Author Topic: Some information about $tr8 of some interest  (Read 925 times)

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
Some information about $tr8 of some interest
« on: January 25, 2006, 03:38:00 PM »
...Uhh...'ey ya'll.  Scarreds' been askin' what $tr8 cost in like '80-'81 and I don't know.  I thought I might 'a' had some info though, so I broke out my files on $tr8 and found this and thought it might be of interest. This info is outta some catalogue of substance abuse programs

Dragonfly you might know more about where this info came from since it was you who originally sent it to me about a decade ago.

"*12026* STRAIGHT INC (SI)

Address unknown since 1995 edition

Founded: 1976

Staff: 200

Budget: $14,000,000.

Trained personnel, adolescent drug users and their famillies, and rehabillated drug users.
Objective is to treat drug-using adolescents through the use of an intensive highly structured, progressive theraputic process; the program takes 9 - 12 months to complete and involves the drug user as well as his/her family.  The program works to retrain adolescents in the values and rules of their culture and help them to relinquish the values of the drug sub-culture..."...(my comment: re-acculturation)..."...Seeks to effect reconstruction and revitalization of the family system.  The program features: group discussions as the primary theraputic activity; counseling for individuals, parents and siblings; including peer pressure and peer support.  Upon entering the program the child loses his/her privileges and responsibilities and must progress through the 5 program phases to regain these privileges.  The program includes living with a child more advanced in the program and attending STRAIGHT therapy sessions on a daily basis; returning to living with his/her family while continuing in the therapy program; returning to school or a job while attending therapy sessions in the evenings and on weekends; beginning withdrawal from the program by spending less time in therapy and participating in recreational activities with his/her family and friends in the program; developing more personal freedom and assisting staff members in working with other people in the program.  The program also includes an aftercare support group for individuals who have completed the program.  Staff members include professionals supervising a staff of people who have completed the program and have been trained as counselors.  Maintains advisory committee of doctors, educators, psychologists, area businessmen, and other interested individuals.

Computer Services: Mailing lists.

Publications: "Straight Talk", quarterly. Newsletter.  Contains articles on drug education.  Price: free.  Circulation: 8,000

Also publishes brochure, flyers and reprints; produces videotapes.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

dragonfly

Some information about $tr8 of some interest
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 08:24:00 AM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »