Author Topic: Wisdom Ranch School  (Read 12705 times)

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
Wisdom Ranch School
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2005, 05:38:00 PM »
TSW said----"I stand by the belief today that not all programs are evil. Evil programs do exsist, and it is up to the parents to investigate these places throughly."

Overlord said-----"While I agree with what TSW says a lot of the time. This is where TSW and I clash. I believe a "Fruit of a poisoned tree" theory. Let me explain here. I think that the first of these Teen Help Programs were faulty, and I believe that all derivatives have been fucked up. We start with Syanon, moves up the tree to seed and straight, then we have WWASP CEDU, and from these groups we have break off small more independent schools and organizations. I think that the only thing that could make me think the industry was ok was if a new, progressively radical, type of program was started; Something that does not have its base in the abusive programs."---------
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Actually, I agree with both TSW that not all programs are evil and Overlord?s fruit of the poisonous tree theory. Here?s why.....because although ?horrid programs are widespread and are  dominating the ?industry? right now....I would image that small decent programs must exist somewhere.....In my mind there are exceptions to every rule...but I do think good programs are nearly impossible to find if they do exist. A progressive, radical, different type of program that throws all the ideas from the current models out is an absolute necessity. Funny how you mentioned this because I?ve been brainstorming on this very topic for years...most of which starts with a mentoring approach as its foundation....they must be small programs to prevent ?bad ideas? getting in the mix, and build from there. Its tough to explain this...maybe I?ll try to explain my thinking at another time....but anyway...I really think you are both right, not one of you or another. Hope I?m making sense.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
Wisdom Ranch School
« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2005, 07:50:00 PM »
Mentoring is a very good idea, and I support that completely. While I have never been "mentored" as in the idea of having some one assigned to me, I have been mentored by many people that I learned alot from. I think every one should have some one they look up to.
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
Wisdom Ranch School
« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2005, 08:02:00 PM »
Right, and I would bet so-called "troubled teens" frequently dont have decent roll models(crappy parents) or missing role models (single parent)one parent "checked out" or is otherwised not involved with the child, or decent parents but to much conflict exists so those kids are not interested in "looking up" to even the best of parnets...

There more to it than this but when I mentored...I was so surpised how much kids enjoyed "positive" attention that was fun, so they were much more willing to listen, because it was talking like normal people, not another lecture from a parent...again a lot to this idea too....
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Wisdom Ranch School
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2005, 08:10:00 PM »
Overlord, I think we should make up some flyers saying something to the effect "If you see a kid out of school during [such and such hours], say hi, be friendly, engage them, they're not dangerous unless threatened". Then we go out and take down all those truancy hotline flyers and replace them w/ ours.

so long as the universe had a beginning, we could suppose it had a creator. But if the universe is completely self-contained, having no boundary or edge, it would neither be created nor destroyed it would simply be. What place, then, for a creator?
--stephen Hawking, English scientist

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
Wisdom Ranch School
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2005, 09:09:00 PM »
It would certanly take away the idea that all kids skipping school have a gun and smokes pot. I have never seen the truancy filers though. I think it would be a great idea overall.

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
Wisdom Ranch School
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2005, 09:33:00 PM »
Ginger said ----"If you see a kid out of school during [such and such hours], say hi, be friendly, engage them, they're not dangerous unless threatened". -----------

You know, thats exactly what kids like that need....just to be treated decently instead of being misjudged and condemned all the time....It really says something about how bad kids are treated by families and society that when someone does exactly that, just says hi, is friendly and engages them, kids either dont know how to react(stunned by it) or are they are enthusiastic, or simply reciprocate...god why cant people see what you just said Ginger????

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
Wisdom Ranch School
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2005, 09:52:00 PM »
Why don't people do what she says?

Well she is Ginger! the Creator of Fornits!!! We know she is pure evil and the enemy of every kids that needs to be helped out of deadorinjail. She is the devil! why would we, the professionals, listen to the likes of her?

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  [ This Message was edited by: OverLordd on 2005-09-10 18:54 ]

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.