Author Topic: What now?  (Read 2838 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
What now?
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2005, 03:24:00 PM »
Also, it's refreshing to find others who experienced what I did, and who feel about it as I do now.  For a long time I thought that I was the only person on Earth who felt that Straight was a fucked-up, abusive, brainwashing factory.  When I found others here who felt the same way, it was reassuring.  I am disgusted by those who would look back on Straight with fond memories and wistful nostalgia to the point that they would want to reunite with other Straightlings and talk about all the "good times" from the "good old days".  I'm more interested in smoking out with other survivors, toasting our survival and celebrating being out of Straight, not looking back at the time I spent in Straight as being some kind of summer camp or boarding school with weirder rules than most..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
What now?
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2005, 04:06:00 PM »
Yeah, seriously.

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
What now?
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2005, 01:20:00 PM »
Jesus, what I mean by nuetral, is a rented area such as a small bar.  There would probably be a band and some instruments available for those that want to jam.  People could show up sober, wasted, dusted to the eyeballs, I could care less. There would be no ajenda other than old aquaintences getting together and sharing some quality time together.

There are folks that basically hate me for the post where I made them contemplate whether or not they 'deserved' to be placed in a facility such as straight.  If I came off as self righteous, sorry, you did'nt understand what I was attempting to convey, so screw it.  Woof stayed at my dad's house and can attest that it was no Taj Mahal, but it beat living on food stamps in a part of Largo that almost guaranteed a life of poverty after High School.  I just wanted a better life, and anyone who thinks that I loved the program is sadly mistaken.  I was a Jerk for 85 out of 98 days and a damn good one.  I pulled some classic stunts and shit, then staff decided to just FORCE the program on me by promoting me to second phase.  Third phase came next, all those newcomers, all that responsability, and before I new it I was standing up in an open meeting in August and it was over.  August 24, 1979.  I could write about what happened after my step brothers screwed up, how I was constantly getting ripped off to the point that I had to put all my valuables in the trunk of my car, then finally moved out at 18, but who cares?  This forum aint about helpin, its about hurt'n right?
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
What now?
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2005, 01:33:00 PM »
Sure kid, I get that. Just watch what you say regarding lawn mowers and Barbie dolls, that shit is sick. You owe someone an apology, because unless they killed your dog or something they don't deserve that.

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
What now?
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2005, 03:09:00 PM »
On 2005-11-01 10:20:00, 85 Day Jerk wrote:

There are folks that basically hate me for the post where I made them contemplate whether or not they 'deserved' to be placed in a facility such as straight.

I don't think you made anyone here "contemplate" whether or not we needed to be there.  :roll:  YOU stated that some needed to be there and the way it came off was really whiny and pissy.  Like you were jealous of all the 'rich kids'.

http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... rt=#139613 As to whether or not they deserved it, the people I seen in my first days there did. They were upper crust white bread punks that had gone their whole lives without a serious ass whooping. They had no values, no goals and no directions. Most went to private schools.

I think that post just gave a lot of us a true insight into your beliefs about Straight and its practices.

btw.....no response to my email huh?  You'd rather just call me names out here.  OK.  Fire away.  :lol:  :lol:

If you think yourself too wise to involve
yourself in government, you will be governed
by those too foolish to govern.  
--Plato

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
What now?
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2005, 06:50:00 PM »
On 2005-10-31 12:24:00, Anonymous wrote:

For a long time I thought that I was the only person on Earth who felt that Straight was a fucked-up, abusive, brainwashing factory. When I found others here who felt the same way, it was reassuring.

I'm so sorry, darlin!  :cry: God, I wish I'd taken a different turn 20 years ago. I'd bet good money today that we would have run into each other and had a blast.

Unless we put medical freedom into the Constitution, the time will come when medicine will organize an undercover dictatorship. To restrict the art of healing to one class of men, and deny equal privilege to others, will be to constitute the Bastille of medical science. All such laws are un-American and despotic, and have no place in a Republic. The Constitution of this Republic should make special privilege for medical freedom as well as religious freedom.
--Abridged quote-Benjamin Rush, M.D., a signer of the Declaration of Independence

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes