Author Topic: Social Security Disability  (Read 1048 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Social Security Disability
« on: August 30, 2005, 10:03:00 PM »
I think a friend of mine who was in Straight should apply for SSDI. But their paranoid of the government, and if they apply, they think government know all about they're personal business. They are afraid of being blacklisted and taken to a prison camp, which the government is working on as we speak. Well they already took away a lot of Middle Eastern-looking people so this is not as far-fetched as you might think. It also makes my freind anxious like all day to think about the government reading about theyre personal mental problems things. They also afraid that the government lock them up and force them to take medications. I would be paranoid too, but does someone have some real experience or inside knowledge on this subject? Post anonymously nobody needs to know you're business!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 10:29:00 PM »
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/pages/camps.html

This is just one of many sites. Is it true? I don't know, but it makes one think.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 10:32:00 PM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 10:50:00 PM »
I'm paranoid of the government to.  I think all of your friends concerns are valid.  Hell if I learned anything from straight it's that if they want you they'll come and get you and haul you off to some scret prison without due process.  Anybody who has experienced that is entitled to their paranoia. When it comes right down to it your civil rights are expendable.

Collecting S.S.D should be a last resort. I know because I collect it. They don't give me enough to really live on so I have to work illegally and for cash only. I have to keep the fact that I work(about 10-15hrs/week) a secret from the S.S.A. and yet not let on to any of my neighbors that I'm on S.S.D. It can get a little tricky at times.

I think the government is into spying on it's citizens anyway so i don't think your friend is really giving much away by applying for it. The thing is though he/she could lose credibilty if they ever had to testify in court about anything; custody of kids, etc. I think if your friend is really in trouble and has no other option then he/she should take whatever help is available.  "It aint a benefit unless you use it". Considering how the government looked the other way while we were incarcerated without due process I think it's the least they can do to help him/her out now.

Does your friend know about this forum? Maybe it would help him/her out to see some of the discussions that take place around here.

Also I want to say it is admirable of you to be so concerned. The world would be a much better place if people would concentrate on feeding each other instead of just feeding themselves.

Best of luck to you and your friend.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2005, 10:54:00 PM »
On 2005-08-30 19:03:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I think a friend of mine who was in Straight should apply for SSDI. But their paranoid of the government, and if they apply, they think government know all about they're personal business. They are afraid of being blacklisted and taken to a prison camp, which the government is working on as we speak. Well they already took away a lot of Middle Eastern-looking people so this is not as far-fetched as you might think. It also makes my freind anxious like all day to think about the government reading about theyre personal mental problems things. They also afraid that the government lock them up and force them to take medications. I would be paranoid too, but does someone have some real experience or inside knowledge on this subject? Post anonymously nobody needs to know you're business!"

Okay, I am sure I have talked to your "friend" before and I stand by my advice. I have seen very few people on SSI for mental illnes get locked away. In fact it was 3 out of at least a hundred. The reason why they were sent away against their will (ranging a few days to 2 weeks) was because they became violent and someone petitioned the court to commit them involuntarily.

Besides your yearly certification you will not have to deal with much else unless you choose to. Meaning if you want to seek therapy or whatever taht is your choice. My advice is to stay out of the community mental health system. Those are the people that will be in your buisness, not the paper shufflers at the social security office. If anything they will do their damnest to deny you any benefits rather tahn admit you are disabled. My inlaw happens to work for them and if you would like me to ask her some specific questions just send me a PM or email. I think you know who I am.  :smile:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2005, 11:09:00 PM »
On 2005-08-30 19:29:00, Anonymous wrote:

"http://www.abovetopsecret.com/pages/camps.html

This is just one of many sites. Is it true? I don't know, but it makes one think.

"

I believe it. America is in serious trouble. 1984 is here now.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2005, 03:09:00 PM »
HAHA guess we all need meds

Offline taureana

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2005, 02:51:00 PM »
I work for a lawfirm and I handle all of our Social Security cases.  I have many, many people that have various types of mental illnesses and are drawing disability checks based on that as well as other conditions.  I have never heard of the government taking anyone away who collect disability based on the records the Social Security office obtained in order to make their decision to grant benefits.

I would strongly suggest, however that you do get an attorney to help you with your disability claim.  The Social Security has a backlog so extensive right now that it is taking almost 2 years from the date of application until you are in front of the judge to determine your need for disability.  

If you become homeless, your case can be pushed up ahead of time.  If you attempt suicide, that is supposed to put a "rush" on your case as well, but I have two clients who have literally attempted suicide, and their cases have not been rushed, even after several letters to the judge to get it bumped up the line.

You are allowed to earn wages after you begin receiving benefits, but there is a cap on what your monthly earnings can be.  I am not sure what amount that is, I know that your monthly earnings cannot exceed the amount of your monthly benefits, but if you call your local Social Security office, they can inform you of that.  You just can have "gainful" employment.

I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2005, 06:13:00 PM »
what is odd about this issue is that in the last years of Kids Miller Newton stayed in business, in part, by routinely applying for ssdi for his patients/victims and then having the checks turned over to the program.  One patient, after her escape knew nothing about it and when she applied for a drivers license had to convince them that she was ok because based on the records she looked like a candidate for permanent first phase.  Sje never knew she was on it.