Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Vision Quest

VQ information and their website

(1/2) > >>

Dr Gerald Davidson:
http://www.vq.com/alumni_home.htm

LOL, they also have an employment section for all wround jobs available in the U.S.

Browse through their site, I did. I am actually thinking of calling them up and asking if they also provide a splitee section for all the sucessful splitees like myself.

Dr Gerald Davidson:
352 Marshallton-Thorndale Road
Downingtown, PA 19335
(610) 486-2280

I just called VQ and asked them if they still punch students in their faces if the student trues to run away. The staff member on the phone wanted to know who i was , and I told him I was a sucessful splitee.
He then started to get angry with me becuase I wouldnt tell him my name and I asked him again if the practice of punching students in the face is still used.
He then hung up the phone.
LOL :lol:

The Elan Reporter:

--- Quote ---On 2005-08-26 13:59:00, Dr Gerald Davidson wrote:

"http://www.vq.com/alumni_home.htm

LOL, they also have an employment section for all wround jobs available in the U.S.

Browse through their site, I did. I am actually thinking of calling them up and asking if they also provide a splitee section for all the sucessful splitees like myself.
"

--- End quote ---

Please do check out VQ's website, everything is mostly a lie. They really know how to sell their services and make it seeem believeable to gulable parents.

Ursus:
Here's an Abstract from the National Criminal Justice Reference Service. It's pretty old (1979); I'm not sure the full-length doc is readily available.

-------------- • -------------- • --------------

NCJ Number     62694
Title:    WAGON TRAIN FOR TROUBLED KIDS
Author(s):    P PROCTOR

Corporate Author(s):    St Louis Cty
United States

Sponsoring Agency:    St Louis Cty
MO

Publication Date:    1979
Pages:    3
Origin:    United States
Language:    English

Annotation:    A PROGRAM FOR JUVENILE DELINQUENTS IS DISCUSSED IN WHICH RESPONSIBILITY IS LEARNED THROUGH WILDERNESS LIVING ABOARD A WAGON TRAIN.

Abstract:    TUCSON-BASED VISION QUEST (VQ) CONTRACTS WITH ARIZONA, NEW MEXICO, AND COLORADO TO PROVIDE AN ALTERNATIVE FOR REFORM SCHOOL FOR DELINQUENT TEENAGERS. RACIALLY MIXED TEENAGERS, 12-18, ARRESTED FOR CRIMES INCLUDING PROSTITUTION AND BURGLARY, WHO CONTINUE TO BE INCORRIGIBLE IN INSTITUTIONS, ARE PLACED BY VQ IN SMALL GROUP HOMES IN THE COMMUNITY, OR ON RANCHES. THERAPY INCLUDES COUNSELING WITH THEIR OWN FAMILIES, AND OUTDOOR VENTURES, INCLUDING A WAGON TRAIN TRIP FOR SOME. THE FOUNDER OF VQ CLAIMS THAT WILDERNESS TRIALS GIVE ADOLESCENTS A CONFIDENCE- AND RESPONSIBILITY-BUILDING RITE-OF-PASSAGE INTO ADULTHOOD. FIFTY PERCENT OF THOSE GOING THROUGH VQ PROGRAMS DO NOT REOFFEND, AS OPPOSED TO 20 PERCENT OF THOSE INSTITUTIONALIZED. DAILY TESTS OF STRENGTH AND ENDURANCE ARE PROVIDED ON THE WAGON TRAIN. TEENAGERS SLEEP IN TEEPEES, RISE AT 5:30 A.M. TO CARE FOR ANIMALS AND WAGONS, AND TO BEGIN THE DAY'S JOURNEY OF 25 MILES. COUNSELORS ARE EX-POLICE AND ATHLETES. TOWNS ON THE WAGON TRAIN'S JOURNEY ARE USUALLY VERY FRIENDLY. ONE JUVENILE COURT JUDGE CLAIMS THAT THE SIMPLE, NECESSARY TASKS IN WILDERNESS LIVING AND CARING FOR ANIMALS INSTILL AN UNSHAKABLE SENSE OF RESPONSIBILITY. IN ADDITION, COUNSELORS ENCOURAGE THE TEENAGERS TO TALK ABOUT THEIR ANGER AND PROBLEMS, OFFERING THEM EMOTIONAL SUPPORT.

Index Term(s):    Alternatives to institutionalization; Arizona; Colorado; Community based corrections (juv); Juvenile correctional facilities; Juvenile delinquency prevention; New Mexico; Supervised liberty; Wilderness programs; Youth camping programs

To cite this abstract, use the following link:
http://www.ncjrs.gov/app/publications/a ... x?ID=62694

The Elan Reporter:
I heard from a little birdie that some old VQ staff had a unpleasant run in with a certain some bodies at a certain time. Are you a former or worse yet current VQ staff?? You should repent and apologize to your victums. You never know when a nightmare can turn into reality!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version