Author Topic: To the Survivors  (Read 1490 times)

Offline Perrigaud

• View Profile
To the Survivors
« on: September 13, 2005, 09:32:00 AM »
Hello...it's me. Haven't been here in a while. Well, to all those program survivors...It gets better once you repiece your life together again. It may take time but it is feasible. 4 years later and I am happy to report I live a normal life. It is merely a time in my past. I do not allow it to break me. I don't have nightmares. I only hope that the rest of you can find a return to normalcy. Please work hard to put this all behind you so it doesn't hinder your life now. I feel for you all. Some of us endured more difficult times than others. The conditioning is one method that is hard to break. The outside real world is so different. Good luck. :wink:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
To the Survivors
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 12:36:52 PM »
Thanks for the positive note.  I've been out for 4 years, but I'm still at the "now what?" stage.  Any tips on getting past the hurt would be appreciated.

For instance, my family resents the money they spent on WWASPS, and for being ungrateful and not appreciating it.  In return, I resent them for the way they sent me (standard lies, etc.), and the fact that they never came to see me.

Etc.

You can contact me this way: www.myspace.com/twohs

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
To the Survivors
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 09:00:07 PM »
Yeah, i've got some great advice, grow a pair and stop crying!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
To the Survivors
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 09:28:59 AM »
Personally, and this is just my opinion, but I like girls without balls. You have some wierd tastes there guest, kinky!

If you ever stop by again Perri, nice to know you are moving on. I was here way back and remember your posts before and it's a night and day difference. Welcome back to the real world, good luck with everything!

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Getting past the hurt
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 01:44:34 PM »
When I first got out........the furthest thing from my mind was going to therapy. I had over 4 years of it, and was more pissed off then ever. Had I had it to do all over again, I would of seen a therapist afterwards. Instead I had to subject my family, friends, and boyfriends to all my issues. I was a mess. I was able to get it together eventually, but I carry scars to this very day. I have to bite my tongue when I work, because when your not the boss..........well, I am sure you can understand where I am going with this one!!!!

My advice find a good shrink to open up to.
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.