Author Topic: Advice to Parents Considering Hyde School  (Read 18830 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Advice to Parents Considering Hyde School
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2009, 02:26:31 AM »
Michelle’s stone is a monument to cognitive dissonance. I’d be interested to know how Joe and “the class of 1978” rationalize the tension between the contradictory ideas of Michelle’s astounding success at Hyde and her equally astounding failure in the real world. Comparing the 2002 and 2008 pictures, I’m not surprised to see that the grasses and weeds have been allowed to grow tall so that the stone is overgrown.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2009, 08:58:08 AM »
Quote from: "FC"
Michelle’s stone is a monument to cognitive dissonance. I’d be interested to know how Joe and “the class of 1978” rationalize the tension between the contradictory ideas of Michelle’s astounding success at Hyde and her equally astounding failure in the real world. Comparing the 2002 and 2008 pictures, I’m not surprised to see that the grasses and weeds have been allowed to grow tall so that the stone is overgrown.

How?  It is quite easy, "She did not live up to her unique potential" or "she gave up on her commitment to her self."  Or a couple of other phrases I heard tossed around.  Anything that externalizes the responsibility for not addressing her underling problems in the what, six years?, she spent at Hyde.   And it was not like she just drifted through. she was the poster child, the apple of Joe and Ed's eye.  The dedication of the stone was like a final kick in the crotch: "you've got to know, but you didn't. You fucked up. Now you're dead." What a bunch of sanctimonious self serving sons of bitches.

yours in Christ
Fr Tim

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2009, 01:25:33 PM »
Michelle F. Correa
November 25, 1958 — June 24, 2001

If she graduated in 1978, she would have been there 5 years. And age nineteen-and-a-half when she graduated.

IMO, the longer your time at Hyde, the less you are equipped to deal with the "real" world.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2009, 08:01:12 AM »
"When enough people share a delusion, it loses its status as a psychosis and gets a religious tax exemption instead." Ronald De Sousa

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2009, 11:09:38 AM »
Quote from: "Why Think?"
"When enough people share a delusion, it loses its status as a psychosis and gets a religious tax exemption instead." Ronald De Sousa

:D

Well, Hyde School is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt institution, and one is expected to follow all that one hears there with religious fervor...

As to the state of psychosis responsible for said delusions... ?
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2009, 11:29:17 AM »

I regret I have but one life to give for the MotherShip/Hyde nexus.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2009, 11:31:17 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"

I regret I have but one life to give for the MotherShip/Hyde nexus.

NHB

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2009, 10:18:15 PM »
Plenty o' deep thinkers scouring their souls for their unique potential in this somewhat recent clip of Family Weekend. This was definitely shot from a pro-Hyde perspective, and yet, I can't help but think that certain clearly culty aspects should be glaringly obvious to anyone.

Everyone writing and reading out loud their "stories," the group sessions and exercises, the hand-holding, the flashy poised smiles and hugs, the sitting with one's head in one's hands... ugh. The sheer psychic mass of human soul being shoved into and expressed through the Hyde pasta maker is absolutely exhausting.

The shot of the World Trade Center mid-morning on September 11th (as the soundtrack wails "What kind of world do you want?") was a bit gratuitous. Was that the theme song for the weekend, or was there some kind of "global awareness" thing going on? There were a number of shots of people holding miniature globes like they were precious gems. Shots of miniature globes posed on rocks with dramatic lighting. One of the scenes even looked like a father made a symbolic gesture of giving his daughter one of these globes (with the requisite hug of gratitude made in return). Jeez Louise... Icon worshipers, all of them!    ;D  

Hyde Fall Family Weekend 2008
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD4ZW_5ngsM
    I was the photographer for this year's family weekend - loved to have done it - and this was what was shown at the finaly community meeting Sunday 19Oct08.[/list]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
    « Reply #53 on: February 20, 2009, 06:00:25 PM »
    That Video is just sad.  I am just taking production value here.  They are probably telling that poor kid that he will be a DP or Director some day.  

NHB

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
    « Reply #54 on: February 20, 2009, 06:48:42 PM »
    Hopefully, she won't need a stone of her own.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    « Reply #55 on: March 03, 2009, 04:11:14 PM »
    Quote from: "Guest"
    I do think that the labels people give kids at this age linger into adulthood. That is one area in which Hyde is simultaneously helpful and not helpful. Hyde does not believe in tailoring its curriculum to your particular psychological diagnosis, which I think is helpful. Many kids get stuck with labels early because their acting out in their families. Some of this acting out is not a sign of being crazy. It is a sign of not being crazy. It is crazy to act normal in a crazy family. It is good that Hyde does not reinforce the societal message that the misbehaving kid needs more meds. Maybe this kid needs a break from Mom and Dad!

Ah, but Hyde DOES label! You could have a really bad attitude, a somewhat sucky attitude, be a smiling zero, show signs of recognizing your potential, or serve as a stellar example for the rest of the Hyde community! ...Often (although not always) according to where on the Kool-Aid consumpt-o-meter you fall! And these labels Hyde School gives kids at this age do "linger into adulthood," even if only as a kid stigmatizing himself, which is plenty bad enough.

Such labels bear no relation to reality, or to any however imperfect means or measure of diagnosis. The labels are conceptualized and defined by Hyde, diagnosis is carried out by Hyde, and kids deemed in need of improvement are "treated" by Hyde. You can't get a "second opinion"; there is only one expert/high authority.

Hyde School does not consider itself accountable to a league of peers or to any recognized body of professional standards (as far as "character development" is concerned). They set the standards themselves (and, as we all know, those standards can be subject to quite a bit of self directed interpretation when it comes to major Kool-Aid consumers!).

-•- :dose: -•- :dose: -•- :dose: -•- :dose: -•- :dose: -•- :dose: -•-

Offline survivorami

• View Profile
    « Reply #56 on: June 04, 2021, 03:38:33 AM »
    Well the list of the deceased has grown exponentially. to nearly 160. That we know of. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of whom we don't know where they are or their statuses. Many still suffering from depression, addiction, suicidal ideation, and other CPSTD symptoms.