Author Topic: SEEKING SURVIVORS FOR SURVEY  (Read 3903 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
SEEKING SURVIVORS FOR SURVEY
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2005, 12:28:00 AM »
Kat

Its not regardless of the source because its important to establish legitimacy oherwise why bother so it sounds super suspicious to me, who is this person who is asking all these questions and if im not told i would not feel comfortable ansering

aslo survey shoud be done by people who know how to actually conduct a survey and its clear this person has no clue! it can't be biased!!

you sent me an email yourself saying that doctor in Florida i think is working on one and i think that it SHOULD be left to the experts not a paranoid person with lot to hide like secret survey person
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2005, 12:34:00 AM »
On 2005-09-06 15:08:00, Anonymous wrote:

We are finding out that when therapists, and other professionals, want to help with the cause the first thing they ask for are statistics. We have none. The only way that it will ever happen is if we start one, so here we are, ready to do it.

um no therapists/researchers are the ones doing the reasearch, thats what most of them go to school for.  there are procedures they need to follow

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2005, 12:47:00 AM »
let me clarify, anon, i actually agree with all that you said up to a certain point. I do think that it can be valuable to conduct a survey- outside of a reserach insitution- to gain a better understanding the extent of the problem.  I am by no means suggesting that this is in an way reflective of surveys/studies/research conducted at the University level.  

The source is important, I take that back- but if the source is who I think it may be then it's hard for me to be impartial.  

Certainly the ANON postings lends a great deal of skepticism to surveyors credibility- shrug- perhaps that will be recognized and altered accordingly.  Certianly it doesn't help. [ This Message was edited by: katfish on 2005-09-08 21:59 ]
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2005, 03:25:00 PM »
I'm all for some kind of survey whoever you are...And I would agree that no survey would ever be legitimate if it was one sided....it will be attacked as bias if one sided, therefore discredited even if the findings are correct. I believe there is a real need to get all survivor stories out regardless of their viewpoint. But no study is worth anything unless its widely distributed, actually read and discussed as well.
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell