Author Topic: GOODBYE!!!  (Read 5324 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
GOODBYE!!!
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2005, 08:33:00 PM »
On 2005-09-16 16:15:00, Sophie wrote:

So if not XA... then what? What is your solution for the "junkie snatching purses or the sweet little old lady getting drugs from her doctor"? That's the part that confuses me. I get it why you don't like straight and the 12 step fellowships. What I don't get is ...what is YOUR solution?

The solution to the junkie snatching purses is real easy. Do like they do in merry ol'e England and Switzerland; make it legal. (uh, the heroin, not the purse snatching) My only dissagreement w/ their approach is that I don't think all tax payors should be compelled to provide the drugs, supplies and other expense items any more than I should be compelled to pay for stepcraft based programs. Before we tried to help the poor junkies, heroin was freely available from any corner apothacary or the Sears catalog for the same price per dose as aspirin. Whe had addicts, to be sure. Especially following our wars. But they weren't ever desperate for a fix. There was no such thing as drug crime at all. Drug crime and drug cartels and narco terror and drug gangs are all entirely a consequence of prohibition.

That might even go a long way toward helping the little old lady who's getting bad advice and/or the wrong or too many drugs from her doctor. There's a broad perception in our society that if you follow your doctor's advice, you'll be a-ok. That, of course, is rediculous. Doctors 1) are falible human beings just like the rest of us and 2) don't know a damned thing you don't tell them, except that narrow bit of data they can get from lab tests.

So then we'd be left w/ only the actual consequences of substance abuse on the individual user. From a public polic/public health standpoint, that's entirely negligable. No more public response is required exept to quit medaling in the private affairs of others.

On a personal level, XA wouldn't be so bad on an entirely voluntary basis if it's adherants would recognize that it is, indeed, a religion and has no place in public policy. Have I mentioned that my big problem w/ the stepcult is it's way of seeping into public policy?

I know this is hard to swollow, but we don't really have a huge drug problem. Addiction rates have not changed significantly in all the years since the Harrison Narcotics Act. Before that, we won WWII, finished the Panama Canal and used to produce the best thinkers, writers and entrepreneurs the world had ever seen. Usage rates go up in times of stress and down in times of peace and plenty. That seems to be the only reliable correlation.

So.. how about we eliminate DEA, ATF, area taskforces, DARE, NIDA, the Ad Council and all the rest of the ineffective drugwar apparatus, immeidately, if not sooner, cut all forms of taxes accross the board commensurate to the dime w/ those spending cuts and see if the ensuing prosperity will do it's thing and reduce desperation and, hence, the need for self medication?

The remainder of the problem will at least not be our problem and maybe those folks most susceptable to substance abuse will have less stress to medicate now that we're not actively at war with them.

In all seriousness, though, look to history. Find out what kinds of problems we actually had (or the lack thereof) before we started trying to fix this thing. I think, at the bottom of it, harmful substance use is a minor problem that has been with us always and we just have to accept it just like acne and menopause. So minor, in fact, that few, if any, of the major religions even give it ink in their holy texts.

The way we're doing it now is not helping, is very expensive, is pissing off our neighbors and our own fellow countryment. What was that thing about continuing w/ a practice despite adverse consequences?

I have found Christian dogma unintelligible. Early in life, I absenteed myself from Christian assemblies.
--Benjamin Franklin, American Founding Father and inventor

Straight, Sarasota
   10/80 - 10/82
Apostate 10/82 -
Anonymity Anonymous
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
GOODBYE!!!
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2005, 10:29:00 PM »
On 2005-09-16 10:38:00, the wet noodle wrote:

"

On 2005-09-16 09:36:00, shady grove wrote:

"
I'm going down to the schoolyard now to indoctrinate some new stepcultists. Wish me luck."

Dude...wait for me..."

Fuck!  Now I gotta go spike the NA meeting coffee urn with LSD and whiskey again......... ::hehehmm::

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
GOODBYE!!!
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2005, 10:33:00 PM »
i thought an urn was a place you kept the ashes of the dead.  Is that what NA/AA does with addicts that went back to drugs ??  Make coffee outta 'em ??  :silly:
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
GOODBYE!!!
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2005, 10:35:00 PM »
On 2005-09-16 19:33:00, starry-eyed pirate wrote:

"i thought an urn was a place you kept the ashes of the dead.  Is that what NA/AA does with addicts that went back to drugs ??  Make coffee outta 'em ??  :silly: "

Yes, they see that as the only way relapsed addicts can "give back".  It's that 12th step thing......

Offline shady grove

• View Profile
GOODBYE!!!
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2005, 08:17:00 PM »
I'm sorry anon, I don't think I'm sharp enough to understand that "dog and blood" metaphor. I'm sorry I ditched you. I didn't mean to and didn't know I did.

My explanation is that I never want to be one of those that NEVER examines themselves. That's how people get hurt, in my experience.

You have a spa?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
GOODBYE!!!
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2005, 09:44:00 PM »
i didn't say anything about a dog and blood metaphor.

and yes, i have a spa. it's upstairs from the coffee shop i own.

Offline shady grove

• View Profile
GOODBYE!!!
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2005, 11:37:00 PM »
ok

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
GOODBYE!!!
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2005, 02:03:00 AM »
"...gross. but since it is a "joke" i will let it slide. i will NOT however let slide the fact that Straight gave you O.C.D. - your post, buddy, not mine - I mean, that place motherfukkin child abused you, and you are happy to keep drinking the cool aid. it really is extraordinary, on the level of CIA extraordinary, what a good job these government sponsored thought reform camps do in long term pacification of a certain percentage of prisoners. i mean, they are motherfucking perverts, not only in the brain with all their rules about you are supposed to organize your thoughts and emotions Just So so that you psychologically self-flagellate all day, but in  the body too! motherfuckers want to stick a needle in people to see what's in that blood! i mean, you'd think I'd be used to it, with the dogs and the sniffing and all that. but i think the taking of the blood is not only creepy, it's like rape.

and, yes you are so on their side.

"

shady, here i am commenting on the disgusting dominance of the apes that have the mandate and the guns.i am saying they don't stop at sniffing the shit we leave, they get extreme orgasmic pleasure out of sticking needles into subordinated apes to satisfy their curiosity of what the ape has eated, smoked, dranked, shotted up, snorted or dissolved in the mouth. fucking perverts.

Offline the wet noodle

• View Profile
GOODBYE!!!
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2005, 03:19:00 AM »
On 2005-09-17 23:03:00, Anonymous wrote:

"
"...gross. but since it is a "joke" i will let it slide. i will NOT however let slide the fact that Straight gave you O.C.D. - your post, buddy, not mine - I mean, that place motherfukkin child abused you, and you are happy to keep drinking the cool aid. it really is extraordinary, on the level of CIA extraordinary, what a good job these government sponsored thought reform camps do in long term pacification of a certain percentage of prisoners. i mean, they are motherfucking perverts, not only in the brain with all their rules about you are supposed to organize your thoughts and emotions Just So so that you psychologically self-flagellate all day, but in  the body too! motherfuckers want to stick a needle in people to see what's in that blood! i mean, you'd think I'd be used to it, with the dogs and the sniffing and all that. but i think the taking of the blood is not only creepy, it's like rape.

and, yes you are so on their side.

"

shady, here i am commenting on the disgusting dominance of the apes that have the mandate and the guns.i am saying they don't stop at sniffing the shit we leave, they get extreme orgasmic pleasure out of sticking needles into subordinated apes to satisfy their curiosity of what the ape has eated, smoked, dranked, shotted up, snorted or dissolved in the mouth. fucking perverts."

what have you been smokin anon? :smokin:
our Anger is a Gift

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
GOODBYE!!!
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2005, 10:05:00 PM »
Drug crime and drug cartels and narco terror and drug gangs are all entirely a consequence of prohibition.

........ :idea:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
GOODBYE!!!
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2005, 12:13:00 AM »
i'LL never post here again?

Offline shady grove

• View Profile
GOODBYE!!!
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2005, 01:09:00 PM »
:tup:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
GOODBYE!!!
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2005, 08:07:00 PM »
On 2005-09-20 10:09:00, shady grove wrote:

" :tup: "

Fuck off shady grove. What you lack in smallness of size you make up for in smallness of mind.

Offline the wet noodle

• View Profile
GOODBYE!!!
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2005, 10:38:00 AM »

On 2005-09-20 17:07:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-09-20 10:09:00, shady grove wrote:

" :exclaim:  So bring it on :flame:
our Anger is a Gift

Offline Anonymous