Author Topic: NOTICE TO POTENTIAL PARENTS  (Read 27490 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL PARENTS
« Reply #180 on: November 27, 2005, 04:55:00 PM »
On 2005-11-26 16:54:00, Anonymous wrote:

Once again I try and offer an olive branch and acknowledge that this site actually has value....maybe dramatic value....and you see the negative.  Whatever Anti.  Sorry you are so bitter.  Good heart or not, that can't be a fun place to live."

ROFL! And once again you miss the point. This has or has not any value regardless of your opinion. If you're looking for me to agree with you that Hyde is a wonderful, helpful institution; best thing since the natural family, even better! Well, don't hold your breath.

BTW, there was a staffer in St. Pete Straight who was notorious for the choke torture too. Some ppl say he'd hold a kid up against the wall, feet off the floor by the throat till they almost passed out then let up a litte, let them come around and do it again.

Every sensible man, every honorable man, must hold the Christian sect in horror.
--Francois Marie Arouet "Voltaire", French author and playwright

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 28, 2005, 12:18:00 AM »
On 2005-11-27 13:55:00, Antigen wrote:

"

On 2005-11-26 16:54:00, Anonymous wrote:

Once again I try and offer an olive branch and acknowledge that this site actually has value....maybe dramatic value....and you see the negative.  Whatever Anti.  Sorry you are so bitter.  Good heart or not, that can't be a fun place to live."

ROFL! And once again you miss the point. This has or has not any value regardless of your opinion. If you're looking for me to agree with you that Hyde is a wonderful, helpful institution; best thing since the natural family, even better! Well, don't hold your breath.

BTW, there was a staffer in St. Pete Straight who was notorious for the choke torture too. Some ppl say he'd hold a kid up against the wall, feet off the floor by the throat till they almost passed out then let up a litte, let them come around and do it again.

Every sensible man, every honorable man, must hold the Christian sect in horror.
--Francois Marie Arouet "Voltaire", French author and playwright

"

Was never looking for agreement from you.

Just integrity.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 29, 2007, 11:56:08 AM »
Quote from: ""Lars""
And while we're on the topic, I also recall a couple of faculty members getting in my face in a very threatening way, as if they were going to assault me (Don MacMillan & Gary Kent).  Totally inappropriate.  It wouldn't suprise me to find out that stuff like that still happens.

As for Joe G.?  He's a drunken (I smelled it on his breath several times) egomaniac bully.  F%^k him and the horse he rode in on!

Off the wagon AGAIN, was he?

« Reply #183 on: December 31, 2007, 02:33:10 AM »
On 2005-11-24 06:41:00, Anonymous wrote:
On 2005-11-21 08:41:00, Anonymous wrote:
On 2005-11-21 01:37:00, Anonymous wrote:
On 2005-11-20 22:04:00, Anonymous wrote:
You left out the time when one of the Gauld family, (through marriage) attacked a student. I would not doubt if the student provoked it, but I would hope someone in this man's position would be able to keep his cool. He apologized to the school afterwards, but what does this tell you about the quality of the administrators?
Since you're a tad short on the facts, not much.
So if I am  "tad" short on the facts, why don't you clear it up.  What justifies an administrator pushing a kid against a wall and choking them?

As far as Paul Hurd not giving Malcolm credit, if he didn't do anything wrong then why did the school send out letters to everyone explaining that he was leaving because of the incident?

I am very happy there is someone on this board who obviously is a part of Hyde. I hope you are willing to clear up what you say are misconceptions.
1.  Your statement about not knowing if the student provoked it suggests you don't know the details.  Without those, your post is meaningless.  In your follow on post you add new facts about choking the student.  Again, we don't know what led up to it, but if a student is a danger to himself or others, that would certainly justify physical restraint in my book.  Beyond that, I would need the details of the incident to evaluate it.  Hence my comment that your post is basically meaningless.

2.  The Paul Hurd incident was confusing to me.  Malcolm's letter said conflicting things. Yes, I gave this stuff to Paul to use as he saw fit.  No, he should not have used them and it was plagarism and is being removed (or stepping down).  I presume since this was Mal's brother in law, he was just throwing him a bone, but didn't read it all closely enough to think about it more.

As I've written before, the Paul Hurd incident to me is not evidence of Hyde being bad.  There is no school in the country not rocked by sexual assault, rape an other outrageous behavior by supervisorial adults.  And like the catholic church, many remove the teacher without legal action to avoid scandal.  Hyde did not have to deal with this situation so openly....but instead said, hey, we believe in honesty and openness, so we are going to let you in on an embarassing thing that hurts us all, but to be consistent, this is how we must handle it.

They aired their dirty laundry publicly and openly and handled the situation responsibly.  

That, to me, is evidence of their integrity.

That, to me, is evidence of Hyde's leadership.

You can spin it how you want, but what didn't happen was Hyde trying to keep it quiet and sweep it under the rug.  Instead it sent a letter to the entire alumni community....not just current family and students.  Personally, I don't know if I would have ever found out about it, but for their aggressive exemplary behavior.  I tipped my hat to Hyde for this one.

PRICELESS.  I am SO sorry that I didnt see this earlier.  Thanks to whoever resurrected this thread.  This must be HydeFan tilting at his/her windmills again.

ASSAULT OF STUDENT BY HYDE SCHOOL FACULTY MEMBER:
Your statement about not knowing if the student provoked it suggests you don't know the details.  Without those, your post is meaningless.  In your follow on post you add new facts about choking the student.  Again, we don't know what led up to it, but if a student is a danger to himself or others, that would certainly justify physical restraint in my book.  Beyond that, I would need the details of the incident to evaluate it.  Hence my comment that your post is basically meaningless.
WHO assaulted and choked the student?  McMillan?  Hurd?  Gauld?  Does it really matter?  Get the picture?  They ALL ASSAULT the students!  Did I miss someone in my little faculty list?  I'm sure I did!  Would assaulting a student be any MORE or LESS ok if someone ELSE did the assaulting?  Why would not knowing which faculty member make the original post "meaningless"?  Huh?  Are you for REAL?

HYDE SCHOOL'S TREATMENT OF PAUL HURD'S PLAGIARISM:
They aired their dirty laundry publicly and openly and handled the situation responsibly.

That, to me, is evidence of their integrity.

That, to me, is evidence of Hyde's leadership.

You can spin it how you want, but what didn't happen was Hyde trying to keep it quiet and sweep it under the rug. Instead it sent a letter to the entire alumni community....not just current family and students. Personally, I don't know if I would have ever found out about it, but for their aggressive exemplary behavior. I tipped my hat to Hyde for this one.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  I will DIE laughing.
The ONLY time Hyde airs their dirty laundry is when they don't have any OTHER alternative.  And you KNOW the entire story is not being told.  Some key facts being creatively put together in a different way.

HydeFan, or whoever you are, you get an "A" for school loyalty.  You get an "F" for critical thinking, grasp of the "truth", and common sense.  In the real world, school loyalty counts for exactly 2% of your grade.  Guess what?  You FAIL.  Sorry.  Better luck next time.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 02, 2008, 01:12:19 AM »
Paul Hurd has been involved with plagiarism events for as long as he has been involved with Hyde School, probably longer.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 04, 2008, 12:23:49 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Paul Hurd has been involved with plagiarism events for as long as he has been involved with Hyde School, probably longer.

See this thread for more discussion of an earlier such (plagiarism) event in Paul's Hyde career:

'For The Love of Paul Hurd'
http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?t=23429[/list]
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: NOTICE TO POTENTIAL PARENTS
« Reply #186 on: October 27, 2009, 08:21:58 AM »
Your statement about not knowing if the student provoked it suggests you don't know the details. Without those, your post is meaningless. In your follow on post you add new facts about choking the student. Again, we don't know what led up to it, but if a student is a danger to himself or others, that would certainly justify physical restraint in my book.

uh.................................. when does "a danger to himself or others" warrant strangling someone????  ::)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 29, 2009, 08:24:37 PM »
The LGAT s listed by "Hyde Fan"

"Current examples of LGAT programs would include Landmark Education, Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Lifespring, Tony Robbins seminars, etc."

These are at best scams at worst dangerous cults.

The reality of Hyde is that Hyde is about Hyde promoting Hyde and Laura Gault branding herself.  There are better choices out there.  Yes, of course Hyde students get into and attend colleges; they are generally from very wealthy families.  I'd wager each student will attend several colleges before graduating.

My daughter went to Hyde.  It's all hype and a simple authoritarian process.  Send your kid to the military, it's kinder more honest and less expensive.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 30, 2009, 11:25:19 AM »
Quote from: "Hydemum"
The reality of Hyde is that Hyde is about Hyde promoting Hyde and Laura Gault branding herself. There are better choices out there. Yes, of course Hyde students get into and attend colleges; they are generally from very wealthy families. I'd wager each student will attend several colleges before graduating.
...IF they graduate. Hyde doesn't seem too interested in collecting those statistics.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 02, 2009, 11:03:55 AM »

"Current examples of LGAT programs would include Landmark Education, Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Lifespring, Tony Robbins seminars, etc."

Perhaps not surprisingly, Hyde's programming has its origins -- directly or indirectly -- with predecessors of these LGATs, and the toolbox of psychological shortcuts for "self-improvement," that came out of the Human Potential movement.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 02, 2009, 02:20:53 PM »
Quote from: "guest6"
Your statement about not knowing if the student provoked it suggests you don't know the details. Without those, your post is meaningless. In your follow on post you add new facts about choking the student. Again, we don't know what led up to it, but if a student is a danger to himself or others, that would certainly justify physical restraint in my book.

uh.................................. when does "a danger to himself or others" warrant strangling someone????  ::)

If the other person is strangling you.  If you manage to get your hands around their throat there is a better chance of getting them to let go or if one of you passes out from lack of oxygen then their grip would ease off and you can neutralize the situation.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 04, 2009, 11:09:29 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: "guest6"
If the other person is strangling you.  If you manage to get your hands around their throat there is a better chance of getting them to let go or if one of you passes out from lack of oxygen then their grip would ease off and you can neutralize the situation.
I have no idea whether the following refers to the incident discussed above. It appears to fit, but may possibly refer to yet another incident.

From the Sexual assaults and inappropriate behavior by Hyde Staff thread:

"My name is Sverre Tysl, and I was a student at Hyde Bath from 03-06. I was struck in the head, choked out, and slammed against a car by Paul Hurd in Novermber of 2004. I was picked up by him, (after violating an ethic) and the incident occured with no provocation from me, physical or verbal. I was also called a 'faggot' and my health was purposfully threatened by Kevin Folan, in that same year. Doesnt anyone catch onto this crap?"[/list]

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    "Hoffman and Hyde"
    « Reply #192 on: January 18, 2010, 11:51:38 AM »
    Quote from: "Ursus"

Perhaps not surprisingly, Hyde's programming has its origins -- directly or indirectly -- with predecessors of these LGATs, and the toolbox of psychological shortcuts for "self-improvement," that came out of the Human Potential movement.
    Joe Gauld's current infatuation with the Hoffman Quadrinity Process brings that home all the more. Of course, Joe's been preaching this kinda stuff all along. But involvement with HQP will be sure to bring some more lingo to the table, that everyone will have to learn for the betterment of their E.Q. and development of their character...  :D

According to an interview published last year by the Hoffman Institute, Joe plans on writing another book tying it all together:

ELLIE: What's your vision for the future?

JOEY: I will continue to bring the understanding to our society that the biggest problem we have is an abundance of adverse childhood experiences that we as a whole haven't learned to deal with. With Raz's (Raz Ingrasci, Hoffman's CEO) support, I'm writing a book that I hope will finally make our society aware of how much of the imperfections we experience in life stem from the unaddressed negatives in our childhood -- negatives that Hoffman and Hyde are trying to address.
      [/list]

For some perspective, here's current Hoffman president Raz Ingrasci's brief bio:

Charles "Raz" Ingrasci, President & CEO San Anselmo, CA
        Mr. Ingrasci is President and CEO of the Hoffman Institute and a Quadrinity Process Teacher. He received a BA in Theatre from U.C. Berkeley in 1970. His career commitment has been to developing and disseminating experiential education programs whereby individuals access previously blocked inner knowledge and wisdom, learning from oneself what cannot be taught by another. He has held key executive and training positions in seminar companies throughout his career. A friend of the founder of the Hoffman Quadrinity Process, Bob Hoffman, since 1973, Mr. Ingrasci worked closely with him for eight years from 1989 until his death in 1997.[/list]

Although the Hoffman Institute prefers to be curiously vague about which "seminar companies" Mr. Ingrasci has devoted his executive and training talents to throughout his career, a modicum of research will show you that two of these companies were est (which later evolved into Landmark Education) and Lifespring.