Author Topic: "Take over the world raps" ??  (Read 2194 times)

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
"Take over the world raps" ??
« on: August 29, 2005, 04:42:00 PM »
i was in str8, but i heard that in the seed that there were "take over the world" raps.  Does anyone remember these raps ?? What were they like ??  i am curious.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 05:15:00 PM »
I remember a lot of talk like that at open meetings and at home. Dunno what went on in group. But I also remember a rap like that in Straight, Sarasota. "Won't it be wonderful when our kids are teenagers and we won't have to send them to the program cause all of America will be the program." I had a very hard time pulling a face for that one! Don't remember if I got called on or not.

He who laughs lasts
--Crazy Mac

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2005, 11:16:00 AM »
I remember them well

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005, 01:45:00 PM »
GregFL, i'm not exactly sure how to phrase my question but i am curious as to what the angle of these raps were.  Was it like: let's make the whole world into the Seed or what ?? thanx.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline FueLaw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2005, 10:22:00 PM »
Back in 1973-1974 Art Barker and the staff at the Seed were spewing a bunch of bs about how the Seed was going to save the world. There were going be Seeds everywhere. We were the lucky ones because we were getting in at the ground level. There would be rap sessions about how the Seed was going to save the world and that we would be a part of it because we had "awareness" and the rest of the outside world didn't have a clue.

This was all part of the indoctrination process of the cult.

Looking back on it now Art Barker might have been able to save the world if cloning were around then. All he had to do was clone John Underwood , about 3,000 times , and ship him to all corners of the country and the world be enlightened and then saved. You must keep in mind that Underwood got it , while most didn't, and he and he alone could have saved the world. We just needed more of him.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2005, 10:38:00 PM »
These raps were based on the premise that Art was the savior of the american youth, kind of a modern day messiah but not religious. He thought that he and only he was here to save the american youth and that the seed would be this huge empire.  This was during the time I was there, later he modified to only running his small cult, but once upon a time, the plans were grandiose indeed.  I have bumped an old thread of quotes from art barker and suggest you peruse them for an idea of who we were dealing with. Here is a statement from Art, after he already had Ft Lauderdale and Miami up and running...

"I don't mean to just stop with a Seed in Pinellas. That might be the community which would be the right place for another dream I have. I can see a university type of complex with young people trained there who have come from all over the country to take the program back to their own communities. After Pinellas, we'll be getting a Seed going in Jacksonville. Then there will be no Flordia area uncovered....I see Seeds all over the country"

Art Barker