Author Topic: The kid who flew into the cinder block wall  (Read 6563 times)

Offline shady grove

• View Profile
The kid who flew into the cinder block wall
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2005, 07:49:00 AM »
GW was my first oldcomer when he was on 4rth. I had no idea about this wall thing until now. He was a nice guy and I wonder where he is now. I remember he had a ferret that would fuck stuffed animals while we ate dinner.

'sup wet noodle!

:wave:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline the wet noodle

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2005, 12:36:00 PM »
sup shady :wave:
our Anger is a Gift

Offline Diane B

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2005, 03:36:00 PM »
Hey guys,

THere are quite a few of you from my time in this thread. Iwas in springfield 85/86.  There was another guy who dove into the wall then Pete C. He was so sad to see he was a misbehavor who really needed a different kind of help.  he was always getting restrained he was on 1st phase forever. I was only in for 11 months before I ditched, (7.5 months on 1st phase) and I think he was on 1st the almost the entire time i was there.

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2005, 03:41:00 PM »
i remember him too. He was always rockin' back 'n' forth in his chair.  He was a cool kid though.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Diane B

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2005, 03:48:00 PM »
yea, he was always nice (well as nice as you can get in straight) to me. and I was always getting ripped a new ass! I had only drank 3 beers b4 getting dumped in that shithole.  so you can imagine how many times iwas confronted to "get honest"

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2005, 03:53:00 PM »
i have no doubt that it sucked.  i was there.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline The Breeze

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2005, 09:22:00 PM »
I got there toward the end of '86, so I must have missed the dude who headbutted the wall.  I would not have forgotten that.
I remember a 'carpet room' rap (sometime in '87) where this dude turned around and clocked this other guy right below the eye.  He must have hit a vessel because the recipient was bleeding quite a bit.  I think the 'punchee' was attempting to get the 'puncher' to sit up striaght.  Not to say that he deserved it, but he was a little sissy messing with a rather disgruntled "patient" at the time.

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2005, 09:31:00 PM »

Offline The Breeze

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2005, 09:41:00 PM »
Good deal (I read your post).  Way to dot that 5th phaser's eye.  He must have felt empowered by the staffer's remark enough to say what he did.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2005, 09:16:00 AM »
On 2005-09-01 21:38:00, starry-eyed pirate wrote:

"i remember this time at the springfield program (circa 1985)when this black kid, his initials were G.W., got up from his seat on front row and ran full speed right into the cinder block wall behind the 4th phase side.  i think he had jus' been brought back from leavin'.  It was pro'ly jus' about the most violent thing i' ever seen.  That kid jus' exploded out of his seat and flew over 2 rows of 4th phasers and into the wall.  Head first.  i mean he wasn't jus' lookin' for attention, he was really tryin' to hurt himself. i remember the blood streamin' out of his nose and down onto his shirt.  He had always been a passive kid up to that point.  Str8 pushed him over the edge.  He ended up bein' restrained on the floor between the 4th phase side and the rest of group.  He pro'ly should'a' been taken to a hospital to find out if he had suffered a concussion or broken nose but i don't think he got any real medical attention.  Fuck.(shakin' my head)

Fuck Str8.  Fuck all authority.  Peace."
:wave:  :wave:  :wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2005, 03:11:00 PM »
I know his parents still live in MD.  He was withdrawn off of 4th phase after being started over numerous times.  I was on 1st phase when he did it, just after lunch.  Brandon McNamara and someone else were on the rap stools.  I think it was Paula Profett.  As far as I know an ambulance was never called and he didn't exactly get up after bashing his head into the wall.

I think he went to some other mental health place to recover from the damage str8 caused him.  I liked GW; but like so many other kids in str8 he didn't have a problem with drugs - as if anyone there actually did.

• View Profile
Re: The kid who flew into the cinder block wall
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2009, 05:20:07 PM »
Well, I just re-red this thread.  Sad.  I found out sometime after I wrote the original post here, that Giles Weiss killed himself several years after $tr8.

I couldn't quite write about it at the time but I was the one who held him in my lap after he bounced off the wall, all half conscious and with his blood flowin everywhere.  Poor kid.  I'd been sitting on front row too, when he jumped up and flew into the wall.

Rest in peace, Brother.

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2011, 02:08:47 PM »
This is video of Giles's band Exmortis.  He's the vocalist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8OPQlf0Qll

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8OPQlf0Qll&NR=1

He was in the Springfield, VA program with me in the mid 80s

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2011, 02:58:38 PM »
Quote from: "starry-eyed pirate"
i remember this time at the springfield program (circa 1985)when this black kid, his initials were G.W., got up from his seat on front row and ran full speed right into the cinder block wall behind the 4th phase side.  i think he had jus' been brought back from leavin'.  It was pro'ly jus' about the most violent thing i' ever seen.  That kid jus' exploded out of his seat and flew over 2 rows of 4th phasers and into the wall.  Head first.  i mean he wasn't jus' lookin' for attention, he was really tryin' to hurt himself. i remember the blood streamin' out of his nose and down onto his shirt.  He had always been a passive kid up to that point.  Str8 pushed him over the edge.  He ended up bein' restrained on the floor between the 4th phase side and the rest of group.  He pro'ly should'a' been taken to a hospital to find out if he had suffered a concussion or broken nose but i don't think he got any real medical attention.  Fuck.(shakin' my head)

Fuck Str8.  Fuck all authority.  Peace.
Quote from: "starry-eyed pirate"
Well, I just re-red this thread.  Sad.  I found out sometime after I wrote the original post here, that Giles Weiss killed himself several years after $tr8.

I couldn't quite write about it at the time but I was the one who held him in my lap after he bounced off the wall, all half conscious and with his blood flowin everywhere.  Poor kid.  I'd been sitting on front row too, when he jumped up and flew into the wall.

Rest in peace, Brother.
Soooooo very sad!  :waaaa:
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Sam Kinison

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2011, 10:36:03 PM »
That was after my time,I was in St.Pete(Jurassic Period!!).Day 400 of Straight.D.H.,cousin of a 4th Phaser recently started over(highest phase at that time),finished his intake.His oldcomer,soon to be my oldcomer as well,screwed up by letting him know that being judged insane could get him an exit ticket.D.H.,started his crazy act which included losing all control of his sphincter.Unfortunately,I had to share a house with this fine specimen.This was my most unforgettable night in 17 months of brainwashing.Back in the 70s,they piled newcomers in backseats with oldcomers on each door.They put DH on my lap and he crapped right there on the way to the oldcomer's house,sitting on my leg.His antics continued all night.He got taken out the next morning.