Author Topic: Refugee "Cities"  (Read 2649 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Refugee "Cities"
« on: September 12, 2005, 10:09:00 AM »
i am livid about the way the refugees are being treated. i am talking about they had to get on a bus and not even know where the bus was going, and they couldn't even say they just needed a ride to a relative's house.

now i'm reading that the plan is to put up mobile home "cities" for the refugees. we cannot allow people to be treated this way. i mean, i think there is some historical precedence to the suspicion i have that such concentrated neighborhoods of people with very little money do not turn out well for any of the neighbors.

that's it. that's what they are doing. they purposely let New Orleans flood to not only kill people but send the rest of them into dependent refugee status. that way they can implement the next phase of their plan, herding people into  their camps. this is all a rehearsal, or a part of their big experiment. god damn. we gotta shut this government down. Kellogg Brown and Root getting the clean-up contract. were there any other bidders, and who selected them?

so, what we gotta do is make these "cities" unnecessary. keep taking refugees into your towns. we don't need the fucking Federal Government. that was a fucking coup and an inexcusable use of power for the Police Force (NG, local cops, etc) to guard points of entry and departure into New Orleans and prevent non-profit, unarmed rescue teams from getting in and weary refugees from getting out.

yoo hoo! wake uup!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Kool-Aid

• View Profile
Refugee "Cities"
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 10:14:00 AM »
Excuse me, but the proper term is "Americans", not "refugees".

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Refugee "Cities"
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 11:12:00 AM »
evacuees works

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Refugee "Cities"
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 01:27:00 PM »
You think the business leaders and 'elites' of the towns and cities housing evacuees want them there permanently? Nope. These people will be shuffled around until they end up in a tent city run by the feds in the middle of nowhere. Why? Because nobody wants them in their town. (unless maybe the gun manufacturers, sales have risen dramatically in the cities housing evacuees)

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
Refugee "Cities"
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 05:27:00 PM »
On 2005-09-12 07:09:00, Anonymous wrote:

"i am livid about the way the refugees are being treated. i am talking about they had to get on a bus and not even know where the bus was going, and they couldn't even say they just needed a ride to a relative's house.

now i'm reading that the plan is to put up mobile home "cities" for the refugees. we cannot allow people to be treated this way. i mean, i think there is some historical precedence to the suspicion i have that such concentrated neighborhoods of people with very little money do not turn out well for any of the neighbors.

that's it. that's what they are doing. they purposely let New Orleans flood to not only kill people but send the rest of them into dependent refugee status. that way they can implement the next phase of their plan, herding people into  their camps. this is all a rehearsal, or a part of their big experiment. god damn. we gotta shut this government down. Kellogg Brown and Root getting the clean-up contract. were there any other bidders, and who selected them?

so, what we gotta do is make these "cities" unnecessary. keep taking refugees into your towns. we don't need the fucking Federal Government. that was a fucking coup and an inexcusable use of power for the Police Force (NG, local cops, etc) to guard points of entry and departure into New Orleans and prevent non-profit, unarmed rescue teams from getting in and weary refugees from getting out.

yoo hoo! wake uup!"

Thank goodness someone else sees something wrong with this "plan of action". FEMA building trailer parks! This reeks of the urban renewal disasters from the past. Instead of herding hundreds of people in high rise or townhome projects it will be projects on wheels. How about building a safe place for the people instead of them having to be the victim of a tornado in a trailer park next. Affordable housing needs to be spread throughout communties instead of one area too.
am looking for people who survived Straight in Plymouth, Michigan. I miss a lot of people there and wonder what happened and would like to stay in touch.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Refugee "Cities"
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005, 06:07:00 PM »
On 2005-09-12 07:14:00, Kool-Aid wrote:

"Excuse me, but the proper term is "Americans", not "refugees"."

Being one does not preclude being the other.  Get over the word games and get on with really helping these people, whatever you want to call them.  The fact that W. fiddled while New Orleans drowned is sickening.  To get pissed about a word at this time is putting the cart beforew the horse.  These people need food, shelter, money, medicine, and jobs, not some ivory-tower PC know it all going into righteously indignant hysterics over what is, in the end, an issue of semantics.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Refugee "Cities"
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2005, 09:16:00 PM »
On 2005-09-13 15:07:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-09-12 07:14:00, Kool-Aid wrote:

"Excuse me, but the proper term is "Americans", not "refugees"."

Being one does not preclude being the other.  Get over the word games and get on with really helping these people, whatever you want to call them.  The fact that W. fiddled while New Orleans drowned is sickening.  To get pissed about a word at this time is putting the cart beforew the horse.  These people need food, shelter, money, medicine, and jobs, not some ivory-tower PC know it all going into righteously indignant hysterics over what is, in the end, an issue of semantics."

While the Rwanda/Burundi genocide was going on, the Clinton administration did their best to avoid calling it "genocide", because then they would have been obligated to do something. There is a lot of power in a word. It is disrespectful and ignorant to ignore the fact that the former residents of New Orleans are homeless refugees. In as much as the levee breaking destroyed the city way more than the wind and the rain, and in as much as that was caused by government sloth, classicism and racism, this is indeed a serious situation in the U.S. Of course the government wants to whitewash the whole thing. You don't have to be in an "ivory tower" to see the power of language to shape perception and thereby response.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Refugee "Cities"
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2005, 09:26:00 PM »
Frontline film on the 1994 Rwanda genocide:

http://http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/evil/etc/synopsis.html

There is a bizarre sequence in the film of U.S. bureaucrats and politicians refusing to use the word "genocide".

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Refugee "Cities"
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2005, 11:19:00 PM »
I think the government should give everyone who was displaced enough money to secure their own shelter for the next few months as well as food stamps. Our airforce and airlines should also help the displaced people go to areas where they have family or other contacts. The entire nation should be helping with this effort. If every hotel in the nation allowed four or five families to have shelter for a few months people could get back on their own feet. It really could work. Locate people where they desire to be located  and then give them a few months shelter and provisions. It really could work. Nearly a billion dollars has been raised by private donors, celebrities, churches and so forth. We really need to all do our part to help in such a situation. It really could happen to anyone, anywhere. A tornado, another hurricane, a flood, a tsunami, an earthquake. None of us are immune to disaster and we really need to have a better plan for one.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Refugee "Cities"
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2005, 11:59:00 PM »
Yup, that's pretty much what's working, too. Now, the next step that must come swiftly is to quit paying for the services government is not adept at providing, seein' as how we're finally acknowledging that it can't.

Here's freedom to him who would read;

Here's freedom to him who would write;

None ever feared that the truth should be heard,

But them that the truth would indict.

--author unknown (circa 1914)

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes