Author Topic: looking for friends..rebekah home 8/84-8/85  (Read 2538 times)

Offline njoynit

• View Profile
    • http://photos.yahoo.com/njoynit03
looking for friends..rebekah home 8/84-8/85
« on: August 12, 2005, 01:43:00 PM »
I was Hope Lynn Wilson from Tn.But was haveing one of them "rebellous moments" so I went by Lynn.(to spite my mom) I arrived in August.I remember my 1st room captian was Fudge.& she left a few months before my "new time" was up.(I later recieved a graduation invite from her a few years later)I also played vollyball(when not farm tanning).I was hopeing somebody had heard from Laura Roberts or how to contact her.We were friends there&she was also FROM CC. When I later went to Bethesda home in Miss(stright from Rebekah)she eventually ended up there also.Its been since I lived at home since have talked with her.Alot of my friends there I don't rember their name...or just their 1st name.I read Tammy wolfs name& it sounds familar. I roomed with a girl named kim.we called her spider cause she had a tatto& Julie(the hairspray queen).And a friend rebecca (Teharina?I'd never be able to spell it right.I never did before either,she was from san antonio Tx)I heard from her before she got married.she moved to El Salvador.she called before leaveing cause said would not be returning to the states. I have to say I had a great education from Rebekah& it helped me later to at least get -by my last year of school.
I have to say the Bethsda home is LOTS more stricter....but better sceanery.I was "punished" lots here for refuseing to write my mother...or talk to her on the phone.(i'd 'accept' the call.say hi& then bye then hang up.)my last 2 months I did "act' like everyone else in my room& did get to go on tour with choir Wrote nice letters to my mom that the girls in the room would write& I'd copy& laura would couch me on phone beside me.I HATEd softball cause the skeeters were so bad...(yeah....middle of NOWHERE...no one to BITE!...they make up for it!)

I don't go to church much now,but still believe in God.I like lots better haveing a CHOICE,than haveing the CHOICE made for me.And folks look at me strange when I eat grapefruit....I still peel& don't eat just one& I have a good idea why I love only PINK grapefruit.

AND WHO knows how to make those no bake chocolate things that was likely carab.I still have not found a recipe that tastes like um.

I got a spider plant that I grew there....and still have the same plant going.(from a baby off it of course)

Hope Wilson(Frasier)
http://photos.yahoo.com/njoynit03
http://community.webshots.com/user/njoynit03
http://community.webshots.com/user/njoynit

My friends call me Joy
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 02:41:00 PM »
I still love pink grapefruit. Sweet...
I got real sick one time though and they made me drink it out of a big pickle jar. I drank it till it came out of my ears. But I still like a good grapefruit every now and then. Use to at the home when I cooked if we ate chocolet it was only made from coco and that prue cane sugar.
Roloff use to grow sugar cane.
For salt it was always sea salt (green)
did anyone ever eat ay hot peppers there?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 01:36:00 PM »
hey Joy, I'm trying to place you.  are you sure those are the right dates?  I was there 12/84 to 12/85.  My name is Yvette

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 02:02:00 PM »
My name is Nicol Prophet, I came to Bethesda in January of 1985 and I think I remember you.  Didn't you wear glasses?  I remember Laura Roberts well and our Bethesda group has always wondererd what happened to her.  In my Bellingrath Gardens picture I think you are standing right behind Laura.  Please reply if you remember me.  Laura Hines was my helper.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2005, 12:09:00 PM »
please go to the yahoo groups and look up roloff.laura is in there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2005, 12:44:00 PM »
Yeah, but which one?  There are several Roloff groups.  I am member of Roloffhomes.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2005, 01:12:00 PM »
My name in Bethesda was Cheryl Wright. iremember when you came to Bethesda. For a few days you were in my room. You had brought a granny square quiltfrom rebekah that you were still working on. iremember you gettting in trouble alot...My email addy os [email protected] if you'd like to write

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2005, 08:00:00 AM »
HOPE!!
i WAS Kelly Kenney from florida in the Bethesda  Home;  I remeber you well , i think we were roomates at  one point ... you  even taught me about bras  LOL !!
 I am Kelee Ray  now email  me if you want  
 [email protected]
:smile:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2005, 08:31:00 AM »
Hey Kell!!!!!!!  It's Nicol!!