Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Thayer Learning Center

I just got out of TLC two months ago.

<< < (2/14) > >>

Anonymous:
is dril sgt aitchison still married 2 morris?
is mr randy still bald?

Sin:
yepp morris and aitchison are still married, they had a kid. Mr.Randy is of course still bald.

tlcrescue:
Sin, I am sorry to hear of your experience at Thayer.  I would like to give you a little insight from a mother's perspective.

I sent my son to Thayer in January of this year.  Randy was his family rep.  Even though we are only supposed to call once a week, I was calling every day because things he said just didn't "sound right" or "feel right" to me.  Needless to say, after only 6 days of these phone calls, I decided to go and retrieve my son.  After driving all night, I arrived on his 7th day there to pick him up.

The takedowns  you speak of are out of control.  The day I dropped my son off there, they immediately took him down (in the entryway of the school) for looking the drill seargent in the eye.  He had just arrived, how was he to know?  His ankle was fractured during this take down and he although he tried to tell them something was wrong with his ankle, he was forced to do the regular 18 hour a day physical workout.  And, because he could not keep up with the other students because of his fractured ankle, he was taken down many, many more times through out the week.  He was hog tied to other students and forced to urinate on himself, among many other types of abuses and neglect.

However, I initially sent my son there out of love and it was out of that love that I returned one week later to pick him up because I became very suspicious of the school.

My son's initial reaction was thankfulness that I had come to "rescue him".  What followed thereafter was hatred and anger for sending him there.  It has been almost 7 months since I have picked him up, and he no longer feels that way.  We have an excellent relationship and he feels he can trust me, and vice versa.  He realizes that I sent him there for help, but also recognizes the fact that I returned immediately to pick him up.  He knew in his heart of hearts that once I realized what this place was like, I would return for him, which I did.

Maybe you should take the time to sit down and really talk to your mother.  Maybe she doesn't understand the extent of what you went through.  I feel guilt every time I think of the pain and suffering my son went through (and still does on occasion due to post traumatic stress).  Ever since my son's return from Thayer, we have been able to talk openly about everything and anything, even down to his first sexual encounters, pressures he feels from other students to do things that will help him "fit in", etc.

Anonymous:
I think you are full of it.  Get the kid on here and let's see what he has to say, with your monitor ,of course.  I'd like to talk to him privately, which won't happen, and won't be exposed.  Right? TLCRESCUE?  You started off, making the right decision, expected your son, to uphold, and you couldn't uphold, that's why you spend your time on fornits blaming your shortcomings.  I'd personally give you the candy ass badge!!  Most all you've said is b/s, but it's easy to post it on the web right?  Your pathetic, but I admire your son's potential, and you do not!! And you don't have the ass to do anything about it.

Anonymous:
Do ed cons and private referrals services place kids at Thayer?  

:eek:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version