Author Topic: Statement from Founder Joe Gauld  (Read 3461 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Statement from Founder Joe Gauld
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2006, 08:15:02 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Go to www.guidestar.org. Anyone can sign up to look at the IRS forms.  Pull up all the Hyde Schools run by the Gauld family and you will see all the monies going to the family through each of the schools including the wealth of property.  Take note of all the expenses for traveling, fundraising, entertainment, etc.

This doc will also tell you the true numbers of the kids who enroll each year at each campus.  For instance at one campus although Hyde states they have 180 students, the enrollment on the IRS for is around 320.  This must mean that the difference is the dropout rate. Do the calculations!

Yes I have looked at it.  As far as the property, it is held by the school. There is something in there about the house out back where Joe lives being rented.  But it was not clear to me that it was owned by the Gaulds and being rented to the school or Vice Versa. Nothing there seemed out of line with what you might expect from , as you say a "business" of that size, except perhaps the amount paid to the fund raising group in Portland.  A large sum is payed to Gauld family members.  A large number of Gaulds are officers of one sort or another.  IF there was a problem with that I would suspect that the BoG would do something about it.
  All schools public and private have to run as a business.  Churches do too, or they cease to exist.

"A business of that size?"  Who do you think has control of this "business?" You say that the property is owned by the school.  Who do you think owns majority interest in the schools? Who do you think has final say in matters? It is kind of ignorant to not see how rich the Gaulds are getting from the schools and the government even if they hide behind a non profit status.

My concern is not so much what the extended Gauld family makes.  My concern is the lack of education these kids are getting, how they are pulled out of school for days at a time as punishment, (isn't there a law about the amount of days kids attend school?) the public humiliation that the kids report, as well as other abuses.

What do you have to say about the reported number of kids who were enrolled at each school vs what Hyde says on their website?  Also many of the pro Hyde posters keep talking about the amount of graduates.  What about the discrepancy? Does this mean that the school/gaulds are keeping all this extra tuition?

The size of the business is in the report you tout.  As far as being ignorant, go look in the mirror.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2006, 01:46:32 PM »
Go to www.guidestar.org. Anyone can sign up to look at the IRS forms.  Pull up all the Hyde Schools run by the Gauld family and you will see all the monies going to the family through each of the schools including the wealth of property.  Take note of all the expenses for traveling, fundraising, entertainment, etc.

This doc will also tell you the true numbers of the kids who enroll each year at each campus.  For instance at one campus although Hyde states they have 180 students, the enrollment on the IRS for is around 320.  This must mean that the difference is the dropout rate. Do the calculations!

Yes I have looked at it.  As far as the property, it is held by the school. There is something in there about the house out back where Joe lives being rented.  But it was not clear to me that it was owned by the Gaulds and being rented to the school or Vice Versa. Nothing there seemed out of line with what you might expect from , as you say a "business" of that size, except perhaps the amount paid to the fund raising group in Portland.  A large sum is payed to Gauld family members.  A large number of Gaulds are officers of one sort or another.  IF there was a problem with that I would suspect that the BoG would do something about it.
  All schools public and private have to run as a business.  Churches do too, or they cease to exist.

"A business of that size?"  Who do you think has control of this "business?" You say that the property is owned by the school.  Who do you think owns majority interest in the schools? Who do you think has final say in matters? It is kind of ignorant to not see how rich the Gaulds are getting from the schools and the government even if they hide behind a non profit status.

My concern is not so much what the extended Gauld family makes.  My concern is the lack of education these kids are getting, how they are pulled out of school for days at a time as punishment, (isn't there a law about the amount of days kids attend school?) the public humiliation that the kids report, as well as other abuses.

What do you have to say about the reported number of kids who were enrolled at each school vs what Hyde says on their website?  Also many of the pro Hyde posters keep talking about the amount of graduates.  What about the discrepancy? Does this mean that the school/gaulds are keeping all this extra tuition?

The size of the business is in the report you tout.  As far as being ignorant, go look in the mirror.

ohhhhhh, did we strike a nerve?  Again you are not addressing the questions that were posed to you.  Why would the IRS statement say that there were 320 enrollments and yet the school only had 180 at a time?  You seem to know so much about the school, why won't you answer this?  I can only assume by this information that the school has a very high dropout rate and the numbers they tout are not accurate or true. If I am wrong please do correct me and I will apologize.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2006, 05:31:45 PM »

ohhhhhh, did we strike a nerve?  Again you are not addressing the questions that were posed to you.  Why would the IRS statement say that there were 320 enrollments and yet the school only had 180 at a time?  You seem to know so much about the school, why won't you answer this?  I can only assume by this information that the school has a very high dropout rate and the numbers they tout are not accurate or true. If I am wrong please do correct me and I will apologize.

"we"? what group do you front for?  As far a hitting a 'nerve', yes you did.  I hate having my intellectual prowess impugned by a puke touchhole.  why can't YOU answer?