Author Topic: Siblings  (Read 721 times)

Offline the wet noodle

• View Profile
Siblings
« on: September 13, 2005, 02:08:00 PM »
My sister was never in Str8 with me. She is much younger than me...but she did participate in the sibling group. She actually told me last night that the sibling group scared her so much about the evils of drinking that she did not take her first drink until college.

But I digress...

I was thinking about all of the folks that had siblings in group with them... All of that stuff we had to share in front of the group...all of that sexual stuff... I would never want my sister to know half of the crap that I said in group... I think that having to "confess" all of my inventory in front of my sister would have been absolutely horrible...it would have been yet another form of abuse...

Can anyone who had a sibling in group let me know how having to share this stuff has affected your relationship since Str8. Are you closer than b4 or did it drive you apart? Do you ever get together and talk about your time in hell together...or do you act like it never happened?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
our Anger is a Gift

Offline the wet noodle

• View Profile
Siblings
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 03:13:00 PM »
BTW - I have no agenda for these questions except curiousity... I think that there must be about a zillion ways that Str8 abused us that we do not even realize becuase it does not stick out in our memories as abuse because we were too young to recognize it as abuse...

I think that having to "share" horrible things in front of our siblings is an example of something that did not seem abusive at the time...but in actuality was very abusive...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
our Anger is a Gift