Author Topic: Bipolar Meds  (Read 17211 times)

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Bipolar Meds
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2005, 11:09:00 PM »
***Chemical imbalances are real, and they are correlated with anger and depression.

My understanding is that it's the chicken and egg delima.
They don't know if the anger/depression causes the 'imbalance', or the reverse.
What they do know is that when a person grieves (cries), chemicals are released via the tears and one can feel a sense of relief and wellness. You won't hear much in the news about that, but no one, as of yet, can reap large bucks from our tears. Nature rarely makes mistakes- we are incredible healing organisms.
And just as we can release useless chemicals, we have the ability to create useful ones.... ever hear of runner's high? Ever have a sense of total well being after a good movie or song?
This quote rarely resonates with those who prefer drugs, but fwiw:

The founder of osteopathy, Andrew Taylor Still, noted that human beings contain virtually all the healing substances they need. That includes antibiotics, pain killers, tranquilizers, euphorics, anti-inflammatories, etc. of every variety. Therefore, what we primarily need is education toward the maximization of our self-healing capacities.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Bipolar Meds
« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2005, 11:26:00 PM »
I knew it was only a matter of time before Deborah chimed in on this discussion.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Bipolar Meds
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2005, 12:01:00 AM »
How about you put your prejudice toward me aside for a moment and comment on the discussion. Do you think the Prof of Psych at Harvard is lying when he states publicly that 'chemical imbalance' hasn't been proven, and that placebo works for 75-85 people out of 100?

Steven Sharfstein is president of the American Psychiatric Association and Dr. Joseph Glenmullen is a professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School, and author of the book "The Antidepressant Solution."

Dr. GLENMULLEN: But--but patients should be told. They should be told when they start these drugs. Psychiatric drugs can mask the real problems. Psychiatric drugs are being overprescribed. He's right when he actually says that there are no proven biochemical imbalances. [Damn, straight from the Harvard shrink. I guess that proves that the the 'anti propoganda' is not generated by scientology.] Everyone's shocked by that, but it's true, and we don't want to lose sight of the very real issues that he's raised.

COURIC: Well, let me talk to Dr. Sharfstein about that. What about--he said there's no such thing as a chemical imbalance. Tell us your reaction to that.

Dr. SHARFSTEIN: Well, that's total nonsense. It belies the last 20 years of incredible breakthroughs in neuroscience and our understanding of how the brain works, and the fact that the medications that we use are very helpful--often very helpful. [Not the point buddy. Where's the beef? Serve up the research that proves biochemical imbalance. And then prove the research is unbiased and conducted with the utmost integrity.] I also take the middle ground.  Obviously, often these medications are overprescribed. But also, I think they're underprescribed because there are many people out there who have not come forward for treatment who could benefit from the medication.

COURIC: I just have to, Dr. Glenmullen, ask you, if you believe--if you agree with him there's no such thing as a chemical...

Dr. GLENMULLEN: Right.

COURIC: ...brain imbalance...

Dr. GLENMULLEN: Right.

COURIC: ...then why are you prescribing antidepressants?

Dr. GLENMULLEN: Well, they clearly help. I've seen them help patients. There are studies that show they help, but...

COURIC: Well, obviously, are they helping with brain chemistry?

Dr. GLENMULLEN: Well, we don't know that. It's never been proven. [How many times must the man say it. I appreciate his honesty.] Do you know that the FDAs in other countries have actually banned pharmaceutical companies and doctors from making that claim because it's actually never been proven. So it's misleading to tell a patient, `You have an biochemical imbalance. This drug is going to correct that imbalance.' It's in TV ads, it's in magazine ads. It's said all the time in doctor's offices. That's why people--millions of people are shocked by what Tom Cruise said, but that is actually true.

Dr. SHARFSTEIN: I disagree. [Then serve up the proof Dr. Sharfstein.] And this is the kind of scientific debate that we are having within the field of psychiatry that's constructive. That's very different than Mr. Cruise's assertions, which I think are destructive.

COURIC: What about the whole notion of vitamins and exercise? Does he have a point that there are alternatives to medication?

Dr. GLENMULLEN: Absolutely. There is an excellent study comparing, for example, the antidepressant Zoloft to exercise for mild to moderate depression. Same kind of studies that are used to study the drugs for approval for FDA, and exercise was as good as Zoloft head-to-head in a study. Now, if you're are severely depressed, you may not have the energy to exercise. But once you're feeling a little bit better, maybe on an antidepressant, exercise can be one of the best ways to help you wean off an antidepressant.

COURIC: But also therapy is so important, too. And when Tom Cruise says these medications sometimes mask the cause, too often doctors these days are doling out antidepressants or some things like Ritalin and Adderall and other drugs without the necessary counseling to kind of work with kids on issues that can't be cured with a pill, right?

Dr. GLENMULLEN: Absolutely. And you know, people get very passionate about this. You know, if you took a hundred people who went on an antidepressant and felt better, the science shows that 75 to 85 of them would have had the same thing happen on a sugar bill--if they were given a sugar pill...[Damn, that's significant!! How bout they give the teens who are dx'd with depression via Teen Screen the sugar pill. They are so suggestable, it might work for 100% of them.]

COURIC: A placebo.

Dr. GLENMULLEN: ...and they didn't know it was a placebo. The placebo effect is very powerful. It's very persuasive. People really feel, `Wow, this really helped me.' So, again, we need to just educate people so they can make truly informed choices. [Now THAT sounds like the middle ground. Don't lie to people. Inform them about all potential adverse affects, advise them of alternatives. Try the placebo. If it doesn't work, then present the option of drugs. Perhaps the APA should demand this of all shrinkydinks, and those found in violation loose their license.]

COURIC: And really have a more balanced view of this, but not necessarily throw the baby out with the bath water.

Dr. GLENMULLEN: No, no. No. Absolutely. Again, a moderate position. They help many, many people, but they also are over-prescribed. They have side effects that people aren't often told about. They have dangers that people aren't often told about. And there are, as you said, alternatives.

COURIC: When you say dangers, real quickly, what do you mean?

Dr. GLENMULLEN: Well, for example, with antidepressants, we now have a warning that they can make people suicidal. People gain 20, 30, 40 pounds of weight. [Go on. Don't stop there.]

COURIC: And very quickly...

Dr. GLENMULLEN: People have severe withdrawal. Serious side effects. [Death 'is' a pretty serious side effect.]
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Bipolar Meds
« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2005, 12:23:00 AM »
To be clear, I never said I had prejudice against you. You're interpreting what I said as prejudice. I was simply making an observation that I had a feeling you would show up.

I also never said anything about agreeing or disagreeing with your argument. Again, your interpretation.

[ This Message was edited by: sorry... try another castle on 2006-01-14 19:20 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Bipolar Meds
« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2005, 06:35:00 AM »
Mental Illness has been around for thousands of years.

The people who knock meds and are angry, or opinionated, at how an individual chooses to get help make it sound like Big Pharma invented mental illness.

Well, they didn't.

As far as malabsorption, mental illness was around when all foods where eaten fresh, or preserved only with salt.

It was around when human grazed ...

To think that for thousands of years no one in the human race eats right is putting idealism ahead of realism and practicality.

There are plenty of clinics and programs, as well as self help books on mental illness that supposively correct eating habits for optimum use by the body, but the numbers are still the same for those afflicted by mental illness.

Is it really that much of a bummer that Big Pharma came out with medications that allowed to government to shut down all those state psychiatric hospitals?

Would it be better to re-open them, put the mentally ill back in the hospital, take away their medications and force them to live symptomatic for the rest of their days ...

History doesn't lie, nor is it idealistic.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Bipolar Meds
« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2005, 06:37:00 AM »
" The founder of osteopathy, Andrew Taylor Still, noted that human beings contain virtually all the healing substances they need. That includes antibiotics, pain killers, tranquilizers, euphorics, anti-inflammatories, etc. of every variety. Therefore, what we primarily need is education toward the maximization of our self-healing capacities."

What is this, because Andrew Taylor had a theory that he is right?

Who is able to bring out all these inbedded chemicals in our bodies, you Deborah?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Bipolar Meds
« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2005, 06:45:00 AM »
On 2005-11-01 20:26:00, sorry... try another castle wrote:

"I knew it was only a matter of time before Deborah chimed in on this discussion.
"

Deborah is only trained, or gullible, to join the complainers that are so self righteous that they do not respect anyone's personal choices unless they agree with theirs.

It is a juvenile approach to life ...

Feeling self-important may help her own feeling of self-worth but it doesn?t help those
with mental illness.

Wasn't there a short lived thread here asking if Deborah ever helped anyone?

I don't recall any postings in support of Deborah's "help?...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Bipolar Meds
« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2005, 06:57:00 AM »
Osteopathy and chiropractic - a little history....

THE MODERN AMERICAN OCCULT CONNECTION

In the United States, as in England, there were certain families who passed their bone-setting skills down as family trade secrets. The most famous bone-setting families were the Reece family (in west. Penn., and east. Ohio), the Sweet family (in Rhode Is., Mass., Conn., & NY), and the Tieszen and Orton families in South Dakota. The Sweets became orthopedists, the Tieszen and Orton families went into Chiropractic. The Irish Quain family were famous anatomists, surgeons, and physicians.

Osteopathy and chiropractic stemmed from the same occult philosophical roots, but went in different directions. Both shared the idea that the body has the ability to maintain good health if allowed to do so, and both emphasized the manipulation of bones and joints. Both were started about the same time period in America in about the same geographic area, by men who had Scottish ancestry.

A.T. Still (the founder of osteopathy) and D.D. Palmer both studied magic and metaphysics. Both attended many of the same spiritist meetings, for instance both attended the spiritualist meetings at Clinton, Iowa on a number of occasions. (Gibbons, 1980, p. 13)

The osteopath?s goal was to move bones to improve circulation. The chiropractor?s primary goal was to move bones to reduce pressure or the irritation of nerves, with the further goal of positively helping organs and tissue. A.T. Still & other osteopaths claimed Daniel D. Palmer visited Still at his house, but Palmer?s descendants say it?s not true.

Early on Still?s two best assistants were two doctors from Scotland, William Smith & James Littlejohn. Daniel David Palmer (1845-1913), founder of chiropractic, was a Freemason & an occultist. His original practice was to heal people with what he called "magnetic healing" which was a combination of laying on of hands, hypnotism and white magic. Of course it was not called white magic, it was called "magnetic healing" by Palmer.

Part of the magnetism was his own magnetic (hypnotic) personality. Palmer also knew phrenology and had a keen sense of touch concerning a person?s head. D.D. Palmer taught phrenology. D.D. Palmer was a mixture of good and bad traits. He was an excellent scholar and had good organizational skills for what he learned. One of his difficult traits was his megalomania. In 1905, at a coroner?s inquiry, Palmer refused to take an oath to swear the truth "so help me God", because he said that "I don?t want any help from God." It must have been hard on his pride, when his own son B.J. Palmer, who had been cruelly raised by cruel step-mothers, turned Judas and stole from his father both the honor & money that was due his father.

His son Bartlett Joshua Palmer (1882-1961) worked in a circus as an assistant to professional circus hypnotists known as Professor Hunt, and later Professor Herbert L. Flint. Later, with mysterious connections to the right people, B.J. Palmer, got the money and the political clout to get started in building a school for chiropractic. His powerful Davenport radio station, WOC, said to be the second largest in the U.S., had Ronald Reagan (our future president) as one of its sports announcers.

B.J. Palmer was connected to the occult world. He liked to encourage the idea that he was a Christ figure. New Ager Napoleon Hill, author of Think and Grow Rich (1937) considered Palmer his mentor. B.J. had prominent Masons and other elite as his personal guests. Elbert Hubbard, a friend of B.J.?s, was the person who persuaded John D. Rockefeller?s personal physician, to get Rockefeller to use chiropractic care. Later in 1963, Nelson Rockefeller would be the important person to get chiropractic accepted as legal in NY, and then appointed chiropractor Albert Cera to his Medical Advisory Committee.

Illuminati kingpin California Gov. Edmund Brown appointed 12 chiropractors to regional committees associated with the California Board of Medical Assurance. Hollywood got into the promotion of chiropractic, with the 1990 film Jacob?s Ladder which was a film exposing the U.S. military?s use of BZ (a derivative of LSD) in Vietnam to experimentally try to create aggression via drugs in American soldiers.

It appears that chiropractic occult ties have been beneficial in its fight for acceptance. The occult world has worked hard to keep chiropractic within its domain. This is why you will find Christians exposing the occult connections to chiropractic such as T.M. Clement?s book A Warning to Christians About the Origins of Chiropractic. (Moses Lake:WA, date of printing not known).

As the reader will discover other sciences involving the relationship of the mind, brain, the body and personality have also been kept in the domain of the secret societies. Like Palmer, Dr. Andrew Taylor Still, who founded osteopathy, was interested in phrenology, hypnotism, spiritism, magic. The reference book 10,000 Famous Freemasons (Vol. 4) outlines his Masonic career in Freemasonry. His writings include such Masonic phrases as "Great architect of the Universe." His grandfather had been Scotch-Irish. His father was a Methodist Episcopal minister, who was an abolitionist who fought with John Brown and the free-state forces in Kansas.

Andrew Taylor Still ran for the legislature of Kansas Territory as a free-state candidate and won in the Oct. 1857 elections. Later, he married Mary Elvira Turner, who was from the "burned-over" district in New York. She had been exposed to abolitionist ideas, phrenology, and hypnotism (called mesmerism) which were all popular in the area she grew. Her area of NY was where Spiritism began in 1848. Horace Greeley of the NY Tribune then made these seances with spirits famous. In 1867, after his children died, Andrew Taylor Still embraced spiritistism. Still?s beliefs in spiritism included ideas from Freemason Swendenborg?s writings. (For details of Andrew Taylor Still?s life refer to the book Trowbridge, Carol. Andrew Taylor Still. Kirksville, MO: The Thomas Jefferson Press, 1990.)

A.T. Still built osteopathy on the foundation of teachings of men such as phrenologist/hypnotists such as Joseph Rodes Buchanan. Buchanan used hypnosis and manipulation of the head to radiate the cerebral fluid from the brain to the body, which was coming close to the basics of cranial osteopathy. How did A.T. Still come up with these new ideas? A.T. Still was able to study and conduct experiments on bodies by raiding Indian graves for bodies, which he says in his "Circumstances and Personal Experiences" he did thousands of experiments on.

Offline shanlea

• View Profile
Bipolar Meds
« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2005, 08:46:00 AM »
Maybe the way to look at it is to be grateful there are so many options to treat different conditions, whether through diet and exercise, alternative meds, or regular meds.  I know I'm always happy to have a glass of wine to ease stress, but the last thing I want to do when I'm depressed is drink. There is a place for everything. And the truth is, there is a lot of overdiagnosing and overprescribing (especially with ADD)and not enough sustained effort in choosing life style changes over pharmaceuticals. Sometimes, the best approach is combined. I think the important thing is for people to be very aware and proactive on their own behalf and not just blindly follow the presecription pad.

A little bit of craziness is not a bad thing.  Who wants to live in a vanilla world? But I've seen meds work well for people who were really suffering, and treatment saved their lives and their family's.  It's nice to have options.
hanlea

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Bipolar Meds
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2005, 09:22:00 AM »
Who wrote that piece? A christian MD who's still pissed that insurance now pays for chiropractic and DOs? Many christians utilize homeopathy/ chiropractic/ osteopathic care. Which christian cult is putting out the warning mentioned?
The beauty is that we do have options.

My mother's heart doctor wanted to do an angiogram and possibly stints for a minor blockage in her heart. Why? Because that's ALL he has been trained to do. And the sooner the better to avoid liability.
Her DO agreed with me- it wasn't necessary- and approved the supplements I had researched, adding one. He and the heart specialist have been monitoring her on a regular basis. She has reversed that blockage with supplements and diet.
She could've been one of the statistics- many who die during the angiogram.

It's strictly choice. For me and my family... I'm going to take the least invasive and destructive path to well-being.
For those bitching... no need for such defensiveness. You have, and will always have the choice of drugs.
The question still remains though... why you are so staunchly opposed to information about alternatives to mainstream treatment?

I noticed that not one of you replied to the Professors comment re: brain chemicals. Now that you know the truth, will you continue to perpetuate the lie?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Bipolar Meds
« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2005, 12:25:00 PM »
The Oath of Hippocrates

I SWEAR by Apollo the physician and AEsculapius, and Hygiea, and Panacea, and all the gods and goddesses, that, according to my ability and judgment, I will keep this Oath and this stipulation-- to reckon him who taught me this Art equally dear to me as my parents, to share my substance with him, and relieve his necessities if required; to look upon his offspring in the same footing as my own brothers, and to teach them this art, if they shall wish to learn it, without fee or stipulation; and that by precept, lecture, and every other mode of instruction, I will impart a knowledge of the Art to my own sons, and those of my teachers, and to disciples bound by a stipulation and oath according to the law of medicine, but to none others. I will follow that system of regimen which, according to my ability and judgment, I consider for the benefit of my patients, and abstain from whatever is deleterious and mischievous. I will give no deadly medicine to any one if asked, nor suggest any such counsel; and in like manner I will not give to a woman a pessary to produce abortion. With purity and with holiness I will pass my life and practice my Art. I will not cut persons laboring under the stone, but will leave this to be done by men who are practitioners of this work. Into whatever houses I enter, I will go into them for the benefit of the sick, and will abstain from every voluntary act of mischief and corruption; and, further, from the seduction of females or males, of freemen and slaves. Whatever, in connection with my professional service, or not in connection with it, I see or hear, in the life of men, which ought not to be spoken of abroad, I will not divulge, as reckoning that all such should be kept secret. While I continue to keep this Oath unviolated, may it be granted to me to enjoy life and the practice of the art, respected by all men, in all times. But should I trespass and violate this Oath, may the reverse be my lot.

The Law of Hippocrates
1. Medicine is of all the arts the most noble; but, owing to the ignorance of those who practice it, and of those who, inconsiderately, form a judgment of them, it is at present far behind all the other arts. Their mistake appears to me to arise principally from this, that in the cities there is no punishment connected with the practice of medicine (and with it alone) except disgrace, and that does not hurt those who are familiar with it. Such persons are the figures which are introduced in tragedies, for as they have the shape, and dress, and personal appearance of an actor, but are not actors, so also physicians are many in title but very few in reality.

2. Whoever is to acquire a competent knowledge of medicine, ought to be possessed of the following advantages: a natural disposition; instruction; a favorable position for the study; early tuition; love of labor; leisure. First of all, a natural talent is required; for, when Nature leads the way to what is most excellent, instruction in the art takes place, which the student must try to appropriate to himself by reflection, becoming an early pupil in a place well adapted for instruction. He must also bring to the task a love of labor and perseverance, so that the instruction taking root may bring forth proper and abundant fruits.

3. Instruction in medicine is like the culture of the productions of the earth. For our natural disposition, is, as it were, the soil; the tenets of our teacher are, as it were, the seed; instruction in youth is like the planting of the seed in the ground at the proper season; the place where the instruction is communicated is like the food imparted to vegetables by the atmosphere; diligent study is like the cultivation of the fields; and it is time which imparts strength to all things and brings them to maturity.

4. Having brought all these requisites to the study of medicine, and having acquired a true knowledge of it, we shall thus, in traveling through the cities, be esteemed physicians not only in name but in reality. But inexperience is a bad treasure, and a bad fund to those who possess it, whether in opinion or reality, being devoid of self-reliance and contentedness, and the nurse both of timidity and audacity. For timidity betrays a want of powers, and audacity a lack of skill. They are, indeed, two things, knowledge and opinion, of which the one makes its possessor really to know, the other to be ignorant.

5. Those things which are sacred, are to be imparted only to sacred persons; and it is not lawful to impart them to the profane until they have been initiated into the mysteries of the science.

Sorry, just had to throw that in there.

I do think, though, that the psyches are lagging behind their peers in the physical medicine side of the profession.

In the medical field, as I've dealt with them recenlty, there are one or two old farts on the clinical staff who freak the fuck out at any mention of dietary interventions or herbal supliments. I just don't talk to them anymore.

I talk to the old guy on the team, the one educted in India, the prolific research publisher who's primary interest and area of accomplishment has been in testing the latest, greatest, cutting edge drugs used in his field. He's the one who, reliably, will go down the drugs list at clinic and recomend dropping or reducing as many of them as is prudent. He's the one who will take a few minutes to figure out that, while treating elevated phosphate w/ drugs, it's a good idea to limit phosphate in the diet (dairy, primarily) and to try and address the patient's strong craving w/ alternative sources for other elements contained in dairy that may be causing those cravings.

The shrinks who I've met in that same institution hold to an entirely different philosophy. They still seem to think, like many medical docturs used to, that every deviation from what the latest version of their text books call 'normal' should be agressively treated w/ the latest drugs. And they get most offended, and frankly a little intimidating, if one tries to decline their assistance.

I do not find in orthodox Christianity one redeeming feature.
--Thomas Jefferson, U.S. President, author, scientist, architect, educator, and diplomat

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Bipolar Meds
« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2005, 02:20:00 PM »
On 2005-11-02 05:46:00, shanlea wrote:

"Maybe the way to look at it is to be grateful there are so many options to treat different conditions, whether through diet and exercise, alternative meds, or regular meds.  I know I'm always happy to have a glass of wine to ease stress, but the last thing I want to do when I'm depressed is drink. There is a place for everything. And the truth is, there is a lot of overdiagnosing and overprescribing (especially with ADD)and not enough sustained effort in choosing life style changes over pharmaceuticals. Sometimes, the best approach is combined. I think the important thing is for people to be very aware and proactive on their own behalf and not just blindly follow the presecription pad.

A little bit of craziness is not a bad thing.  Who wants to live in a vanilla world? But I've seen meds work well for people who were really suffering, and treatment saved their lives and their family's.  It's nice to have options."

This is pretty close to my sentiments as well. I am fortunate that I have a psychiatrist who has always prescribed and recomended multiple options for my symptoms, from fish oil to supplement my condition, to a Go-lite to help with my sleeping disorder. When he realized that my sleeping problems were not improving with my medication regimen, he recommended that I get a sleep study done for sleep apnea, which I do indeed have. (I found out last week.) In fact, he refused to even consider changing ANY of my medications further until I had that study done, because he felt that sleep hygeine was so important to depression. He has also recommended exercise and a good diet, as well as the obvious, i.e. therapy, both individual and group, especially something like Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, which, in my opinion, has proven to be very effective in combating depression.

I feel that there are a lot of people out there with a rather myopic view of the psychiatric industry, which is a common trap people fall into when they cast generalizations. Generalizations refuse to account for the individual, i.e. the thousands of individuals who suffer from some sort of mental illness and have found some sort of solace with a form of therapy, whether it be medication, exercise, diet, CBT, or a combination. Generalizations do not account for those stories.

Maybe it's also true that people have done well on placebos, but I guess I'm part of that 25% that do not. There have been several times where I have gotten a "bad batch" of my anti-depressants (back when I was on them) and my symtoms started to come back in full force. I honestly didn't know what was going on, until my psychiatrist at the time said that he had noticed that several people had complained about getting a bad batch of that drug every so often, where it was at 80% effectiveness instead of 100%.

Anyway, my point is, that any good psychiatrist will take into account multiple forms of therapy, and there are good doctors out there who do that.

[ This Message was edited by: sorry... try another castle on 2006-01-14 19:19 ]

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Bipolar Meds
« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2005, 02:22:00 PM »
***To be clear, I never said I had prejudice against you. You're interpreting what I said as prejudice. I was simply making an observation that I had a feeling you would show up.

To be clear, then you should state your position. Otherwise, given your position on the issue, one is left to their INTERPRETATION.
Is there a problem with me 'chiming' in?
Or did you take up bandwidth to announce your psychic abilities? Or perhaps to just vent about not dominating the discussion?
I wouldn't want to assume......

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Bipolar Meds
« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2005, 03:17:00 PM »
No need to be testy. It was simply an observation. I'm allowed to make mine just as you are allowed to make yours. I am getting the impression that there might be some defensiveness on this issue. Maybe I should have chosen a more neutral word than "chimed", like "joined", but then again, I've never been one to walk on eggshells in the offchance that someone might misinterpret my statement.

It was honestly meant as a neutral comment. Were it intended to be negative or positive, I would have put the appropriate emoticon after it. Such as  :wave: .

Haven't you ever heard someone say "I had a feeling you'd show up." before?

As for whether or not I was upset because I wasn't "dominating the conversation", that is yet another assumption of my character, and a grossly inaccurate one. I have no desire to do so. I prefer discussion.

On my side, I have not made any assumptions or accusations of your character, so I am sorry that you assumed my statement about your arrival was one, because it was not intended as such. Someone did indeed quote my comment and decide to do so, but that was not my comment, that was theirs.

Anyway, I would like to chalk this up to a miscommunication and move on, if that is allright with you.

[ This Message was edited by: sorry... try another castle on 2006-01-14 19:19 ]

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Bipolar Meds
« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2005, 03:38:00 PM »
Agreed.