Author Topic: Forum name changes  (Read 10382 times)

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
Forum name changes
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2005, 09:39:00 PM »
i am a former p.o.w. of the drug war (sprngfld Str8, 85-87).  i survived the war and i fight it still.  When Steve Mathews died i was pulled out of group by 2 staff trainees and taken to the carpet room.  i was on first phase at the time.  They tol' me to sit down 'n' i did.  The 2 of them faced me an' tol' me that Steve Mathews had killed himself.  He was a friend of mine.  i had seen him last about 2 months before, when i was copped-out and he was a withdraw.  They waited for me to respond.  i wondered why they tol' me at all.  It was out of character for anyone on staff to even care.  i was confused as i questioned their motives in telling me about Steve.  They asked me how i felt and if i had anything to say.  Since i didn' trust them at all i said "no" and they took me back into group and left me alone in the knowledge that Steve had killed himself.  i sat in group and mourned to myself.  i couldn' help but think about that today as i drove home.

i've pretty much spoken my peace on this, unless someone makes a new point.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline teachback

• View Profile
Forum name changes
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2005, 09:23:00 AM »
Since we don't agree on what we want to call ourselves, why not just call this forum "Straight Incorporated" and leave it at that? This would be in keeping with the rest of the forums on the WWF anyway.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Forum name changes
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2005, 10:37:00 AM »
I still think Refugee is a cooler song than Survivor.

As far as costuming, I'm thinking "eclectic individuality", sort of the whole Fame aesthetic, only modernized.

Or, and this is going to sound crazy, but how about Beast of Burden? Give it some thought.

Offline teachback

• View Profile
Forum name changes
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2005, 11:28:00 AM »
Straight Incorporated. That's what it should be. Besides the dissent thing, there's a better reason for this name choice and that is that when ppl do a search on those words, this forum will be higher in the ranks.

• View Profile
Forum name changes
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2005, 11:38:00 AM »
Straight Incorporated ??  i don' know...  When i first found this forum i knew i was in the right place when i read the words "Survivors of Str8".  "Straight Incorporated" jus' doesn't have the right ring to it.  Sounds like a forum that could even be taken as pro-str8.  i don' like it.  You guys are killin' me with the name change thing.  Seriously what was wrong with "survivors" in the first place ??  Has the license expired on our use of that word or what ??
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline teachback

• View Profile
Forum name changes
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2005, 11:56:00 AM »
Man, you just can't stop pushin' it can you? Someone gives a reasonable, right-down-the-fuckin-middle solution to this stupid bullshit, and that ain't good enough for you, is it? ::hehehmm::

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Forum name changes
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2005, 12:09:00 PM »
Well, I don't plan on changing "Straight, Inc." anytime soon. That's the most well used search term people use to find us. It's a sticky problem, as 'straight' is such a common word and most of us never even knew about the DFAF connection or any of the most significant surnames to use to go looking for info.

I'd love to make it something like "Straight, Inc. Drug War Veterans" but some among us are still none too sure which side of that battle they're on, even today. And I honestly don't want to exclude them. I may strenuously disagree with ya'll and even feel a bit betrayed that you still support the invading forces. But I don't want to run you off. This is, after all, a culture war--a battle over hearts and minds.

The right of self-defense is the first law of nature . . and when the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any color or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction.

--St. George Tucker, in his edition of Blackstone's Commentaries

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Forum name changes
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2005, 01:00:00 PM »
I think that no matter what, we should keep discussing this. Some people say too many cooks spoil the broth, but this video we are producing is bigger than any of us. You'll see. I'd really like to hear some more theme song suggestions. Does anyone have any background in lighting or, what else do we need, set design, procurement of props, that sort of thing. Send us a resume or give us a ring.

Okay, here's a move I'd like you all to work on at home. (Disclaimer: please don't hurt yourself.) What you want is a chair,  - and yes, eventually we will be working with blue plastic chairs, but I think you will be pleased with the direction things take with this - the idea is to step onto the seat and then onto the top of the chair and manipulate it in a controlled manner to make the chair fall over backward, but you want the whole thing to be graceful so that you step right into the net move. Variations on this, but you get the idea. There is a scene in White Knights with Gregory Hines using a chair, and I think Savion Glover must have some of this in his rep too. Okay, just give yourself plenty of room, and don't pick a chair that is going to bust on you or anything, or that your feet could get tangled up in.

Just for brainstorming purposes, here are a few more song suggestions:

"We don't need no education" or whatever from The Wall

Something Kid Rock, I think a couple people around here can point out good ones.

All suggestions welcome.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Forum name changes
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2005, 01:01:00 PM »
"next move", not "net move". DUH.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Forum name changes
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2005, 01:02:00 PM »
Correction noted. I'll put you in charge of lit.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Forum name changes
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2005, 01:14:00 PM »
On 2005-10-20 08:56:00, Frank Discussion wrote:

"Man, you just can't stop pushin' it can you? Someone gives a reasonable, right-down-the-fuckin-middle solution to this stupid bullshit, and that ain't good enough for you, is it? ::hehehmm::"

No. Sometimes i can't quit pushin' it.  Sorry.  i aint gonna not at least speak my peace, especially when i feel like i represent my dead friends.  i'm sorry.  i'm nuerotic about it.  i know...i do see your point.  i jus' have heaviness in my heart for some reason.  i feel like i need to go to a funeral.

i didn' say it sounded pro-str8.  i jus' meant it could be taken that way and i don' want to be part of anything that could be taken as in support of Str8.  i am not afraid of anyone comin' on here and sayin' anythin'.  i am here to watch over the truth.

i know you have been patient and tolerant of me.

• View Profile
Forum name changes
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2005, 01:27:00 PM »
Frank D.

Sorry you were right.  i re-read my post in response to "Str8 Inc." and i did kinda say what you said i said.  i miswrote. i added 2 words("taken" and "as") to clarify my position.  i'm sorry i was unclear.[ This Message was edited by: starry-eyed pirate on 2005-10-20 12:37 ][ This Message was edited by: starry-eyed pirate on 2005-10-20 12:39 ]

• View Profile
Forum name changes
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2005, 01:35:00 PM »
This is gettin not right.  i am done with this.  i' made my point.  Whatever the people or whatever Ant wants ta call it.  Peace.

Offline ex-prisoner

• View Profile
Forum name changes
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2005, 01:50:00 PM »
peace, brother. sorry you are hurting. who knows maybe this musical production could really cheer everybody up. i'm on board with it. hey, give us your song suggestions, you listen to some obscure stuff.

• View Profile
Forum name changes
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2005, 01:58:00 PM »
ex-prisoner...i can't think right now.