Author Topic: Another note to John Underwood  (Read 13888 times)

Offline marshall

• View Profile
Another note to John Underwood
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2005, 02:04:00 AM »
Sorry to see you go, Thom. If this were a cult, I'd tell you that without fornits you are sure to end up in  a.) hell  b.) insane  c.) prison d.) dead. Choose one or all. I appreciated your input here.

quote-----
"This stuff happened 30 years ago, for crying out loud! GET A LIFE!)"
---------

I hope reading or posting here isn't a substitute for anyone's life, but I get your point. It was a long time ago for many of us...and heck the Seed program itself is defunct. Strange that so many of us get so worked up about events so long ago. Easy to lose perspective.  A bunch of old farts arguing about stuff from our childhood. Staff sometimes trying to reprise their role as authority figures and other posters acting like angry, rebellious teens...as if this all happened last week. Take care.

Why...when I was on my program we had to walk 3 miles through the snow just to sit for 10 hours on hard metal chairs...dagnabit! :wave:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. You must climb towards the Truth. It cannot be \'stepped down\'

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2005, 09:25:00 AM »
Thom.  Sorry to see you go, but I don't blame you
you are kind of teamed up against around here.
Good Luck & best wishes.  I'll probably join you soon in your retirement from this site.

Antigen,
I can not fathom that you don't know the difference between a druggie and an addict. But then again you don't know the difference between the Seed & straight either.

I have come to believe that you really don't know what you are talking about.  I hope to God you get it someday.

I have enjoyed reconnecting with alot of folks on this site.

I will check in from time to time to see if I recognize any one else from their posts.  I've been pretty lucky so far.

¾È³ç ±×¸®°í Çà¿îÀ» º÷´Ï´Ù    (thats good bye & good luck
in Korean Mind control) really just Korean

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2005, 10:39:00 AM »
if this were a cult you'd be telling us what to think, ...wait a minute that is what you do
ah,...the sea of denial, ain't it beautiful

Offline cleveland

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2005, 10:55:00 AM »
Give me a break. A pretty good number of the posters here are very pro-Seed, many others are on the fence. Your sister may be very anti-anti, but she's about the only one who doesn't have anything positive to say about it.

Well, if you can't take the heat, then get out of the kitchen I guess. I for one will express my truth and let the chips fall where they may. I am very careful not to blame, accuse or make bald assertions. Very rarely am I challenged for this reason. The Seed has good and bad; AA has good and bad: Thom, Ginger, Walter, Ft. Laud. have good and bad; John U - good and bad. Greg alone is perfect! (Um...joking).

Come back from time to time. I enjoy your sense of humor (mostly). I think you and Ginger should try to reconcile, but I know that's not easy. Such a shame to lose family.

Walter
ally Gator

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2005, 11:52:00 AM »
On 2005-09-29 19:38:00, Thom wrote:

Totally false, Ginger.

A druggie is a person who uses (illicit) drugs.

That is NOT a condition requiring any sort of treatment, let alone a radical program like the Seed. It does not justify the strip searches, isolation from the world, group come down raps or any of the rest of it. You must know that by now you would have put my neice in a program.

I know all the people you are refering to, and have used drugs with all of them (but not in a while:). If my math is right, I'm even one of them. I was never coerced into admitting I was a druggie by anyone. I admitted it of my own free will.

Well, I never was inside your head. For all I know you really were that crazy by age 14. But I'm highly skeptical of the idea. All the rest of us have since said it was bullshit.

An addict is a person who can no longer claim to be a recreational drug user because they can't stop, or could not stop without help.

Yes, roughly 1% of people who start using addictive drugs have some difficulty quitting. That does NOT describe the vast majority of kids who were placed there, like Greg, because someone stood up in group and LIED about having gotten high w/ them at one time or another. Also, btw, this medical condition can not be diagnosed by the presense of concert posters and tshirts, new friends, an intense need for privacy, trying on new styles and entertainment or making new friends. That's how Art said you could tell your kid was carrying on a secret double life as a heroin addicted hooker. And it was a lie.

I, Thom McNulty (on behalf of myself), who used to be a druggie (used illicit drugs) a long time ago, and freely admitted it while at The Seed, do hereby revoke my (his/her) status as a member of the Fornits Cult. Further, I demand that any and all persons who publicly proclaim a given number of 'Fornits Cult Members',  henceforth reduce said number by one.

I do this of my own free will for the following reason(s): I/he/she don't wish to submit myself to the false teachings and abusive behavior of the Fornits Cult any longer.

Although I've enjoyed catching up on fond memories of my time at The Seed with a few posters here, I feel I have contributed all my experiences from The Seed.

(This stuff happened 30 years ago, for crying out loud! GET A LIFE!)

I am a truthful person, and have had enough of being accused of lying by Ginger, Greg and Anon. I have nothing I need to prove to anyone, and reading some of this crap is an annoying waste my valuable time. See ya!

( ::bangin::  ::ftard::  ::dove::  "

Just sit tight, broth. The SIBS mobile is headed your way.  :roll:

The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason.
--Benjamin Franklin, American Founding Father, author, and inventor

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2005, 12:00:00 PM »
On 2005-09-30 07:55:00, cleveland wrote:

Come back from time to time. I enjoy your sense of humor (mostly). I think you and Ginger should try to reconcile, but I know that's not easy. Such a shame to lose family.

Thanks, Walter. I appreciate the sentiment. But here's the thing; Thom and the rest of the family are still quite dangerous to me emotionally. Hell, even in practical terms.

Try settling an estate w/ people who think they can legitimately win any argument by saying "You're crazy, you're a druggie, I don't have any time to listen to your drugged out ramblings or read any old stupid letters between you and that crazy old man."

That happened just 3 years ago.

And that's just money and property! Never mind what happens if I ever have a rough time or need any kind of emotional support. No sir, thanks but no thanks! I'll stick w/ the family I've got.

A student burst into his office.  "Professor Stigler, I don't believe I deserve this F you've given me."  To which Stigler replied, "I agree, but unfortunately it is the lowest grade the University will allow me to award."
--Professor Stigler

Offline cleveland

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2005, 05:15:00 PM »
You have to make that call.

I hope that as the years pass, you will be able to talk. But if not, you've set up this forum and directly or indirectly, there's an avenue to communicate. Safer than a 'family meeting!'

Walter
ally Gator

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2005, 07:28:00 PM »
Thanks.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
--Bruce Lee

Offline rjfro22

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2005, 08:17:00 PM »
Thom,
           Thanks for sharing old memories, since discoving this forum so many things came back to me, the good and the bad, but mostly the good. It seems there are a few people that just can't handle anything good  being said about the Seed.  I know your mother and your sister Ginger made sandwiches during a period when I was there and I want to thank them for there hard work.  As a whole group the Seed did have a special power it was a spiritual experiece for me, I had a chance to be a part of something positive which I never had in life before the Seed and people really mattered to me. I wish your sister could have been there to have experienced that love, but she wasn't. she will try to compare the Seed to many other places, but they were copycats. There was only one Seed and you had to be in it to have experienced it.  And for those that feel the Seed was abusive and a brain washing prison, well that's their perception and I won't dispute that, but I would blame them and their parents for puting them in there, in case they all forgot it was a drug rehab.
Thom,  I hope you will continue to post for those of us who enjoy what you have to say...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2005, 08:44:00 PM »
"Yes, roughly 1% of people who start using addictive drugs have some difficulty quitting. That does NOT describe the vast majority of kids who were placed there, like Greg, because someone stood up in group and LIED about having gotten high w/ them at one time or another. Also, btw, this medical condition can not be diagnosed by the presense of concert posters and tshirts, new friends, an intense need for privacy, trying on new styles and entertainment or making new friends. That's how Art said you could tell your kid was carrying on a secret double life as a heroin addicted hooker. And it was a lie."

this, by antigen, is 100%, unadultered BULLSHIT.
where do you get this stuff? beginning to think maybe Thom is the sane one in your family.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2005, 10:10:00 PM »
rjfro22, what's the difference between love and rape? Thanks, my brain really never needed a good washing.

A drug is neither moral nor immoral - it's a chemical compound. The compound itself is not a menace to society until a human being treats it as if consumption bestowed a temporary license to act like an asshole.
--Frank Zappa

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2005, 08:52:00 AM »
On 2005-09-30 07:39:00, Anonymous wrote:

"if this were a cult you'd be telling us what to think, ...wait a minute that is what you do

ah,...the sea of denial, ain't it beautiful"

I guess the concept of a two-way conversation just mostly never occured to most of you seed trained thinkers...

I think the horrible concept at which you collectively  lash out at is that people here tell you want THEY think, not what you want to hear.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2005, 08:57:00 AM »
On 2005-09-30 17:44:00, Anonymous wrote:

""Yes, roughly 1% of people who start using addictive drugs have some difficulty quitting. That does NOT describe the vast majority of kids who were placed there, like Greg, because someone stood up in group and LIED about having gotten high w/ them at one time or another. Also, btw, this medical condition can not be diagnosed by the presense of concert posters and tshirts, new friends, an intense need for privacy, trying on new styles and entertainment or making new friends. That's how Art said you could tell your kid was carrying on a secret double life as a heroin addicted hooker. And it was a lie."

this, by antigen, is 100%, unadultered BULLSHIT.

where do you get this stuff? beginning to think maybe Thom is the sane one in your family.

"

No, I think that is about 100% accurate, except the last sarcastic line about "heroin addicted hooker". He didn't really say that is what the druggie was, only that it is where she was headed.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2005, 09:01:00 AM »
I wish your sister could have been there to have experienced that love, but she wasn't.

Now your wishing the seed on her?

I tell you what, I was there. I experienced the "love" and frankly I wouldn't wish that on anyone. It is the most phony contrived "love" I have ever witnessed. I have also observed the "love" that Straight and other copycats demonstrated, and there is NO difference.

Tell me, how do you stop loving someone because they leave your "group"?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2005, 09:24:00 AM »
"I guess the concept of a two-way conversation just mostly never occured to most of you seed trained thinkers"

---actually it doesnt seem to occur to most people. seed trained or not

which begs the question. how do we determine if a person is a "seed trained thinker" ?

since we all went thru it who gets to claim to not be affected by it?