Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Hyde Schools

Seeking information about Hyde School

(1/1)

Anonymous:
We are exploring several boarding schools and would like information about the Hyde School.  

We've heard lots of rumors about a big lawsuit filed against the school.  We don't know the facts, but what we've heard has to do with a teacher who supposedly behaved very inappropriately with students.  It sounds like the school has been very hush-hush about this and tried to make the problem go away.  Does anybody know anything about this?

tommyfromhyde1:
I don't know about the lawsuit because it happened
way after I left. That being said, Hyde's an
abusive, sadistic place. I wouldn't send my worst
enemy there.
The will to learn is an intrinsic motive...The will to learn becomes a 'problem' only under specialized circumstances like those of a school where the curriculum is set, students confined, and a path fixed.
--Jerome S. Bruner, Harvard.
--- End quote ---

Troll Control:

--- Quote ---On 2005-09-24 11:45:00, Anonymous wrote:

"We are exploring several boarding schools and would like information about the Hyde School.  

We've heard lots of rumors about a big lawsuit filed against the school.  We don't know the facts, but what we've heard has to do with a teacher who supposedly behaved very inappropriately with students.  It sounds like the school has been very hush-hush about this and tried to make the problem go away.  Does anybody know anything about this?"

--- End quote ---
If you're looking for a school, why are you looking at Hyde or any other "emotional growth" program?  These places are not schools by any stretch of the imagination.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version