Author Topic: Why Struggling Teens is a total waste of our time.  (Read 10371 times)

Offline floridatreasure

• View Profile
Why Struggling Teens is a total waste of our time.
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2006, 10:52:00 PM »
TS, It is all so true...and I Thank You, Ginger and SO many more from the bottom of my heart...I don't think you all know Just how much you all did for me and helped me, and for my daughter, when she would read post and emails she said if felt good knowing people knew what she was going through and how she felt and that it wasn't just in her mind!!
I have been on here a few different times reading different post and wanted to post some things myself....but I have to wait  :grin: , please let me know when it goes on sale..and where it can be bought..and I would love to have an autographed copy :grin:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
issing my daughter

Offline floridatreasure

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2006, 11:17:00 PM »
Glad to know we did some good

Oh YES YES YES, You all did So much better than just Good!! You all Did GREAT and you all still are!!
If you all knew how much I talk about this site to Everyone that will listen to me  :nworthy:
issing my daughter

Offline floridatreasure

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2006, 11:20:00 PM »
Thank You..
issing my daughter

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2006, 05:02:00 AM »
Knowing you and your kid are out and happy is all the thanks we'd ever need.

Well, maybe hearing from your kid, and getting her (and your) story out to the media and the right advocatsy groups.

State approved kidnapping isn't something america should be tolerating. And yeah, Ill be in melbourne by august... I'd be all too pleased to crawl right up this camps ass or help in any way :em:
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline floridatreasure

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2006, 03:11:00 PM »
My Daughter and myself will be telling all as Soon as we are able to do so. We are still jumping through hoops ..But she is home where she belongs.

If there are any parents out there reading this and thinking about letting your child be placed in ANY type of camps PLEASE DON'T!! I wished I could explain it all now But I can't at this moment...but soon.. Just take it from a Mother that has fought Hard to get her daughter out of what was supposed to be a "good camp" ....I did not put her in there she was court ordered to be placed in there. If you love your child at all NO matter what is going on with the child PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do NOT let them go to ANY place (camps, wilderness,ect.)that has TOTAL control ...mind and/or otherwise over your child. If you think they(your child)has problems now...WELL.. when you do get them out not only will they still have the problems that they started with, but added on problems that they have developed while in there from the mind games that are played with them!! So Please even if you are at your wits end (and by the way I was NOT) just Please do NOT let anyone do more damage to your child. They are children and are easily confused, brainwashed, ect. to the point that they will say or do anything that the people that CONTROLL them tell them to just to please them & to make their(the child) lives in these places bearable!! Could you as an adult have someone 24/7 playing mind games on you...making you feel like you are nothing, trying to turn you against your loved ones..I don't think I could!! and I Am a Strong woman that is worse than a mamma lion fighting to protect her cub!!.....
 and it is OUR place as their parent to protect our children!!! I pray that if any parent is even thinking about putting their child in one of these places that they will take the time to really read all they can here on Fornits'  and the other sites that the TRUE Good people on here will guide you to. Granted there are some people on here as on any site that Don't care about the kids and they will give Bad advice, but if you read some of their other post by doing research on them you will find out they are usually what they call "Trolls"..BUT The people on here that know what they are talking about and DO care  Always call them out (and I get a tickle out of that, because I didn't know and sometimes still don't) when I first came to Fornits' I didn't know what a troll was nor did I know who truly Cared about all of the kids, but it doesn't take long to find out. And the ones that do care will extend out a Very Helping hand to guide you and encourage you to the TRUTH about these "therapeutic  camps".I wished I could put up billboards everwhere to tell ALL parents about Fornits because they tell the TRUTH and they know what they are talking about!!! When I first found out where my daughter was being sent I did search the web for information on the place, but all I found was "Their sites" and it all sounded Wonderful..Boy was I in for a SHOCK!!! It took me a long time to find Fornits..
 when you are going through such an emotional devastating time you don't really have the time nor energy to spend a lot of time on a computer. I went through pages and pages sites and sites before I found this place(Fornits) that confirmed what I already knew that I was NOT just being an over-protective Mother and also knew in my heart that this place(the camp) where her daughter was placed was not where she should be nor was it what it was supposed to be!!
I do apologize for the length of this post, I just want a parent ANY parent to realize how helpful this site is before they make a mistake that they will be carrying around in the depth of their heart forever .
When you look into your child's eyes that used to light up and be so full of life one day and then months later look into those same eyes  and see confusing, sadness, fear and hurt it is something you will NEVER forget. When the smile that used to light up a room when she smiled is now more of a smile that is just a smile because that is what she is supposed to do. When you see your child just sitting there at times staring off ,but with all most a fearful stare and you put your arms around your child and hug her and ask what is wrong ...and a tear runs down her face and your child says "They can't get me back can they? Please don't let them take me back." ....Parents PLEASE listen up these images will NEVER leave your heart or mind...and if ANYONE out there thinks that "Oh that is a kid working on a parent" then they (the parent) does NOT know their child at all!! What these kids go through is unbelievable. We would be thrown under a jail if we did it to our kids!! Please don't let your kids suffer through the mental abuse, physical abuse is bad and it carries a lot of scars,but the mental abuse carries deep in their heart and soul. Please protect your precious children ...ask the people around here on who to go to for help if your child is out of your control, BUT please don't believe the bull.... that is being put out there that "these camps " help your kids...Because they DON'T!!
Thank you all for letting me rant some.
issing my daughter

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2006, 09:53:00 PM »
FT, I'm so glad to hear she's home now! More than that, understood! I hope you never misunderestimate the value of that right there. It's everything!

And I hope you will see your way clear to tell the whole story one day soon. I suspect there are a LOT of people w/ similar stories to tell but they just don't think anyone will believe them or have any sympathy for them. The reason why I so strongly suspect it is because I know something about the people who run these programs and who hold sway in the public sector in florida, JJD and the private sector juvenile rehabs.

Here's an excellent read all about how these sadistic lunatics think and behave:

http://www.morerevealed.com/books/horror/rfhorror.jsp

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.
-- George Carlin

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline beenthere85

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2006, 07:02:00 PM »
Nihilantic:  What place did you get stuck in?  How long were you there for?  It seems to have affected you pretty severely.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2006, 02:16:00 AM »
Never been in a PROGRAM, but I was in a super watered down version of one. Didnt scar me so much as just make me wonder how fucked up it was.

Closest thing to one Ive ever been in was during one of the times some asshat misdiagnosed me (this time, bipolar) and filled me full of lithium and had me taken to a county run alternative school.

I was in 5th grade and the work I was doing was so far beneath me it was ridiculous. They had a 4 level system based on behavior there, behave better you can do more to play around at the end of the day. I once had mine busted down when my two teachers were talking about why one of them ate peanuts throughout the day for her diet... the other one was rather obese and suggested he try the same.

:wave:

And no, Id never compare the experience I had at "Bridges" (what I think that school was called) to any of these BM programs. I went there for half-days instead of regular school, it was hardly a residential type thing.

EDIT: Ive done some digging about it...
http://www.wcpss.net/Instructional/alte ... idges.html

Lookie there. Now that Im jogging my memory I was given IQ testing there (whee, 146!) and I also saw some social workers.

Nothing was wrong with me at all, so I left after a few weeks. But I do remember that it was basically really stupid, patronizing (to me) school work and the teachers would be very snappy about any perceived insult to them. I also know they did what I know know to be illegal restraints and would boast about how kids would bruise their hands beating on the door of that locking room.

It didnt have any cathartic therapy bullshit, no LGATs, no mindfuck at all... just a school with academia on the level of 'retarded' with a level system, restraints, and a locking time out room.

:roll: well, cant say I was abused, however I can say It was a total waste of time, that room scared me (Im a claustrophobe) and at the time I just sort of 'went along' with whatever was done with me because I was a 10 year old kid and I was more worried about watching cartoons and anime on FoxKids (I was into sailor moon at the time :lol: ) and playing video games, and I was glad I got to go home so early and the classwork was easy.

I was always very very well behaved (and downright passive and a bit of a whimp, which I now regret :sad:) so I never saw the bad side of that place, except when in my naiveté I told a fat teachers assistant to try the diet the teacher was taking, and I saw the the restraint and locking in that room the OTHER kids went through.[ This Message was edited by: Nihilanthic on 2006-05-15 23:59 ]
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline beenthere85

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2006, 09:14:00 PM »
If you've never been to a program, how can you possibly know what it's been like.  I was in alternative education too, but it wasn't as you explain.  I've also been to jail and there's alot less freedoms and alot more "mental abuse" there. I'm not saying I agree with the theraputic value in these so called theraputic boarding schools.  I don't at all.  But it's hard to hear where you're coming from if you've never experienced one first hand yourself.  You talk as if you were there for years and experienced first hand what it's like.  All your freedoms are stripped, but it does force you to take a look at yourself becuase there is nothing else to reflect on.  It was up to me how long I was going to stay there, so I just went with it, did what everyone expected me to do and went on with my life.  There was no physical abuse, just people taking advantage of their authority because they could.  I hated that.  I had to have the last say. I hated authority, that's why I was there.  I made some awesome friendships which is the only thing that got me through.  as I look at myself now, I did put my parents thorough a hell.  They gave me everything and I chewed them up and swallowed them up - I never appreciated what I had because I always figured I'd have it.  Little did I know, I'd get sent away and not have any of it.  It was either - six months of a theraputic boarding school or a year in jail - court ordered - parent ordered.  If you've ever spent time in jail, which I did =- four times, you'd take the school any day of the year.  Trust me.  Jail is much much worse.  I'd never go back to either.  I'm an adult now and I'm getting on with my life in the right way.  My parents didn't do wrong by me - I certainly did wrong by them.  I pretty much found every way in the book to "fuck em'"  I guess they found a way to get back at me.  My worst nightmare of my life - no abuse, no restraints, just assholes taking advantage of their authority. THe one thing I hate the most.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2006, 10:30:00 PM »
Okay beenthere85,

Which place were you in? To say such statements why don't you talk about which TBS you were at? Hell, if it was that great......throw out a recomendation!

R
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2006, 10:54:00 PM »
It's another fake; they're getting desperate.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2006, 06:52:00 AM »
On 2006-05-16 20:02:00, Three Springs Waygookin wrote:

"Also while I do find Niles to be immature at times and lacking in the pratical experiences of a survivor or a staff memember in this particular issue I can in no way fault him for the message he exspouses.

His message is simple and very concise. TBS is not effective and abusive. I fail to see how one would need to be a survivor or a former staff member to speak out a simple truth. Maybe it is just me and my own specific world point of view that the truth is still the truth no matter what the source.

So as a personal message for Niles:

1) Keep up the good work and do not ever feel the need to defend your qualifications to speak the truth.

2) No matter how much you babble you are still only a third of the man I am, but I won't hold it against you.

Power concedes nothing without a demand. The limit of oppression is determined by the extent of the endurance of the oppressed.
--Frederick Douglas

"

Thanks TSW  :wave:

Now, to the person making the rather screw-ball appeal to experience:

I think it would be very said if people only cared about or understood things they personally experienced. However, thats not the case.

I dont quite know why youre telling me what I already know and then telling me "you didnt suffer it yourself". Im on YOUR side, and Im trying to end that suffering so nobody else ever has to!

Why is it Im not able to have empathy, sympathy, or any other understanding unless I was being mindfucked myself? Isn't it a good thing that Im able to without having to have been through it myself?

I for one thing its a good thing that people who wernet personally abused are willing to speak up about it and try to stop it. You should be to - it helps lend credibility to it, an outside perspective (but with equal understanding) can be helpful with trying to explain this to people, and as an aside... why would you shoot down any help you're getting?

I dont quite get it. But the whole 'you have to EXPERIENCE it' schpiel is something a lot of programs spew incessantly to the people within them and to others when theyre playing the role of apologist, so its no surprise.