying degree of success. That's what I did while in the program. Some others took a different line and carried more baggage. I remain nonplussed and don't give a shit.

Regarding the "Veteran" name change, I don't like it. You summed it up well. Jason

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Forum name changes
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2005, 06:39:00 PM »
Thanks J.

Basically, I just got really sick of "Survivor". So many affiliations I don't like. Storm survivors, for one. Seems kind of cold and heartless to throw that one around while people are still trying to find lost friends and family from NOLA. Then there's the Survivor tv series. Then there's the whole reality tv / actual synanon crossover fusion thing. Ok, that's darkly comical, but I don't think most people would get it.

Then there are the occasional tepid ppl, even an entheusiastic supporter once every blue moon. While I disagree w/ them on the point, I certainly want them to know they're as welcome as anybody.

I dunno. Got to thinking, talking about it and... well, I just like it better. It's just a forum name, for Christ's sake! We all call ourselves whatever we want. Personally, I prefer escaped POW. But that doesn't come anywhere near close to everybody who drops in here.

But go ahead and dare me, I will change it to "Conscripts in the Paranoia Army" just for shits and giggles.

The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one.
--George Bernard Shaw, Irish-born English playwright

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
Forum name changes
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2005, 08:40:00 PM »
Hey I like how you got "Welcome to My Nightmare" on here!  :tup:

I like to think all of us from the different McStraight franchises finding one another and for the most part being angry is a nightmare to the top nuts that were in charge.
am looking for people who survived Straight in Plymouth, Michigan. I miss a lot of people there and wonder what happened and would like to stay in touch.

Offline 001010

• View Profile
Forum name changes
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2005, 09:19:00 PM »
On 2005-10-28 10:39:00, Antigen wrote:

"Most Vietnam vets were also conscripts. They also lost a lot more friends and a lot more of their own souls than we did. Granted, it was horrendous on an emotional level to have to either take part in breaking some little girl or boy who didn't want to discuss their private affairs for the entertainment of the angry mob or take a dose of the same. But did you actually have to shoot and fire-bomb people? Missing any limbs? How about Agent Orange poisoning and subsiquent denial of such?

No way am I saying we had it worse. Just different.  

It's your forum, I'm just sounding my trumpet, that's all.

One thing we may be sure of, however: For the believer all pain has meaning; all adversity is profitable. There is no question that adversity is difficult. It usually takes us by surprise and seems to strike where we are most vulnerable. To us it often appears completely senseless and irrational, but to God none of it is either senseless or irrational. He has a purpose in every pain He brings or allows in our lives. We can be sure that in some way He intends it for our profit and His glory.

--Jerry Bridges

[size=79]EST (Landmark/Lifespring/Discovery) \'83
Salesmanship Club \'84-\'86
Straight, Inc. \'86-\'88[/size]

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Forum name changes
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2005, 01:21:00 AM »
Cool `nuff.

It is fear that first brought Gods into the world.
--Gallus Petronius, 1st Century Roman courtier