Author Topic: Further qustions for John U...  (Read 2660 times)

Offline cleveland

• View Profile
Further qustions for John U...
« on: September 09, 2005, 10:42:00 AM »
Funny, I just went back on another thread and read JU's posting directed to me, dripping with sarcasm. I guess I must have touched a nerve, John, I'm sorry. I am also glad that you have achieved your goals, and that you are living a good, productive life. I apologise for my own sarcasm, which is a weapon of weakness. My weakness is my anger in reaction to your post, where you flip my own questioning and challenging the Seed back on me - essentially to put me on trial for my Seed years, my relationship with my family, my own integrity, and my present.

Wow.

I am back on the front row, I guess! Fortunately, I am an adult at this point, and I WILL walk out those doors. At the age of 19, I was in turmoil, looking for someone to tell me, please, what to do with my life. The Seed supplied all of the answers without ambiguity, and I signed on. I won't do so now.

I won't take the bait, John.

All I am doing here is exploring my feelings, both positive and negative, about my 7 year association with now-defunct drug rehab/cult/community of choice, whatever you want to call it. I have legitimate questions about the value of that association for me, the usefulness of that model in current treatment for addiction, and the role of coercion, peer pressure and 'choice' play. I have seen family members struggle with addiction, including my own mom who required a legal and financial guardian and involuntary treatment for alcohol-induced mental and physical breakdown, so I have struggled with these issues in a way that is not merely academic.

I would love it, John, if you would address these issues: when is it OK to compel someone into treatment? What should the nature of that treatment be? And what are the limits to that treatment, if 'tough-love' or whatever is a part of it than how do you eliminate abuses?

Walter
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
ally Gator

Offline marcwordsmith

• View Profile
    • http://www.marcwordsmith.com
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 02:04:00 PM »
Beautiful questions, Walter, respectfully posed, and congrats to you for transcending sarcasm (unlike some of us--but no names will be mentioned!!!) (Such as my own name, for example . . .)

I hope John answers you; you deserve a respectful reply. He may have shuffled down the road by now though, with his tail between his legs and his denial essentially intact, though perhaps having sustained a healthy fracture or two.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 07:31:00 AM »
I think everyone should vote.  How many of you really good posters think Marc is truly the cleverest?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2005, 09:54:00 AM »
seeing wordsmith attached to his posts    which reflect legitimate thought by the skin of his teeth    are full of glaring logical and grammatical errors    has the same effect on me as a sharp object screeching across a blackboard        that's my vote

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2005, 01:05:00 PM »
On 2005-09-11 06:54:00, Anonymous wrote:

"seeing wordsmith attached to his posts    which reflect legitimate thought by the skin of his teeth    are full of glaring logical and grammatical errors    has the same effect on me as a sharp object screeching across a blackboard        that's my vote"

Anon,
Again, as with so many of the anons on this site, the content of the message is lost on you, the reader.

Here's what I vote:
I vote that you are simply another ass in a long line of anonymous asses responding as best you can (poorly) to the challenge of having to go outside your safe little seed-world to reach a level of understanding that's barely above your own sock line.

And no, you don't get the benefit of knowing whether I'm legitimately anonymous or just another one of the anonymous asses.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2005, 10:06:00 PM »
Again Anon,
The content of the message is indeed lost on you.
It asks for a vote on the quality of Marc's posts, which is what Anon responded to. You are obviously just another in a long line of barely literate, self-hating losers who cannot think or write outside of the safety of your bloated ego for fear of seeing the reality that exists in the world that extends beyond the end of your nose, a world that obviously so terrifies you that you much retreat into the security of anonymous, derogatory remarks at an obscure message board.
But, you go right ahead and keep dragging those sharp objects across the blackboard, I'm sure with the amount of bullshit plugging your ears, you'll never be in any danger of actually hearing yourself.

Offline marcwordsmith

• View Profile
    • http://www.marcwordsmith.com
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 03:50:00 AM »
I really appreciate all the special attention, Anonymouse, but for what it's worth, I'm sorry that this thread has devolved into name calling and meanness. It started out so promising, with Cleveland's careful tone and thoughtful questions. I'm sorry I had anything to do with its devolution. I will watch my own sarcasm and mean speech from now on.

And I'll shout out another little apology to John Underwood. Truly, I hope you're well, John. It was brave of you to join us here.[ This Message was edited by: marcwordsmith on 2005-09-12 00:55 ]

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2005, 09:16:00 AM »
Listen,  I am issuing a warning right now.

You are only anonymous because You are allowed to be so.

If people continue this latest trend of using their anon banner as a means of cowardly attacking others, I will revoke the priviledge and post all your handles and/or delete your anon post.

Anon posting, in the seed discussion forum, is NOT to be used to attack other posters.

Thank you.

Offline Robin Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2005, 12:55:00 AM »
On 2005-09-12 06:16:00, GregFL wrote:

"Listen,  I am issuing a warning right now.

Anon posting, in the seed discussion forum, is NOT to be used to attack other posters.

Since when??? What difference does it make Greg, if it's Anon or not?  Who really gives a s***?
There's so much slamming on this site, it has become very boring.  Kinda like the bullys flinging sand in another's face!!  There is no "exchange" going on here; it's just a pissing match!
bid you peace!

Offline JaLong

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2005, 10:30:00 PM »
Hey Greg,
I totally agree with Robin. I have been reading the posts, yet have felt there has been no real sharing here. Just smart a** comments going from one person to the other. This site was great when I was first told about it, but now I have lost interest. Just being honest!

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2005, 10:35:00 PM »
Well, then change it...post something worthwhile.  

This site is only a compilation of thoughts and posts from us...Moaning about content on a message board is just counterproductive..