Author Topic: Positive Impact  (Read 1045 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Positive Impact
« on: August 09, 2005, 11:45:00 PM »
I went to Positive Impact for almost 17 months and left the program in December of 2003. I loved the program and would recomend it to all. The people who have written bad stuff regarding the program just didn't put in any work to get something positive about. It is obviuse none of you are living your truth, that is if you even worked to get one. I also heard it got shut down and am very saddened. I had plans to go back and vist last month, but apon hearing this news I decided to postpone. As far as cockroaches go, they are everywhere in mexico. If you go there for vacation you will find them. The staff or residents did not put them in the beds or bathrooms. It would be like moths or spiders in your house. They are just there. I am not going to deny the milk was sometimes rotten, but it was always trown away and replaced with good milk. During the times I was there, I never noticed anyone having to go days without using the bathroom. Sure the septic tank would sometimes fill up, but it would be drained as soon as it was noticed. It also happened very rarley. The water only went out once, for a few days because the town was fixing plumbing underneath their streets. It had nothing to do with the program and my entire stay we had bottled water to drink from. The students who slept outside of vida house did it because they did something they weren't supposed to do such as running away from the program, which if one is under the age of 18 is not allowed. It is true that every once in a while there were snakes found, but they were always taken care of in a profeesional manner. The people sleeping out side were watched very carefully by the staff. Positive Impacts first priority was "health, saftey, welfare. That came before anything else. It was such a help to me in my life, that there are times I wish I was still there. It sounds like I am someone who became hooked on the program and am not independent on my own, but rather it is different. I had a family away from home there. People who would underdtand me at all times and when I had rough periods they would help me get through them. I met friends who can never be replaced. My times at positive impact will never be forgotten. I am greatful for the program and greatful to all the people who helped me along the way. For those of you who are wondering what my truth is; I say to the top of my lungs and from my heart: I AM POWERFUL. Thanks to all for listening. My name is Brandon and I can be reached at [email protected]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
Positive Impact
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 08:39:00 AM »
Good for you!  I really hope (for your sake) that isn't PTSD talking.  We need differing opinions to ever make progress.  You will not be censored here!
egan Flynn
RN
Survivor- Provo Canyon School

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Positive Impact
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 04:13:00 AM »
I would Love to hear from other kids who attended PI.  Leave a messsage telling me when you were there and how you have been since you left.  thank you

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Positive Impact
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 06:27:00 AM »
LETS SEE- SEPTIC TANK OVERFLOW; KIDS PUNISHED BY
MAKING THEM SLEEP OUTSIDE; SNAKES; COCKROACHES;
SPOILED MILK - SOUNDS WONDERFUL...

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
Positive Impact
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 08:16:00 AM »
Their Logistics sucked, thats about it, now the sleeping out side thing also sucks because well, its just wrong. But some one needs to be fired from that place because thats just not how you run a good business.
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Positive Impact
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 03:15:00 PM »
It doesnt asnswer how you are doing.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Positive Impact
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 02:02:00 AM »
"I loved it" "family away from home" "I AM POWERFUL".

Did they do seminars or workshops?

The Mann family was only one of a host of influential voices being raised against the traditional reading instructions in the most literate nation on earth.
http://www.johntaylorgatto.com/chapters/3n.htm' target='_new'>John Taylor Gatto

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Positive Impact
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2005, 02:50:00 AM »
They do workshops and they change lives if one works hard in them.