Author Topic: IMPEACH BUSH NOW  (Read 3416 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
IMPEACH BUSH NOW
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2005, 07:54:00 PM »
Two things I ran accross today.

July 15, 2004

This Is Kerry On Drugs

Starve a peasant, feed a terrorist

Mike Krause and Dave Kopel

For those who oppose the federal government's disastrous war on drugs, there are many things to dislike about the Bush Administration, not the least of which is its shameless?and dangerous?use of the war on terror to prop up the failed drug war and the accompanying $18 billion dollar bureaucracy. And there is no indication that four more years of a Bush presidency will offer anything but more of the same.

But anyone who thinks a vote for John Kerry means a vote for a more liberalized approach to drug policy should think again.

http://www.reason.com/hod/dk071504.shtml

Remember those multi-million dollar Super Bowl ads that came out right after Büsh's first term? The ones indicting 13yo pot smokers as terroist supporters? Did we really think these delusional zealots were going to use that money and power to keep us safe against real dangers? How could they? They're fucking delusional! They were delusional prior to that election and the next gang is likely to be even more far removed from reality than the last.

and

So yeah, I'm not going to support or condemn anyone specific for what's going on here.

And another thing to think about when we start pointing fingers is this. The government is never equipped to handle a crisis like this. There's too much bureaucracy -- initiative-stifling bureaucracy which prevents swift, effective action. I would like to hear from government employees on this. The nature of that bureaucracy is such that you have very specific guidelines to follow for even the most minute tasks. You need approval for just about everything, and the person you need approval from usually needs approval to give you the approval.

It's not as easy as say rounding up 4 of your co-workers and saying, "We've got someone at such and such an address, let's go grab her and get her out of there." Now add a destroyed or disabled command and control center to that bureaucracy and you've got a total and complete mess.

You (as a civilian) don't need "Approved" stamped on 3 different forms before you can run into your neighbor's house and pull them out. I hope this makes sense.

--Michael Barnett

That's from a former Special forces guy in the downtown business district in New Orleans, keeping his company's websites up and running. Tough mother fucker, eh?

I think this illustrates one of the more important aspects of the mess we're in; giving money and power to any government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenaged boys. I do hope that people start to come to terms w/ this in a little less rhetorical way now. Just don't expect a huge, centralized government to take care of you on an individual or collective basis; not when they're selling you the bill of goods nor when it comes due.

Till your Victory Garden right now!

Don't laugh when you leave this courtroom, thinking you have beat the system because you have looked these things up yourself. We are going to get you down the road.
Anonymity Anonymous
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline SyN

• View Profile
IMPEACH BUSH NOW
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2005, 10:08:00 PM »
Impeach the fukn bastard.  Only problem is a Nixon scenario.  Cheney will pardon him and fuk us even harder.  If he doesnt keel over first, how many pig hearts can he go through.
A word to the wise is infuriating.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
IMPEACH BUSH NOW
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2005, 12:19:00 PM »
I'll fuck ya even harder SyN :wink:

-love, NAILZ

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
IMPEACH BUSH NOW
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2005, 04:26:00 PM »
Bush identifies scapegoat

Breaking News: FEMA chief relieved of Katrina duties
---

In a faux press conference:

President Bush has just announced his official
scapegoat for the New Orleans debacle.

He apologized at how long it took to find
someone to blame.

In a related announcement the President
said he is now free to begin planning for
his next vacation.

Then he left the White House to play golf ...

***USATODAY.com Breaking News***
WASHINGTON - Federal Emergency Management Agency Director Michael Brown is being removed from his role in managing the Bush administration's Hurricane Katrina relief efforts and is returning to Washington, Homeland Security Director Michael Chertoff announced.

For more on this story, go to http://www.usatoday.com.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
IMPEACH BUSH NOW
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2005, 06:31:00 PM »
I keep hearing that Katrina was an act of God unlike 911 that was an act of terror. This maynot be the case. It is a fact that our government has been involved in weather modification for years.

http://www.pureenergysystems.com/news/2 ... index.html

Did our own government or foreign power create Katrina?  I don't know but it sure seems odd.

Have you ever heard of HARP?

http://www.wealth4freedom.com/truth/6/HAARP.htm

I don't believe a damn thing our govenment and/or the national media is throwing at us. There job is to deceive and contol us lemmings don't you think?  And weather being an act of god may not be true after all.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
IMPEACH BUSH NOW
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2005, 06:37:00 PM »
Here is some more info on Haarp.

http://www.wealth4freedom.com/science/HAARP.htm

Come on people face the music, we are being lied to. Have you ever seen this information before on your local news cast? Why??

It's very simple, deceive the masses, keep them stupid, and expand government control.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
IMPEACH BUSH NOW
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2005, 08:58:00 PM »
Many Americans are asking the President to fire Michael Brown, head of FEMA. Unfortunately, due to the red tape, firing Brown will take 6 to 8 months. For now the best that can be expected is to take responsibility of managing Katrina's damage away from the head of FEMA.

Now Brown will have more time to golf with the president. There really is a silver lining to
political moves.

---

Pres. Bush sent V.P. Cheney to New Orleans. Is that really what they need down there? Another person requiring emergency medical help?

---

Congress announced a plan to rename the Gulf of Mexico. They want to call it Persian Gulf 2 in hopes that the President would send troops there faster.

---

Big news: Pres. Bush announced a plan to put a man on Mars. It's the head of FEMA.........

---

You know the difference between FEMA and Social Security? You might actually live long enough to get benefits from Social Security.

---

Today convoys of troops and aid started to arrive along the Gulf Coast. 5 days after the hurricane. Kind of makes you miss the innocent days when Mr. Bush only sat on his ass for 7 minutes.

---

He announced he has a plan; unfortunately it's a faith-based plan that involves getting two of every animal onto a big boat.

---

Day 27 -- Bush uses 70,000 gallons of fuel to fly home to deal with the oil crisis.

---

Hurricane Katrina has been particularly hard on Pres. Bush, who was forced to end his vacation two days early. You know, if he doesn't use his vacation days, he loses them, so this has really hit him hard.

---

What is really funny:
just 3 more years of the Bush administration ... !

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
IMPEACH BUSH NOW
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2005, 08:59:00 PM »
I guess the glaciers are melting for no reason.

What evidence would the naysayers accept as proof?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
IMPEACH BUSH NOW
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2005, 11:04:00 PM »
It's getting warmer that's for sure. I just don't think it's from  man. It's from the Sun. The sun operates in cycles too as you know. There are many scientist that point to global warming as a direct result to increased solar activity from the Sun. This makes more sense to me.

That aside it is a moot point. We still will experience the effects of a warmer climate. But in time this to will change.

Offline SyN

• View Profile
IMPEACH BUSH NOW
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2005, 11:15:00 PM »
anyone see the daily show showing the guy telling cheney to fuk off.  cant spin this one.  no matter how hard they try this could start the downward spiral.

Offline SyN

• View Profile
IMPEACH BUSH NOW
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2005, 11:15:00 PM »
On 2005-09-09 09:19:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I'll fuck ya even harder SyN :wink:

-love, NAILZ"

nice try, not nailz, just a DINK in anon clothing.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
IMPEACH BUSH NOW
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2005, 11:24:00 PM »
VoteToImpeach.org

ON SATURDAY THE IMPEACHMENT MESSAGE GOES TO WASHINGTON
 JOIN RAMSEY CLARK AT THE VOLUNTEERS' TENT

Dear xxxxx,

It is nearly impossible to keep up with the surge of support and participation in the September 24 anti-war demonstration and the massive ImpeachBush contingent that will be assembling at 11:00 am at the White House's Ellipse.

We will be joining Ramsey Clark, Cindy Sheehan, Actor Jessica Lange, Congresswomen Cynthia McKinney and Maxine Waters, British parliamentarian George Galloway, survivors of Hurricane Katrina and more than 100,000 others in the most vivid repudiation of George Bush's criminal war.

Impeachment volunteers will start gathering at 10:00am at a large tent, adorned with beautiful ImpeachBush.org banners, on the grounds of the Ellipse (south side of the White House.)

We are excited to announce that Ramsey Clark will join us at the volunteers' tent on the Ellipse prior to the start of the 11:30 am rally. Ramsey Clark has been spearheading this movement.

We need hundreds of volunteers to come to the ImpeachBush.org tent so that people can pick up leaflets and other impeachment materials to be distributed during the course of the day. If you think you can join us as a volunteer, please come to the tent when you arrive at the Ellipse in the morning.

It is extremely heartening that so many people have supported this campaign. So many volunteers have taken time to make this movement grow.

Many have continued to show their support. Please make a much needed contribution now for the growing costs of this demonstration - from many thousands of signs and flyers to buses to help get people to DC. Help us fill the streets with ImpeachBush banners and placards - and people!

The calendar in the weeks ahead is full and we ask everyone to participate in some way. The impeachment movement can't do it without you:

THREE INITIATIVES FOR THE IMPEACHMENT MOVEMENT

*  September 24: Mobilize a massive contingent for the National March on Washington DC. This is a demonstration initiated by the peace movement and it is shaping up to be the largest demonstration since the beginning of the Iraq war. We will make the demand "Impeach Bush" highly visible throughout the day. The ImpeachBush movement will be assembling at the south side of the White House (an area called the Ellipse at 11:00 am). You can pick up ImpeachBush banners, placards, signs, literature, hats, and petitions. We need volunteers to help us dispatch people and materials starting in the early morning of September 24. If you can help out please send an email letting us know your availability to be an ImpeachBush.org volunteer.

*  September 26: Flood Congress with emails calling for Impeachment. ImpeachBush/VoteToImpeach.org is setting up an easy to use mechanism so that hundreds of thousands of emails can be sent by people all over the country on Monday September 26 demanding that their elected official introduce Articles of Impeachment for George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld and other high officials.

*  Take out full page newspaper ads. We have placed full page newspaper ads in the New York Times, Boston Globe, San Francisco Chronicle and in newspapers in other parts of the country. We are soliciting funds now so that the next round of newspaper ads can follow directly after the September 24 mass demonstrations and the September 26 National Lobbying Day.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
IMPEACH BUSH NOW
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2005, 08:12:00 PM »
War risk should be shared

By DENNIS ROGERS, Staff Writer

It took me until age 19 to realize I knew everything. The only thing I didn't know was how to make a living. Every job I found required an apron and a goofy paper hat. I was on a career path that offered little hope for money, fun or girls.

That was also the year the college dean became tired of me skipping classes and hanging out in the library all day. He said since I had only passed one class in three full semesters, perhaps I wasn't college material after all. Imagine that.

So I went to see the Army recruiter. He took one look at my buff 111-pound physique and said I had to pass a test before he'd talk to me. Like the dean, he assumed I was as dumb as I looked and didn't want to waste time with a loser.

His interest perked up when I aced his little soldier test. He went from "don't bother me, boy" to "look at the many opportunities the Army offers a fine young man like you."

I was, in Army lingo, a Category I. That made me prime rib in a fatback world.

In 1966, Defense Secretary Robert McNamara declared that 100,000 young men formerly barred from military service because of low scores on the same Armed Forces Qualification Test would be allowed to join the military. He said the benefits of a life in uniform should not be denied those classified as Category IV.

That's what he said. What he meant was that most Category I, II and III enlistees were able to choose training that kept them out of the really dangerous jobs, like the infantry.

The brass was running low on people to send in harm's way. Since Category IV recruits got little choice in assignments, a lot of them ended up in combat jobs the rest of us thought we were too smart to take.

We called them "cannon fodder." Today, more than 2,000 of their names are engraved on that sad wall in Washington, D.C.

Now we're in another ugly war. As with Vietnam, recruiters are having a hard time meeting quotas because fewer young folks are willing to risk their lives in a war that appears to be losing the support of the American people.

So what to do? Rather than a simple, no-deferment military draft that would spread the dangers of wartime service across the full spectrum of American life -- rich and poor, smart and slow, men and women, college kids and drop-outs -- the Pentagon is again turning to Category IV kids to fill military ranks.

The Army has announced it will allow up to 4 percent of new recruits to be from Category IV, up from the previous 2 percent. Today's Category IV includes kids who scored as low as the 16th percentile on tests the military gives to all potential recruits.

Think about that: 16th percentile. That means 84 percent of those who took the test did better than these new soldiers. So much for the argument that we can't have a military draft because borderline soldiers can't be trained to handle high-tech military gear.

If the fight to keep Americans safe from terrorism is worth the lives of any of its young people, then it is worth the lives of all of them, the best and brightest as well as kids in Category IV.

The only fair way to share a war's sacrifice is a draft. Until then, it will be a rich man's war and a poor man's fight. Again.