Author Topic: my friend was in the seed, and now he is dead, thread.  (Read 12982 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
my friend was in the seed, and now he is dead, thread.
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2005, 09:39:00 PM »
diane is still a compasionate person. your description of her as rabid is a bit over the top. i think she definetly believed in the seed, and being termed gung ho is probably a very accurate description. what i think would be neccessary to point out is diana lives as she speaks, in my opinion, which would be where i would fault some of the things that happened at the seed, where people didnt. i dont care if someone is pro seed, or against, but if you say you expect people to behave a certain way, then you should be behaving the same way. at least you are honest under those circumstances regardless of whether i agree with the specifics or not. diane i think is that kind of person, and i admire that. she is very compassionate and i think generally in recent times had a very realistic view of people. she's of course imperfect like we all are, but i think her heart is in the right place, and would be a trustworthy person. more so then most people i know. i think your early view of her is an accurate description of some of her qualities.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline cleveland

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2005, 09:39:00 AM »
I didn't mean to slam Diane I just meant that she was very humorless about the Seed when I was on the front row and that turned me off. I liked Scott and Ginger and people that made me laugh. In fact, I would love to meet all of the Seed kids that I spent time with today and talk and laugh about our time together - wonder who would show up to an 'unsantioned' reunion? (Otherwise, of course, you'd have to have two reunions - one for the 'Seed was great and saved my life' bunch and another for the 'Are you kidding? Seed was a cult' group. Or maybe three, because the Seed split into two camps when it closed, one loyal to Art and the other to Lybbi. Complicated!

Bennet B. Doesn't ring a bell - I think I might remember a Charlie. Yeah, my brother went to Hawken and so did my best friend, Scott H., who I had to leave behind as an 'old druggie friend.' I didn't know of any other Hawken kids who came on the program.

For the life of me I can't remember an Amy, but really, everyone just sort of blurred into the background for me. Especially at first, all the Seed kids seemed so much alike to me, and I left Cleveland after 3 months.

Are you still in the Cleveland area?
ally Gator

Offline NOT12NOW

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2005, 09:51:00 AM »
I had graduated by the time you were there and I only went once for my anniversary so you would have never met me.

there were a few of us seed graduates at Hawken, we hung together, spoke seed talk but stayed away from the program.

I don't remember Evan ever speaking with us.  He probably thought we were fucking up.

A split at the end?  An Art camp and a Libbi camp?  I knew nothing of this.  Please do tell!

I have lots of family in Cleveland but I live in Vermont.
leveland chick 76-77

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2005, 10:56:00 AM »
Otherwise, of course, you'd have to have two reunions - one for the 'Seed was great and saved my life' bunch and another for the 'Are you kidding? Seed was a cult' group. Or maybe three, because the Seed split into two camps when it closed, one loyal to Art and the other to Lybbi. Complicated!

Maybe more than that. How bout the fence-riding-middle-of-the-roaders (yet to be run over) not inclined to pledge allegiance to any particular faction?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2005, 01:54:00 PM »

I remember a lot of Evan's Seed friends went thru my 'old druggie ties' - like my stereo equipment - and 'confiscated' it. Ha ha."

HEY!  According to the revisionist history of John Underwood, that Shit never happened!!!

:grin:

Offline cleveland

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2005, 04:15:00 PM »
I love Vermont, but I haven't been there since I was in High School. We rode our bikes thru the Burlington Gap, it was so beautiful.

Yes the Seed broke up acrimoniously, it is covered elsewhere in this site, you could do a search for it. Apparently, there was a big come down rap where some of the staff members confronted Art, and that was that. Can you imagine? But I wasn't there and don't know much. I believe there are a few kind former Seedlings, and not the gung ho ones either, who visit him.

There are some people on this site who see him as some sort of a bad guy, but I have a hard time with that. Egotistical, stubborn, arrogant, yes. And of course, the Seed model has been applied to some very strange rehab groups.

I am still in Cleveland, believe it or not!
ally Gator

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2006, 01:41:00 AM »
John was continued to be a great friend to many.
He was a loving husband and father of four.  He is greatly missed by everyone. John made a touch many peoples lives more than he ever knew.  The time we shared together are now cherished memories that will never be forgotten. John loved people.  He loved to talk, laugh, and sing.
He loved his family, mom, dad, Dick, Bob, Jan, and Mary so much.  His son John is now 23, working and going to school.  His oldest daughter Jacklyn is now 19 is going to nursing school like her mom did and is working as an aide in a hospital in Cleveland.  Audrey, his third child is 12 and is a honor student in middle school.  The youngest is Mallory, who is 9 years old and in the fifth grade and is also on the honor roll.  John was a good father and his children a good foundation that they will carry with them throughout their lives.  We will miss him.  How can you not?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2006, 09:43:00 AM »
I remember John....it took me awhile reading the thread..........another from the cleveland seed was Jack Coleman...died in the early 80's I think. RIP Jack............Karen

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2006, 12:32:00 PM »
[John Grimm]
On 2006-04-18 22:41:00, Anonymous wrote:

"John was continued to be a great friend to many.

He was a loving husband and father of four.  He is greatly missed by everyone. John made a touch many peoples lives more than he ever knew.  The time we shared together are now cherished memories that will never be forgotten. John loved people.  He loved to talk, laugh, and sing.

He loved his family, mom, dad, Dick, Bob, Jan, and Mary so much.  His son John is now 23, working and going to school.  His oldest daughter Jacklyn is now 19 is going to nursing school like her mom did and is working as an aide in a hospital in Cleveland.  Audrey, his third child is 12 and is a honor student in middle school.  The youngest is Mallory, who is 9 years old and in the fifth grade and is also on the honor roll.  John was a good father and his children a good foundation that they will carry with them throughout their lives.  We will miss him.  How can you not?

"
[/quote]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2006, 04:48:00 PM »
cleveland

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2006, 04:57:00 PM »
May they all found peace in their lives before passing.  They were all great people in my eyes and I miss them dearly, Peggy Simpson, Scott Pickard, Dan Titus.

Offline cleveland

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2006, 07:30:00 PM »
Scott Pickard? One of my oldcomers. What happened to him? What about Scott Simpson - Peggy's brother?

w
ally Gator

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2006, 08:03:00 AM »
& What happened to Dan Titus as well.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2006, 09:31:00 AM »
His name was Scott Pickard, not Scott Simpson, he married Peggy Simpson in the 80s.  Scott, I think was from Westlake Ohio.  Peggy was originally from Chillicothe Ohio.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2006, 09:59:00 AM »
Hopefully this thread is here to reflect on each and every one of these human being in a positive way not just for gossip.  Sharing the memories we hold with each other is a gift.  Many of these people have touched our life one way or another.  Some of these people have touched my life in a positive way.  They  may have been a friend, son, daughter, brother, sister, mother or father.  They all had a heart like you and me with struggles and triumphs in their lives like everyone else.  They have crossed our path in life for one reason or another. May they all rest in peace.