Author Topic: Does posting on this forum  (Read 1108 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Does posting on this forum
« on: September 20, 2005, 03:29:00 AM »
... at night ever make you dream about program and other things from your past. I notice it does. Kinda wierd, huh?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 03:57:00 AM »
I don't waste too much of my time worry about this site at night. It's pretty stupid, I think. You people have no true concern for these kids' futures and would rather them grow up being criminals and hateful than being tough with them. All these kids are doing is rebelling--tons of kids do it. That doesn't mean they can commit these horrible acts.
I don't stay up at night thinking about any programs or the "horrific" memories from them because I wasn't a rude criminal delienquent like you. Sorry I had good parents to show me tough love and correct me when I did wrong so that my life wouldn't get so screwed up to have to be sent to an alternate facility.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 08:32:00 AM »
I like Kool-Aid.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 11:16:00 AM »
what horrible acts?

and why are you here anyways then if you hate this place so much... you sound conflicted and pretty angry... sounds like your parents might not have done suhc a great job, eh?  :wstupid:

Offline kcadams1980

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 11:45:00 AM »
On 2005-09-20 00:57:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I don't waste too much of my time worry about this site at night. It's pretty stupid, I think. You people have no true concern for these kids' futures and would rather them grow up being criminals and hateful than being tough with them. All these kids are doing is rebelling--tons of kids do it. That doesn't mean they can commit these horrible acts.

I don't stay up at night thinking about any programs or the "horrific" memories from them because I wasn't a rude criminal delienquent like you. Sorry I had good parents to show me tough love and correct me when I did wrong so that my life wouldn't get so screwed up to have to be sent to an alternate facility.

"

I wasn't a "rude criminal deliquent" either - I did do some rebelling and got into plenty of conflicts with my parents (who certainly were not "anything goes" types of parents, BTW), but I was never arrested, never flunked out of school... Hell, I was an honor student & the editor of my high school's newspaper when I got shipped off to Cross Creek (WWASP) at age 17... If you think you have to be some kind of hardened criminal to get sent to one of these programs, think again... Unfortunately for me, during a time that my parents & I were having major problems (so much so that I wanted to move out of the house), there happened to be a girl down the street who had just graduated from Cross Creek.  Her mom talked to mine, the WWASP marketers got their hooks in, and the rest is history.
elly Adams
Cross Creek Manor *Graduate* \'97-\'99
M.S.W. (pending graduation!)

Offline kcadams1980

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 11:52:00 AM »
FYI -

There were also a lot of kids sent to WWASP programs who had never done drugs, smoked cigarettes or had sex - there were girls at Cross Creek who were sent there because they had eating disorders (which the program combatted by forcing them to eat more than the rest of us, and putting them in ISO if they didn't want to eat something), or depression, or they were simply immature and/or hyperactive...
elly Adams
Cross Creek Manor *Graduate* \'97-\'99
M.S.W. (pending graduation!)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2005, 12:55:00 PM »
To kcadams1980

It's true a lot of kids end up in these places ... not because they need to be there ... but because they are unloved and unwanted.

I can not imagine how lonely these kids must be, but can understand why they would "bond" with program staff.  What else can they do?  Their own parents have abandoned them, left them to fend for themselves.  

Thanks for posting, I enjoy reading your posts very much.

:wave: