Author Topic: I was going to write Dear Greg, but even titles seem it be m  (Read 28764 times)

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
I was going to write Dear Greg, but even titles seem it be m
« Reply #150 on: October 02, 2005, 12:31:00 AM »
On 2005-10-01 17:51:00, Anonymous wrote:

"the honorary degree question was already answered previously, but i guess since it was not satisfyingly enough disparging of Art it was rejected - swat - let's all join in a chorus of "we only want the brand of truth that fits the mold we've already cast" second verse "facts are only facts when we say, disagree with this and we'll tell you so"

maybe this will help, Dr. Jack Taylor, ( a real PHD and Seed parent), was one of the administrators of Fort Lauderdale College at the time, promoted the degree to honor Art for all the work he had done to help the community."

now its "ft lauderdale college" eh?

What happened to the Art Institute? or
the university"?  Or all the other bullshit about accreditations that weren't really in place in 1972 that were brought up for obvious reasons?

Okay, Ft lauderdale college...where were they located? what about the circumstances surrounding the "doctorate"?  Were they accredited?  

Tell us, oh wise anonymous possesor of the truth....

Lets just get a truer version of the truth this time please, without building up accreditations and so forth that don't relate to a doctorate nor that were even associated with the "college" in question.

Ft lauderdale college, eh?

New one on me. Just where were they located? Why doens't "the art institute of Ft Lauderdale" mention them in their history if indeed they were the earlier incarnation of what is now "the art institute of Ft lauderdale".  If they are, on who's authority did they award the "doctorate"? Did they possess a campus?  Did they have any accreditation to issue said "doctorate".

Did Art finish High school?  College?  Junior college?  

Comn, I know you can cough up the truth here...we are waiting...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline GregFL

• View Profile

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 02, 2005, 12:47:00 AM »
http://studentaid2.ed.gov/gotocollege/s ... y_name.asp

No listing of "Ft Lauderdale College".

Curious.

Now it comes to light that a seed parent got Art the "doctorate".

This gets more interesting all the time!

Who was the accrediting agency for "Ft Lauderdale College" in 1972?  Under what authority were they issuing "doctorates"?  Where were they located?

Keep those trivia tidbits coming!!

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 02, 2005, 12:36:00 PM »
On 2005-10-01 17:51:00, Anonymous wrote:

"the honorary degree question was already answered previously, but i guess since it was not satisfyingly enough disparging of Art it was rejected - swat - let's all join in a chorus of "we only want the brand of truth that fits the mold

Crying wolf here.  You posted a gloss over about accreditation that simply wasn't true.

I am interested in the facts here. If you can demonstrate Art got his honorary Doctorate diploma from a legitimate Accredited college in 1972 that was accredited to issue Doctorate degrees (by a legitimate accrediting authority), I will apologize for even bringing it up.

Just don't try again what you did the first time...sugar coat the facts and circumstances and throw a curve ball out there to distract from what really occured.

Please this time  use the first and most impotent rule...post the college and link us to some facts about said college. "Ft Lauderdale College" isn't even mentioned anywhere on the web that I can find, nor is it listed on the US Dept of Education website, nor does The Art Institute of Ft Lauderdale, who isn't now or have ever been accredited to issue doctorate degrees, listing them as a former incarnate.

So, clear this up once and for all and my apology will follow. Fair enough?

Go ahead...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 02, 2005, 01:07:00 PM »
greg,answering (sorta) your earlier question. i dont think art completed college or a junior college. not formally at any rate, but i dont think he attended one. i never heard him talk about going thru one in the least. so its not hard definitive fact, but i think its accurate.  sorry i cannot be more specific, i am just going based on memories from a long time ago.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 02, 2005, 01:17:00 PM »
Thanks anon # 24.    :grin:

But serious, that isn't the issue here, it is common knowledge Art had little or no formal education.

There was a specific allegation/statement in the press many years ago that Art obtained his degree from a diploma mill.  I regurgitated that and then along comes Anon # 19 ( :grin: ) to wax over "the art institute of Ft Lauderdale"  and their credentials. Notable is that in 1972 they were not accredited to award any type of degree at all.

Funny thing,  they have never awarded doctorates, honorary or otherwise, and certainly not in the field Art has his honorary doctorate in.

Further, THEY AREN"T EVEN THE PLACE that awarded Art his "doctorate", According to our anon poster who so professionally posted that in a manner meant to stop all questioning of the facts.

So I am just asking for someone to step forward with the real facts because admittedly I do not have them.  

It is revelant that someone who would lock little
children up and make them recite "honesty is the first and most important rule"  and based his entire life on that supposed premise MAY have accepted an honorary doctorate from a facility not accredited to issue doctorates...is it not?

Or maybe it really is a doctorate from the proper channels, from a proper university/college that was accreddited to award such a degree and that actually had a doctorate program.  Maybe he did qualify for a doctorate using the following or similar criteria...  

http://oregonstate.edu/facultystaff/han ... doctor.htm

Or maybe it was more along the lines of this....

http://www.quackwatch.org/04ConsumerEducation/dm1.html

Lets here the truth!  Vive la verdad!

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED?  This time, with some integrity please....

Offline Helena Handbasket

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 02, 2005, 01:34:00 PM »

Lets here the truth!  Vive la verdad!

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED?  This time, with some integrity please....

"

Greg, what's happened is that someone was hoping this would never be questioned, and never banked on the wealth of information - that is now at our fingertips - back in the 70s.  

Seems that Barker, as well his supporters had to "Gild the Lily" back then to make the program attractive, and no one ever questioned it then.  What does Barker have to lose now?
uly 21, 2003 - September 17, 2006

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 02, 2005, 01:35:00 PM »
What's the difference?  Honorary degrees are as worthless as unaccredited ones.

Bill Cosby is an honorary "doctor."  All he seems to know how to do is drug and sexually assault women.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Helena Handbasket

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 02, 2005, 03:18:00 PM »
On 2005-10-02 10:35:00, Anonymous wrote:

"What's the difference?  Honorary degrees are as worthless as unaccredited ones.

Bill Cosby is an honorary "doctor."  All he seems to know how to do is drug and sexually assault women."

Well if that is a fact, and not just tabloid bullshit, It's not like he's dragging these women in by flashing his sheepskin. Now flashing the foreskin is another story!  :rofl:
uly 21, 2003 - September 17, 2006

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 02, 2005, 07:14:00 PM »
On 2005-10-02 10:35:00, Anonymous wrote:

"What's the difference?  Honorary degrees are as worthless as unaccredited ones.

Bill Cosby is an honorary "doctor."  All he seems to know how to do is drug and sexually assault women."

There is a difference.

An honorary degree awarded by an accredited institution is usually a ceremony with much pomp and circumstance, and with the exception of the occasional celebrity alumni, done for people that have demonstrated something worthwhile for humanity in a way that has caught the attention of the university.

An honorary degree from a diploma mill is usually purchased by someone and used to dishonestly bolster someone's status.

Two very different animals here....

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 02, 2005, 10:22:00 PM »
bayview drive just north of sunrise blvd. now; broward blvd. just east of u.s. 1 then, but keep it up, if you can't find it, it must not exist, right?
has anyone on this sight ever heard of the telephone book or directory assistance?
maybe if you'd paid attention at the seed the concept of using the simplest route may have occurred to you.
jesus christ, this site is like dealing with little children, can any of you actually do anything for yourselves?

Offline marshall

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 02, 2005, 10:53:00 PM »
So, is this the one we're talking about?

http://stage.findtuition.com/college.ph ... it&lr=tuit

http://www.fmu.edu/

BTW anon, YOU are part of "this site" too. It's like saying; YOU stupid americans! Given the wide range of opinions & points of view expressed here, I'm dumbfounded how so many are able to lump every poster together as 'this site', etc.
Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. You must climb towards the Truth. It cannot be \'stepped down\'

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 03, 2005, 06:32:00 AM »
that link leads us here...

http://www.fmu.edu

Your gonna insult people that can't find Ft Lauderdale College by providing the directions to Florida Metropolitan University?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Incredible.

Now its Florida Metropolitan University?

Unreal!   The facility keeps changing!

Notable is that Florida Metropolitan University (which I do not believe is the institution that Art obtained his Doctorate from)

DOES NOT OFFER DOCTORATE DEGREES!

Still waiting.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 03, 2005, 06:53:00 AM »
maybe if you'd paid attention at the seed the concept of using the simplest route may have occurred to you.

Really?

Which rule was that?  Or maybe it was a step?  A sign?

Think think think, easy does it, and always use the simplest route.

May have well been, whatwith the inane bullshit you guys were force-feeding to kids being held captive against their will.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 03, 2005, 07:19:00 AM »
On 2005-10-02 19:22:00, Anonymous wrote:

has anyone on this sight ever heard of the telephone book or directory assistance?

jesus christ, this site is like dealing with little children, can any of you actually do anything for yourselves? "

Hey, nice come down on ya staffer!

give yourself a pat on the back.  Art would be so proud of  the way you have progressed your social skills and all.