Author Topic: My apology  (Read 15353 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
My apology
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2005, 05:17:00 PM »
Not only that, but just questioning the cult is apt to kill people.

So I guess next time I get really pissed at somebody, instead of flipping them off, I should just say "Ya' know what, you're not an addict and never were" then go home and wait for them to die.

The trouble with practical jokes is that very often they get elected.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0380768089/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>Will Rogers, American humorist, political commentator and cowboy philosopher

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My apology
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2005, 05:18:00 PM »
On 2005-09-14 14:13:00, dragonfly wrote:

"Isn't pretty much a required belief that if you are a member of that program, you believe that without meetings, you'll revert to your bad ways and eventually die from it?"

Yes, that's the dogma, but they'll deny it when you press the issue.  Idf someone stops goingf and doesn't die, go crazy, or end up in prison, they disqualify them by saying "they must not have been a real addict/alcoholic".

dragonfly

My apology
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2005, 05:19:00 PM »

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
My apology
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2005, 05:25:00 PM »
i'm standin' up all along, anon.  And i put up alot of resistence all the way along.  i am one of the strong.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline the wet noodle

• View Profile
My apology
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2005, 05:25:00 PM »
I am sorry if you think that Str8 had anything to do with AA/NA but here is a news flash...

AA/NA has NOTHING to do with Str8!!!!!!!!!

But whatever...I can see that you obviously think that just b/c Str8 forced the 12 steps down your throat...then you think that they are bad for everyone...that is a very ignorant and irresponsible point of view...that is a direct result of your resentment against Str8 for forcing the 12 steps down youir throat...

Which is the main reason why AA/NA NEVER force the steps down anyone's throat...

Antigen may be right that there are other programs out there that force people to attend AA/NA...but these ARE NOT endorsed by AA/NA...they may be endorsed by certain individual who are members of AA/NA...but these people do not speak for AA/NA My personal point of view is that anyone forced into AA/NA will never stay sober/clean.. it needs to be a voluntary thing...

AA/NA save millions of lives...they are able to do this because they do not endorse any treatment center or institution...

The main reason that they do not endorse anything is because it could create a controversy that would turn people away from AA/NA and cause addicts to die unnecessarily...

You both are a perfect example of what happens when the steps are forced on someone...it hurts everyone involved...and doesn't work...so now you have become spokesman against one of the only succesfull treatements for addiction(AA/NA)...all because of Str8...

Fuck Str8
our Anger is a Gift

Offline the wet noodle

• View Profile
My apology
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2005, 05:29:00 PM »
One more thing...notice how I am not judging you or your lifestyle...but for some reason you are judging me and my lifestyle?

What is it about me that threatens you so much?
our Anger is a Gift

dragonfly

My apology
« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2005, 05:31:00 PM »

Offline the wet noodle

• View Profile
My apology
« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2005, 05:37:00 PM »
dragon..I meant that Str8 forcing the steps down the throats of non addicts have turned them against AA/NA... i do not see the controversy with that statement...
our Anger is a Gift

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
My apology
« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2005, 05:38:00 PM »
On 2005-09-14 14:29:00, the wet noodle wrote:

"One more thing...notice how I am not judging you or your lifestyle...but for some reason you are judging me and my lifestyle?

What is it about me that threatens you so much?"

Uhm, your lifestyle? I don't even know anything about your lifestyle. And I don't think anyone's judging it. It's about what you are saying. Like, for example

What if you convince someone on this site with your anti AA/NA propoganda and they get high and end up dying? People die from addiction every day...I personally know a number of people who have died from addiction...my best friends sister was found in a van in DC with a needle in her arm...

What if you convince someone to trust the step cult and they then off themselves because they took a drink and became convinced that they were thereby doomed?

Why does critizism of the stepcult bother you so much?

Speak gently! 't is a little thing Dropp'd in the heart's deep well; The good, the joy, that it may bring Eternity shall tell.
-- G. W. Langford: Speak gently.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My apology
« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2005, 05:40:00 PM »
On 2005-09-14 14:25:00, the wet noodle wrote:

"I am sorry if you think that Str8 had anything to do with AA/NA but here is a news flash...

AA/NA has NOTHING to do with Str8!!!!!!!!!

But whatever...I can see that you obviously think that just b/c Str8 forced the 12 steps down your throat...then you think that they are bad for everyone...that is a very ignorant and irresponsible point of view...that is a direct result of your resentment against Str8 for forcing the 12 steps down youir throat...

Which is the main reason why AA/NA NEVER force the steps down anyone's throat...

Antigen may be right that there are other programs out there that force people to attend AA/NA...but these ARE NOT endorsed by AA/NA...they may be endorsed by certain individual who are members of AA/NA...but these people do not speak for AA/NA My personal point of view is that anyone forced into AA/NA will never stay sober/clean.. it needs to be a voluntary thing...

AA/NA save millions of lives...they are able to do this because they do not endorse any treatment center or institution...

The main reason that they do not endorse anything is because it could create a controversy that would turn people away from AA/NA and cause addicts to die unnecessarily...

You both are a perfect example of what happens when the steps are forced on someone...it hurts everyone involved...and doesn't work...so now you have become spokesman against one of the only succesfull treatements for addiction(AA/NA)...all because of Str8...

Fuck Str8

"

Where to start, where to start?  Your post is so filled with Stepcraft jive and doublespeak, it's hard to begin.  Drop the cult dogma and maybe we can have a real bit of discourse.

First of all, Straight had EVERYTHING to do with Stepcraft.  They just happened to be one of the more fanatical sects of the Stepcraft religion.

Secondly, it is amusing how Stepsters sideSTEP the issue of forced treatment and meetings "Oh, we don't do that".  Bullshit.  If it looks like coercion, smells like coercion, and spouts Stepcult dogma under threat of incarceration or loss of livlihood, it's coercion.  Do you really think for one second that the Stepcrafters are NOT behind forced treatment? Who do you think is behind it, liquor companies? If you're that stupid or blind to the obvious, there's really no point in arguing.  Bill W. said it, you believe it, that settles it.

AA/NA saves millions of lives?  BULLSHIT!  People may have saved their own lives, and (erroneously) crediited Stepcraft, but that's about as close as they come.  What about your book "12 Spells and 12 Superstitions" that tells would-be sponsors (read: oldcomers) to encourage people to keep using until they "hit bottom"?  How many people have died as a result of the Stepcult?  Huh? Huh?  Tell me!

"One of the only successful treatments for addiction"?  That's funny!  Their own 1989 Triennial report estimated that only 5% of people achieve long-term abstinance.  You are much better off quitting without the Stepcult.  You are even better off than that if you learn how to use drugs without harming yourself or others.

Like I said previously, you should free yourself from the vampiric clutches of Bill W. and his imps by getting high.  Smoke a joint--it won't kill you.  Remember, relapsers have more fun........ :smokin:

Offline shady grove

• View Profile
My apology
« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2005, 05:45:00 PM »
Show me one imp, just one.  WHO are these people? I want to know. Am I an imp?

dragonfly

My apology
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2005, 05:47:00 PM »

Offline the wet noodle

• View Profile
My apology
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2005, 05:48:00 PM »
Wow...are you high right now? I can see that your paranoid delusions make this conversation meaningles...If you really think that there is a conspiracy behind AA/NA...well then there is nothing more that I can say to you...we will just have to agree to disagree...

I almost forgot how paranoid that weed can make you...thanks for the reminder... :silly:
our Anger is a Gift

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
My apology
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2005, 05:49:00 PM »
Since I have no experience with drug addiction (by AA or straights definition) personally...one thing said somewhere along the line got me thinking...about the so-called "powerlessness." Here's why I actually question the "first step"----I smoke, nicotine IS AN ADDICTION....yet no one is powerless over nicotine even if the person never quits and remains addicted. I personally quit because I made a conscious decision/choice to quit many years ago (I was "smoke free" for well over 3 years...I have since resumed by choice the habit recently).

My point really is that the whole idea that saying I am powerless over something like a nicotine addiction undermines the entire concept of free will. As if I have no choice in whether or not I remain addicted??? That is silly to me. Plus, for me, if I say I'm powerless...while still smoking (still addicted)...it takes all responsibility off MY shoulders and places all blame on the substance (nicotine). Anything that relieves me of responsibility over MY personal decisions (my free will), such as the "powerlessness" idea, seems inherently suspect to me.

I'm really making an anology to express how I personally have doubts about "powerlessness." Any thoughts pro or con?
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
My apology
« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2005, 05:49:00 PM »
Well, I suppose it's a lot like the slut friend thing. If you have to ask then, yeah, probably so.

Life is like a bird, at any given moment it is droping a load. It is only a matter of time before one eventually find you.

http://fornits.com/about_us.htm' target='_new'>SysAdmin