Author Topic: My apology  (Read 14813 times)

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
My apology
« on: September 09, 2005, 01:05:00 AM »
i want to apologize to everyone i hurt while i was in Str8.  i'm sorry that i restrained you.  i'm sorry that i yelled at you.  i'm sorry that i laughed at you.  i'm sorry that i didn't stand up and defend you.  i'm jus' so fuckin' sorry.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My apology
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 01:20:00 AM »
I forgive you.

• View Profile
My apology
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 01:23:00 AM »
Thankyou, i am so sorry.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Fr. Cassian

• View Profile
    • http://goat.cx
My apology
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 01:31:00 AM »
There is certainly no need to apologize for any of that, Pirate. No need at all, son. You were doing the right thing; showing Tough Love to your fellow group members. Damn it! You were helping them to get straight! Now, it's time to FORGIVE YOURSELF and stop apologizing for something that you should be PROUD OF.
I am a priest of GOD!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My apology
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2005, 01:39:00 AM »
You think an apology is the thing that is called for. You find yourself responsible for the things you did. You believe that you had choices. Which is it, brainwashed child victim? Or responsible party?

• View Profile
My apology
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2005, 01:46:00 AM »
Heavy question...

Ultimately i am responsible for my actions, none the less i was brainwashed.  i was a victim who became a perpetrater.  i am sorry.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My apology
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2005, 02:03:00 AM »
Did you do your actions because you were brainwashed, or because you were a perpetrator?

• View Profile
My apology
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2005, 02:07:00 AM »
Both.

• View Profile
My apology
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2005, 02:10:00 AM »
i never intentionally hurt anyone, but i know my actions caused pain.  i guess what i'm apologizin' for is my own ignorance.  i'm sorry that i lacked understanding and so allowed myself to be used as a tool of oppression against my brothers and sisters.  i was weak.

It matters not whether i was a victim.  i want to apologize to those i hurt.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My apology
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2005, 03:38:00 AM »
Well maybe you are apologizing for something you had no control over, after all, you were brainwashed, it was as though you had Borg electrodes stuck in you, you were a brainwashed robot, you had no power over your actions.

The other possibility of course is that you were the operator, you had control over your actions, you were not just suddenly pitched into a situation where someone is telling you to wrap yourself around the leg or arm of the person you are helping to restrain. You had training, including ethical training, to be in this position. You were aware when you signed that paper, whatever that paper was, that you were entering into an institution strictly designed for the purpose of practicing thought reform on children. You were equipped with the civic law knowledge and insight into cult workings so that you exercised your legal right and requested to speak privately with a lawyer. You had the emotional fortitude to deal with the crushing blow of being in prison without trial, the fact that your parents made this happen, and maintain independence of mind in the face of mean teenagers keeping you awake til 3 a.m. That did not break you. Nor did the fact that your parents heard your helpless pleas again months later, and again chose to abandon you. The hapless circumstances following your last cop-out. This all combined was not enough to drive you to despair so deep you lost your mind and had no freedom but only insane drive to keep going day after day in hell.

Offline Withdraw

• View Profile
My apology
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2005, 04:17:00 AM »
[ This Message was edited by: Withdraw on 2005-09-22 22:59 ]

Offline the wet noodle

• View Profile
My apology
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2005, 08:26:00 AM »
I have no beef against most of my fellow prisoners...my beef is with the staff...but even then...if they have the guts to face me and apologize I would forgive them (are you reading this Scott?)...

Of course the irony is that I will never truly find peace until I forgive everyone involved unconditionally...even without an apology...the parents, the staff, the phasers...etc.

I thought I had let all of this go years ago...but this site has opend up a can of worms...which must mean that instead of letting it go I had just stuffed it all down deep inside... Maybe someday I willl truly let it all go...

Peace :exclaim:
our Anger is a Gift

Offline the wet noodle

• View Profile
My apology
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2005, 08:27:00 AM »
btw thanks for your words pirate... your are so money and you dont even know it...
our Anger is a Gift

dragonfly

My apology
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2005, 10:15:00 AM »

Offline the wet noodle

• View Profile
My apology
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2005, 10:40:00 AM »
Ira was a cool cat...I am sure that he understood...and understands (from where he is now)...where you were coming from...
our Anger is a Gift