Author Topic: More Kids in Chains  (Read 2549 times)

Offline Helena Handbasket

• View Profile
More Kids in Chains
« on: September 21, 2005, 10:54:00 AM »
Just... Damn.  

http://www.sun-herald.com/NewsArchive2/ ... tp2ch7.htm

Where are we going, and what are we doing in this handbasket?? [ This Message was edited by: Helena Handbasket on 2005-09-21 08:00 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
uly 21, 2003 - September 17, 2006

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
More Kids in Chains
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 11:28:00 AM »
These parents don't get it ... they lost control of their child's attitude and behavior ... but instead of incarcerating him in a program, they turned their (and his) home into a prison.

Hope they get the book thrown at 'em.  

THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR ABUSE.

:smokin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
More Kids in Chains
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 11:31:00 AM »
"Aggravated child abuse is a first-degree felony that can result in a maximum sentence of 30 years in prison."

But apparently it's okay if you pay someone else to do it.   :flame:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
More Kids in Chains
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 11:57:00 AM »
Wow... that lady is so, so sick. "Well, he was immature and rebellious, so I chain him to a wall". I hope the authorities there lock her up for a long time. She obviously also needs counseling to realize that you just don't abuse kids, no matter how "bad" they get.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
More Kids in Chains
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 02:10:00 PM »
Chain Mom and Pop up and see whether they agree this is appropriate behavior modification.

Damn fools.  Jail is too good for them.  Send them to a boot camp for defiant parents.  Make em' sweat in triple digit temps and restrict them to no showers until they write 5000 times .. I AM A STUPID ASS PARENT.  CHILD ABUSE IS A CRIME.

:smokin:

• View Profile
More Kids in Chains
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2005, 02:14:00 PM »
What's completely galling is that this kid was chained following AVOIDING a fight.  Apparently that was the last straw.  I wonder what they would have done if he'd stuck around and fought?

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
More Kids in Chains
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2005, 08:45:00 PM »
The mother's statements about her fear of losing her job and her husbands business were also mind boggling. Can you say....extremely selfish!!!!!!!! Just shows how out of touch these parents are, to say the least....the mother is more concerned about losing face than about thinking serioiusly about the harm they inflicted upon their son.

And her comments to the effect how out of control the kid was so what were they supposed to do?....I have a suggestion...try being PARENTS! Of course these two probably gave up on the child long ago which probably had a lot to do with why he was "out of control" in the first place. I hope both parents spend the rest of their lives in prison if that's possible...30 years doesn't seen long enough for these two.
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
More Kids in Chains
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2005, 10:03:00 PM »
It reminds me of a program I attended in Oregon where they would shackle kids to their bed posts.

• View Profile
More Kids in Chains
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2005, 10:18:00 PM »
On 2005-09-21 19:03:00, Anonymous wrote:

"It reminds me of a program I attended in Oregon where they would shackle kids to their bed posts."

Care to tell us which one?

And isn't it interesting that when it's done in the home, it's child abuse (which it is - don't get me wrong), but when it's done under the guise of a "Program", it's "Treatment"?

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
More Kids in Chains
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2005, 02:56:00 PM »
On 2005-09-21 17:45:00, Nonconformistlaw wrote:

"The mother's statements about her fear of losing her job and her husbands business were also mind boggling. Can you say....extremely selfish!!!!!!!! Just shows how out of touch these parents are, to say the least

And her comments to the effect how out of control the kid was so what were they supposed to do?....I have a suggestion...try being PARENTS! Of course these two probably gave up on the child long ago which probably had a lot to do with why he was "out of control" in the first place. I hope both parents spend the rest of their lives in prison if that's possible...30 years doesn't seen long enough for these two.

"

This is just one of many reasons why some kids need to be removed from their Environment, sometimes the parents cant deal with it and are driven to do really stupid things, just like kids do, they react badly.  The only option for adults is prison.  Kids have intervention programs left and right, TBS etc to help them change their behavior.  Adults dont so off to prison they go

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
More Kids in Chains
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2005, 03:11:00 PM »
On 2005-09-28 11:56:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-09-21 17:45:00, Nonconformistlaw wrote:

"The mother's statements about her fear of losing her job and her husbands business were also mind boggling. Can you say....extremely selfish!!!!!!!! Just shows how out of touch these parents are, to say the least

"

This is just one of many reasons why some kids need to be removed from their Environment, sometimes the parents cant deal with it and are driven to do really stupid things, just like kids do, they react badly.  The only option for adults is prison.  Kids have intervention programs left and right, TBS etc to help them change their behavior.  Adults dont so off to prison they go"

I can't believe you're blaming this on the child. What these people did wasn't simply "stupid". It wasn't just a "bad reaction" to the kid's supposed problems. It was a criminal, abusive act.

No matter how bad kids behave, no matter what trouble they get themselves into, no child deserves this. Whether it's done within the family or as part of a "therapeutic" program (yes, hogtying and shackling children are all too common occurances in TBS's, RTC's, and similar hellholes), it's abuse and shouldn't be allowed.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
More Kids in Chains
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2005, 03:21:00 PM »

No matter how bad kids behave, no matter what trouble they get themselves into, no child deserves this. Whether it's done within the family or as part of a "therapeutic" program (yes, hogtying and shackling children are all too common occurances in TBS's, RTC's, and similar hellholes), it's abuse and shouldn't be allowed. "

I dont agree with what they have done at all,  But look how far people are driven  !!!  Kids abusing and hitting parents, parents locking up their kids or tieing them to their beds etc.  its  really out of control.  The mounting frustration on both parts need an outlet.  Parents cant be removed from their home because kids need an adult around by law, so kids are removed to SS, TBS etc. to protect them, kids are struggling, parents are struggling

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
More Kids in Chains
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2005, 05:02:00 PM »
You've got more excuses than our government right now. The parents job is to be a fucking parent and making a guilt-reducing term of 'struggling' to cover the parents ass doesnt change anything. Being tied up all day or put in a behavior modification program is horrific and making the parent out to be the victim besmirks of someone covering their ass.

If youre a shit parent, youre a shit parent. If the kid has an ACTUAL problem, treating it is better than sending them off so they're simply brainwashed into behaving good but leaving the underlying problem to fester and come back out when the emotional wounds of the "therapeutic" experience of a program scabs and flakes off.

Hell, youre coming accross in concilatory terms as if this is all just a great big time out for everyone to 'cool off'. ITS NOT. The children are in GULAGS and its anything but a time out, its constant fear, anxiety and sadness and being villified while the parents are first terrified into sending the kid off and then later made to be the 'victim' and given plenty of 'the punch' themselves.

You might as well call rape a 'warm hello'.

I believe that human beings arrive on this Earth wanting to know absolutely everything, and the best thing we can do as parents is to get out of the way -- just be there to let them know what opportunities are there
-- Dorothy Werner, media liaison for the National Homeschool Association

[ This Message was edited by: Nihilanthic on 2005-09-28 14:08 ]
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
More Kids in Chains
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2005, 07:17:00 PM »
On 2005-09-28 14:02:00, Nihilanthic wrote:

"You've got more excuses than our government right now. The parents job is to be a fucking parent and making a guilt-reducing term of 'struggling' to cover the parents ass doesnt change anything. Being tied up all day or put in a behavior modification program is horrific and making the parent out to be the victim besmirks of someone covering their ass.

If youre a shit parent, youre a shit parent. If the kid has an ACTUAL problem, treating it is better than sending them off so they're simply brainwashed into behaving good but leaving the underlying problem to fester and come back out when the emotional wounds of the "therapeutic" experience of a program scabs and flakes off.

Hell, youre coming accross in concilatory terms as if this is all just a great big time out for everyone to 'cool off'. ITS NOT. The children are in GULAGS and its anything but a time out, its constant fear, anxiety and sadness and being villified while the parents are first terrified into sending the kid off and then later made to be the 'victim' and given plenty of 'the punch' themselves.

You might as well call rape a 'warm hello'.

I believe that human beings arrive on this Earth wanting to know absolutely everything, and the best thing we can do as parents is to get out of the way -- just be there to let them know what opportunities are there

-- Dorothy Werner, media liaison for the National Homeschool Association

[ This Message was edited by: Nihilanthic on 2005-09-28 14:08 ]"

Wow how do you know all that?  You must live next door to those people, the article never stated any of that.
Households get in trouble. sometimes the parents are in trouble and sometimes its the kids or a combination.  Typically They all need help, its a family problem, sometimes family members need to be removed to work on their own issues independently, sometimes they need to seek counseling as a group or both.  But you cant just read a story and pretend to know and just blame the kid or blame the parent.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
More Kids in Chains
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2005, 03:33:00 AM »
It reminds me of what Charlott County Sheriffs Depudys did to me when I was in their custody as a minor and demanding medical attention because I was being denied my doctor perscribed medicines.