Author Topic: hurricane victims are victims of our uncaring government  (Read 10892 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
hurricane victims are victims of our uncaring government
« Reply #105 on: September 06, 2005, 02:39:00 PM »
I lived on a farm before and know exactly what your talking about. Given time and water I could definitely survive. I am quite keen on living off the land. However this situation that I posted about would not allow me the luxury of time to farm the land.

If you think about the ramifications of an event in 10 cities and how it would unfold, it's staggering to contemplate.

First of all there would be the mass Exodus from all of the major cities affected. I'm talking a running Exodus. If you stay, you die. I mean everyone. Police and officials included.

Everything would shut down almost over night from coast to coast. The fall out from these events would prevent any rescue. You would literally be on your own. And I'm not talking 1 week like in Katrina. I'm talking for months or years. There will be no water coming. There will be no MRE's for food. There will be just a mass Exodus.

Society as we know it would implode.

All of a sudden the mountains you live in for seclusion will be sought out. You will have quite a few new people milling about your town.

I still think the safest bet in a total meltdown would be to leave the country.

I hope I'm wrong all all this.........
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 06, 2005, 03:22:00 PM »
Ok I vote we all show up a Ginger's if there is a meltdown.

Hope you have enough food on hand.

I'd say LOL but this is no laughing matter.

I can't get my head around it and I doubt our government is planning on saving all of us. So the piture I'm painting is bleak.  

I still say leaving the country is the best bet.  I would imagine you would see a mass exidous to Canada and Mexico don't you think?

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
« Reply #107 on: September 06, 2005, 03:31:00 PM »
Ginger & Anon....did you guys read my mind or something?  :wink:  I actually look forward to a life without the rat race...its just no way for humans to live.(but there are a couple things I would miss...my stereo/music, and computer/ communication)..the things ginger mentioned plus the ridiculous pressures of the rat race have left us with almost zero quality time/quality of life to really enjoy our friends and family and what life is really all about...

I wish to god people wouldnt die in the process of a huge shake up...but I really think its inevitible...

And anon I am with you...I could survive in a cave if I had to...one of the oddest benefits of being in straight that I learned that if I can survive that I can survive anything.

And anon's scenario is possible in my mind --- but imagine a combination of a few strategic terrorist attacks close in time to a couple disasters like Katrina----I think Katrina's aftermath is a very big clue as to how fragile this country really is.
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 06, 2005, 03:42:00 PM »
911 is only a few days away. I hope nothing happens but what if?

Ginger start the Barbie............

Damn what wild times we live in eh?

Now remember our own officials say when not if?  This is very fucked up don't you think?

They are saying it "IS" going to happen. This is a very probable reality.

Sick stuff my friends.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 06, 2005, 03:48:00 PM »
Nonconformistlaw I don't think you quite have a grasp on what could happen. It won't be quiet nites and all is well. It will be hoping the bad people and gangs or tribes don't find you!  You will be in danger. As will all of us. It may be time to start packing. I haven't had a gun for years but am thinking it may be prudent.

And again I hope I'm wrong but when the establishment says "When it happens", it's time to take heed.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 06, 2005, 03:59:00 PM »
On 2005-09-06 11:34:00, Antigen wrote:

I don't know about yenz, but I just LOVE me a good long power failure!

Speak for yourself---personally, I like grow lights and stereos crankin' the drug rock ("Is that Drug Rock, Man?" "Yeah!" "Well, TURN IT UP!!!!!").  Plus, it's a real bitch to shoot up by candle light.....

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #111 on: September 06, 2005, 04:19:00 PM »
On 2005-09-06 11:39:00, Anonymous wrote:

I lived on a farm before and know exactly what your talking about. Given time and water I could definitely survive. I am quite keen on living off the land. However this situation that I posted about would not allow me the luxury of time to farm the land.

Right. So maybe we ought to start tilling our Victory Gardens now?

As to the relative danger of lawless people, well we have that now, don't we? Aren't we all sitting here discussing the very real eventuality of a pissed off gang based on the other side of the planet fucking up our collective suburban daydream?

But yeah, get a gun and some practice and give some real, dedicated fore thought to when and how you'd actually use it if you had to. That's another nice thing about this area; hunting is a favorite passtime. And there are a lot of bikers. Just being armed doesn't give a bad guy any particular advantage. Whoever they might want to shove around might well be armed just as well or better or near and dear to some biker or hunter who is. SW PA would DEFINITELY be a bad place for some hapless looter to try and ply their game!

I wish, though, that my family could get along well enough to have done something w/ that land we inherited. We had about 15 acres of good hay or corn land and plenty of good hunting and seasonal forrage. I'd be surprised if my dear sister has even bothered to make sure it's mowed for the sake of the neighbors. And there's a good chance my psycho brother is up there drunk as hell and/or tweakin', so it's not a safe place to go as Dad had intended it to be. So sad.

But, wtf, there's lots of other land and the psycho brother has to kick off sometime. Maybe we will make it up there and do something worthwhile with it. Who knows?

Everybody's lost just waiting to be found. Everyone's a thought just waiting to fade.
-- Billy Corgan of The Smashing Pumpkins

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 06, 2005, 04:26:00 PM »
On 2005-09-06 09:09:00, dragonfly

Or maybe stock up on groceries"

It's much more important to stock up on drugs and ammunition.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 06, 2005, 04:45:00 PM »
You still don't get it. Life will cease as you know it. Forget about gas, forget about grocery stores, the entire USA will be running do you get it? There will be no safe place. The population will engulf the safe havens, in the country and hills.

Time will tell,

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 06, 2005, 05:00:00 PM »
Anon said-----"Nonconformistlaw I don't think you quite have a grasp on what could happen. It won't be quiet nites and all is well. It will be hoping the bad people and gangs or tribes don't find you! You will be in danger. As will all of us. It may be time to start packing. I haven't had a gun for years but am thinking it may be prudent."---------

I wasnt being very clear was I?  I was only talking about a portion of what I think will ultimately happen....and I dont think running to another country will help...I dont think the US is the only country headed for trouble. Personally, I thinks its probably going to be a more widespread upheaval.

Acutally, I have a grasp on the danger...I see it as a mixture of being on the run, laying low, hiding, and very dangerous stituations....I do think eventually the chaos and danger will pass and I dont know how long that will take...basically I think first the destruction, however it may play out, then the chaos and danger you just mentioned with more destruction in the mix - essentialy survival of the fittest at its ugliest, then NWO "restores order", then those of us who refuse to comply are still on the run and in danger, until finally something destroys (what, I dont know) the NWO, then LAST...the peace and quite I was talking about in a very different and simpler world.

But unfortunately to get that quiet peaceful life, only complete upheaval will ultimately bring it about...our world is way too screwed up in so many ways for anything less to shake things up.
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 06, 2005, 05:09:00 PM »
Anon said ---"You still don't get it. Life will cease as you know it. Forget about gas, forget about grocery stores, the entire USA will be running do you get it? There will be no safe place. The population will engulf the safe havens, in the country and hills."

One one disagreement---the entire world will one way or another be involved...if all hell breaks lose here, the US government will unleash unimaginable attacks on whoever attacks us...and then there will be no end to it...nukes dont even have to be involved for it to get out of hand very quickly. Although I dont doubt nukes will get used here and there.

Look at how much vengance the US govt. unleased on Afghanistan and Iraq over one attack 9/11? Yeah, life as we know it will be permanently altered....the only question is when....and how each of us will manage to survive it. I have every intention of surviving...I want the peace and quiet when the "smoke finally clears" damn it!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 06, 2005, 10:56:00 PM »
Just a thought to add to the mix here, how can we change this right now? how we start talking to each other and to the people of Iraq and saying we don't want this. we don't even want the relationship we have with the terrorists, and we are disliked many places, i have heard from travelers even. pass off as canadian. we have this reputation in the world because our government is up in every body's damn business and not in a good way, but in a working-for-the-world-bank kind of a way. i mean, i have a little extra access to this information, maybe, just on account of the company i keep and the whereabouts where the signs for the IMF/World Bank teach-ins. but y'all know this, too, right? this is it, people, we gotta start talking about making peace and taking responsibility. we gotta shut down the government and the war, if they won't do it themselves. that's all there is to it. our troops are sent for aid, nothing more, ever, at all. backing down. the most powerful world in the country saying "we want to make peace. we want to put our intelligence and creativity into solving hunger and taking care of millions of orphans and dealing with the HIV/AIDS tragedy that is immense right now in Africa."

an end to punishment. we can't keep treating everyone this way, locking people up, killing people, neglecting people. bring the wealthy barons to their knees. stop buying their stuff.

i am saying, maybe we have choices here, to take a new road. open up the communication. i emailed an old friend from college to connect with those people again, get some email round tables going. open up and talk to a cop this weekend. call an FBI agent and talk to them about how afraid people are becoming of the government. ask them to commit to stand by you and your community in the event the country should turn to tyranny. talk to your town about what people plan for a possible catastrophe in your area. talk to them about sending a message from your whole town to end the war. 10,000 or more people lost their lives to the hurricane. it looks clear that the levees were neglected, and the planning, money and troops that would have saved many lives were not here because of the war. we must respond to this tragedy, and deal with the poverty the hurricane revealed.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #117 on: September 07, 2005, 01:17:00 PM »
On 2005-09-06 19:56:00, Anonymous wrote:

it looks clear that the levees were neglected, and the planning, money and troops that would have saved many lives were not here because of the war. we must respond to this tragedy, and deal with the poverty the hurricane revealed.

Well, just look at who's in charge. These people are not just mean and greedy. They're dangerously unbalanced. They honestly believe it's more important to surveil our back yards and deploy ninja clad SWAT teams to keep us safe from Cannabis than to worry about those damned old failing levies.

We have the same exact problem here. Our dam systems are notoriously failing. And yet, rather than dedicate the funding to fix them, we're instituting an area drug taskforce on the same fucked up model that's blown up in Texas in recent years. Never mind even kicking down big bags of cash from on high, either. We could generate plenty of funding if we were to do what they're doing in NOLA now; suspend all the stupid, protectionist laws and regulations that have chased away the commerce and economic health that a free market would use to maintain that needed infrastructure.

I think this storm has revealed for us a lot more than just the seedy side of NOLA's economy. Hopefully, the media will not go back to sleep, but will pursue these important issues till the crazy bastards either give up and go into hiding or are confined to rubber rooms where they belong.

The graduate with a Science degree asks, "Why does it work?"
The graduate with an Engineering degree asks, "How does it work?"
The graduate with an Accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost?"
The graduate with a Liberal Arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that?"
--Anonymous

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile

Offline Anonymous