Author Topic: STUDENTS/STAFF from Hidden Lake Fucked up school  (Read 26310 times)

Offline Jarhead6

• View Profile
STUDENTS/STAFF from Hidden Lake Fucked up school
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2005, 07:34:00 AM »
[ This Message was edited by: Jarhead6 on 2006-01-25 10:56 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2005, 04:45:00 PM »
On 2005-10-12 04:19:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Robert you havent been in Dahlonega for years. Overlordd you have only been in Dahlonega for 2 months. Neither one of you know what you are talking about. Hidden Lake Academy employs over 200 people. Most of them live in Lumpkin County. Approximately a third of them are natives of the county. Combine that with the fact that Hidden Lake Academy sponsors functions in the county, is a member of the chamber of commerce, rotary, and other civic organizations, and the students participate in various charitable organizations throughout the year and the school in addition to this brings employment, tax money, and business from visiting parents in the form of hotel stays and restaurant visits, and you will clearly see that Hidden Lake Academy is nothing shameful or secretive. There is no chain or gate at the school. There are no fences around the facility. And the entrance is clearly marked. There is nothing to expose. "

Oh my most sincere apology, be sure to let your boss Bucci know how sorry I truly am. Douche. I was imprisoned there, I know exactly how much interaction the students have with people in the town, that would be almost none. At least none that isnt itensley scrutinized for any "manipulation" its amazing to me how easily truth telling turns into manipulation with you people. The people in town may know of the schools existence but they have no idea what goes on there. If they did they would be as guilty as all of you are, you know same crowd that lived in the beautiful town of Auswich.

Offline SHH Anon Classics

• View Profile
    • http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?topic=13488&forum=41&start=34#165552
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2005, 05:51:00 PM »
Yes you would know just how much interaction the townspeople have with the school since you are a native of Georgia (not), a resident of Dahlonega (not), have been in Dahlonega recently (not), been at the school recently (not), and spent the normal 18-22 months at the school (3 months). You are definately the expert on how much the town knows about the school. Since it is one of the main employers of the town, and they hold open houses on occasion for business leaders, memeber of chamber, etc, I cannot possibly imagine that anybody within 40 miles of the school doesnt know its nature and at least basic structure and how it operates and what type and age of kids it has enrolled there. At least half of its employees live within the county boundaries. Their spouses work in the community usually. Their children attend local schools. Some teachers have graduated from North Georgia College. Some rangers or former rangers work there. Some former students go to North Georgia College. Some employees of the police force work parttime or did work partime at the school in a security capacity. They use local merchants, local contractors, local facilities for functions, and sponsor many charity events. They direct the visiting parents to stay at local hotels. So, Robert, tell me, who is the expert on what Dahlonega residents do and don't know about the school? It certainly isn't you.

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2005, 09:35:00 PM »
I have seen the Hidden Lake students delivering and cutting wood for elderly residents, playing with children at the Head Start program, going on their buses to functions in Atlanta and other parts of North Georgia, and in town at restaurants. They also stay with their parents at hotels and bed and breakfasts in town when the parents come for visits. Their interaction with residents happens quite often.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2005, 09:48:00 PM »
oh lord...here goes robertbruce again...asshole!

Oh my most sincere apology, be sure to let your boss Bucci know how sorry I truly am. Douche. I was imprisoned there, I know exactly how much interaction the students have with people in the town, that would be almost none. At least none that isnt itensley scrutinized for any "manipulation" its amazing to me how easily truth telling turns into manipulation with you people. The people in town may know of the schools existence but they have no idea what goes on there. If they did they would be as guilty as all of you are, you know same crowd that lived in the beautiful town of Auswich. "
[/quote]

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2005, 10:55:00 PM »
(Removed)[ This Message was edited by: OverLordd on 2006-01-17 12:26 ]
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2005, 03:00:00 AM »
hey kc hows it goin, this is Missy... I got pulled a couple months ago.  I find it somewhat interesting that the staff told people that you got sent to a lockdown, which they say about anyone who gets in trouble and leaves.  That's good that you were able to go home though.  

HLA is just a business, just like all of the other places in the troubled teen industry.  And all of these people trying to shut the school down, it won't ever work, they're well-guarded legally.  Basically they rely on manipulation of students and parents.  Also, its mostly about painting a perfect picture to parents looking for somewhere to put their kids.  There's a huge demand for places like HLA, and they just take everyones money.  I mean why else would they make you pay the last 3 months of the program upon admission, without refund if the student leaves before that?  The school is supposed to base everything around academics.  All boarding schools are, whether or not they're therapeutic.  The academics at HLA are absurd, and I only had one teacher who actually taught anything the entire time I was there.  Academics at HLA just aren't very important, which is obvious.  I think the people there are really being cheated out of their highschool education, and won't be as prepared for college.  The therapy isn't individual, and isn't effective.  They treat the students there based on what their parents say, and I was there for 9 months, and was treated for a bunch of things that weren't correct, and it was all rediculous, because it was what one of my parents said was wrong, and it took the counselers 9 months to realize that the parent was the root of the problem and crazy, and most of what my mom said was completely wrong.  
A lot of stuff that happens at HLA shouldn't occur, but they do everything to make sure it doesn't get out enough to ruin their reputation.  I still have flashbacks sometimes and weird dreams about being at hla, on a pretty regular basis.  The program basically works by using fear, and instilling anxiety in the students, which is harmful.  This method of "changing" does't seem to be something that carries on long term.  A lot of messed up stuff happened to me at HLA which I will never forget, like when I first got there and on Christmas my shampoo bottle was peed in, my christmas gifts were put w/ another girl's and then hidden from me as well.  Some of the staff there have treated me like I was worthless, and they were totally uneducated and immature, more so than some of the youngest students at the school.  

Basically, all I really gained was insight, some backround on psychology, and some time away from home to clear my head and see the situation I was in before being sent there for what it was.  I could have achieved all of those things, at a normal boarding school.  I feel like I was cheated out of a proper education, and like I wasted my time when I was there.  The negative things that happened to me there greatly outweighed the positive.  HLA was a really emotionally disturbing experience for me.

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2005, 07:05:00 AM »
Overlordd, the students did charity work for the elderly, they interacted with those elderly people, and they interacted with the kids at Head Start, and with the people they encountered while out at functions and in town while visiting their parents. They werent just "seen". They participate in the world around them more than you seem to want to realize. You have been in Dahlonega for 2 months. You wouldnt even know how the people of Dahlonega are or what they think yet. You are not in a position to claim you KNOW anything about the interaction of students and townspeople.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2005, 09:05:00 AM »
On 2005-10-13 00:00:00, Anonymous wrote:

"hey kc hows it goin, this is Missy... I got pulled a couple months ago.  I find it somewhat interesting that the staff told people that you got sent to a lockdown, which they say about anyone who gets in trouble and leaves.  That's good that you were able to go home though.  

HLA is just a business, just like all of the other places in the troubled teen industry.  And all of these people trying to shut the school down, it won't ever work, they're well-guarded legally.  Basically they rely on manipulation of students and parents.  Also, its mostly about painting a perfect picture to parents looking for somewhere to put their kids.  There's a huge demand for places like HLA, and they just take everyones money.  I mean why else would they make you pay the last 3 months of the program upon admission, without refund if the student leaves before that?  The school is supposed to base everything around academics.  All boarding schools are, whether or not they're therapeutic.  The academics at HLA are absurd, and I only had one teacher who actually taught anything the entire time I was there.  Academics at HLA just aren't very important, which is obvious.  I think the people there are really being cheated out of their highschool education, and won't be as prepared for college.  The therapy isn't individual, and isn't effective.  They treat the students there based on what their parents say, and I was there for 9 months, and was treated for a bunch of things that weren't correct, and it was all rediculous, because it was what one of my parents said was wrong, and it took the counselers 9 months to realize that the parent was the root of the problem and crazy, and most of what my mom said was completely wrong.  

A lot of stuff that happens at HLA shouldn't occur, but they do everything to make sure it doesn't get out enough to ruin their reputation.  I still have flashbacks sometimes and weird dreams about being at hla, on a pretty regular basis.  The program basically works by using fear, and instilling anxiety in the students, which is harmful.  This method of "changing" does't seem to be something that carries on long term.  A lot of messed up stuff happened to me at HLA which I will never forget, like when I first got there and on Christmas my shampoo bottle was peed in, my christmas gifts were put w/ another girl's and then hidden from me as well.  Some of the staff there have treated me like I was worthless, and they were totally uneducated and immature, more so than some of the youngest students at the school.  

Basically, all I really gained was insight, some backround on psychology, and some time away from home to clear my head and see the situation I was in before being sent there for what it was.  I could have achieved all of those things, at a normal boarding school.  I feel like I was cheated out of a proper education, and like I wasted my time when I was there.  The negative things that happened to me there greatly outweighed the positive.  HLA was a really emotionally disturbing experience for me."
Well, this young lady's testimony goes a lot futher than the BS posted here by HLA staff and apologists (yes you, Mrs. Gray - your writing style is so annoying but consistent it's easy to ID you).

Thanks for writing, Missy.  Can you explain some of the other things that happened to you at HLA?  I've gotten some communications from young women there who claim to have been sexually abused by staff.  Have you seen anything like that?  Councelors coming on to kids or lewd behaviors?  How easily available are drugs on campus (illicit and pharma)?  

Any information would be helpful.  Thanks.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2005, 09:15:00 AM »
Who is Mrs. Gray? I posted a few of the previous posts to Overlordd but I am not a Mrs. Gray. You have me confused with somebody else.

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2005, 09:20:00 AM »
(Removed)[ This Message was edited by: OverLordd on 2006-01-17 12:26 ]
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2005, 12:45:00 PM »
On 2005-10-12 14:51:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Yes you would know just how much interaction the townspeople have with the school since you are a native of Georgia (not), a resident of Dahlonega (not), have been in Dahlonega recently (not), been at the school recently (not), and spent the normal 18-22 months at the school (3 months). You are definately the expert on how much the town knows about the school. Since it is one of the main employers of the town, and they hold open houses on occasion for business leaders, memeber of chamber, etc, I cannot possibly imagine that anybody within 40 miles of the school doesnt know its nature and at least basic structure and how it operates and what type and age of kids it has enrolled there. At least half of its employees live within the county boundaries. Their spouses work in the community usually. Their children attend local schools. Some teachers have graduated from North Georgia College. Some rangers or former rangers work there. Some former students go to North Georgia College. Some employees of the police force work parttime or did work partime at the school in a security capacity. They use local merchants, local contractors, local facilities for functions, and sponsor many charity events. They direct the visiting parents to stay at local hotels. So, Robert, tell me, who is the expert on what Dahlonega residents do and don't know about the school? It certainly isn't you. "

Again with the three months?  :grin: I wonder do you really have a basis for claiming I was there for three months or are you just tossing that out there to see what i'll say? Maybe I'll say "No I was there for 14 months" or maybe I'll say "No I was there for six months." or maybe I'll even say "Hey how did you know I was only there for three months?" Keep trying you retards couldnt identify someone if they were wearing a name tag. Keep trying though I find it funny.

Anyway back to your rambelings about student interaction with the town. Let me ask you a very simple question. Which one of us was the inmate there me or you? Oh thats right it was me. So maybe, just maybe and I know this is crazy talk, but maybe Id have a better understanding of how much time I personally interacted with the town, well at least a better understanding than you as you were looking from the outside in and propogating the abuse yourself.

Face facts the towns people have no clue as the abuse that goes on there, and as I said before if they did, they would be as guilty as the neighbors of concentration camps.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2005, 12:47:00 PM »
"oh lord...here goes robertbruce again...asshole! "

My goodness that does sound like Mrs.Gray! Or would you just prefer we call you Susie?

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2005, 01:04:00 PM »
I don't know who Mrs. Gray is, but I do know you, Devon. Is Mrs. Gray an employee of the school or one of its directors?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2005, 01:42:00 PM »
On 2005-10-13 04:05:00, Anonymous wrote:

and they interacted with the kids at Head Start

IMO, that doesn't speak well of HeadStart!

There never was a good war or a bad peace.

--Benjamin Franklin, (1773)

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes