Author Topic: Girls school possibly siena acadmey  (Read 1586 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Girls school possibly siena acadmey
« on: August 26, 2005, 05:04:00 AM »
Does anyone know anything about a girls theraputic program owned by John Anderson.  It is possibly called Siena Acadmey and it might be in Arizona.  John had a program in Mexico called Positive Impact.  Also anything about Lou Vaughn who helped run the program.  Or anything about Carol rosenberg.  Any information would be great.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 10:09:00 AM »
Positive Impact is a known abusive facility.  There's tons of information on this site about it.

I would suggest "googling" the names you want info about.  You'll most likely get a hit or two, or more...
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 09:39:00 PM »
I have tried googleing for hours and can't find anything with a lead. If you find something send it my way.  thanks

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2005, 02:44:00 AM »
On 2005-08-26 07:09:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Positive Impact is a known abusive facility.  There's tons of information on this site about it.

I would suggest "googling" the names you want info about.  You'll most likely get a hit or two, or more..."

Have you ever been to Positive Impct to say it is abusive or are you saying that because you have heard it from others.  I went there and it wasnt abusive,  It was really a place none of you would ever understand unless you have visited.  teh people saying bad stuff about it that were there probably didnt put much work into anything and are nothing but losers now in life. It was a great school and I would apprecitae you knowing teh facts and not opinions before you bash it.  Thank you

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2005, 05:02:00 AM »
Just checking to be sure this is not being confused with High Impact, a Mexico program known to be one of the most abusive. Children were locked up in dog cages at that facility.

I found this on Struggling Teens website: http://www.strugglingteens.com/news/pos ... 50225.html

Positive Impact Closes:

February 25, 2005

Dear Positive Impact Parents,

Over the last six years, Positive Impact has provided one of the most unique and creative therapeutic programs for adolescent boys and their families. PI has served nearly 500 young men. We have seen so many of these families grow together and overcome overwhelming obstacles creating long-term change. Many of these young men and families remain in contact today and share their continued growth with us. We are proud of them and feel honored to be a part of their journey.

While Positive Impact's therapeutic program continues to thrive, the business in Mexico itself has suffered some devastating blows. Beginning with the fears of traveling and living abroad in a post 9/11 world; continued warnings from the US State Department against Americans traveling in Mexico; the recruiting and maintaining of qualified professional staff and the recent closing of multiple American-based programs throughout Mexico since September 2004. All these factors and more have lead to major difficulties in effectively marketing our American-based clinical program in Mexico.

We have made every possible effort to continue our outstanding work with families and young men. These efforts included the downsizing of the number of beds and the consolidation of milieus in November 2004. However, despite these efforts and our "never give up" attitude, the time has come that we can no longer provide services at the level we have in the past.

We are setting a closing date for no later than March 11, 2005. It is our belief that this will allow for enough time for transition and planning for those residents who need to be placed into other treatment facilities. We encourage you to contact your educational consultant to assist with this planning. PI staff will also be available to assist with this transition through consultation and recommendations for you and your educational consultant.

Please know that we understand the great hardship that this closing causes everyone involved, including residents, families and staff. Please accept our heartfelt apologies. We have exhausted every creative solution and business decision to prevent this from happening. We are greatly saddened by this event.

Additionally, we will be canceling the March Family Retreats. We feel that this time would be best used for the planning and transitioning of your son.

Your son will be notified of the closing today, Friday February 25, 2005 at 1:30pm MST. Educational consultants and other professionals are being notified on this day as well.

Our hearts are full of gratitude to you for trusting us with your most valuable treasures.

We have also been honored to have served and loved the people of Bahia de Kino. We will miss them greatly.

Sincerely,

J. John Andersen, M.S.
President/Founder
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist

Keith M. Breiland, M.D.
Vice-President/Co-Founder
Board Certified Child and Adolescent
Psychiatrist

Positive Impact In Its
Sixth Year in Mexico:
Family Therapy Retreats
Begin This Month

Located on the shores of the Sea of Cortez in Bahia de Kino, Mexico, Positive Impact, a therapeutic program, is in its sixth year of helping teenage boys recover from addiction. The program currently treats approximately 50 teens, and Founder and Executive Director John Andersen said the program is in full compliance with Mexican government regulations.

Although the Mexican government shut down three behavior modification programs, Casa by the Sea and two other Baja California private rehabilitation centers for teens on Friday, Positive Impact has no connection to those programs. Andersen said "Positive Impact is beginning its family retreats this month, and we have a busy fall planned.?

"Positive Impact is the only therapeutic recovery program for adolescent boys in Mexico with U.S.-licensed therapists and U.S.-credentialed teachers," Andersen said. ?Most of the students at Positive Impact are from the United States.?

The New York Times reported last year that Positive Impact?s program was considered ?one of the best, in the opinion of several educational consultants in the United States whose profession is matching teenagers and parents with such schools.? At Positive Impact, the focus is on providing individual and group therapy with a strong emphasis on addiction and recovery to troubled teens. The program utilizes a three phase approach, the 12-step model, a social model of recovery and a positive peer culture.

?We find the location along the beautiful coast of the Sea of Cortez in Mexico an important aspect in the therapeutic and healing process for our young men," Andersen said. "In this place with minimal distractions, our participants are separated from negative peer cultures. The village of Kino Bay and its inhabitants help our boys develop cultural awareness while providing them with the opportunity for community service in a location that offers a vivid contrast to US cities and suburbs."

The program is located 60 miles from Hermosillo, Mexico, which is the nearest city. Direct flights are available to Hermosillo from Los Angeles, Phoenix and Las Vegas.

For more information, visit the program's website at: http://www.bahiadekino.com or contact John Andersen through Positive Impact?s office in the United States at 877-236-1114.

http://sde.state.nm.us/seo/discipline/p ... %20mexico'

Not sure if this helps:
http://www.strugglingteens.com/archives ... heard.html

MACKS JOIN CONNECTIONS IN NEW MEXICO
(August 28, 2003) Jonathan and Sandra Mack have moved to Albuquerque, New Mexico to join Connections, 505-385-3963 or 505-385-4329. This start-up business uses a home-based approach to support children and young adolescents, including those with Reactive Attachment Disorder, in forming and maintaining healthy relationships. The Macks state that if used preventatively, the program may eliminate the need for out-of-home placement and when residential treatment has been needed, Connections can help facilitate the transition back into the home. The Macks formerly were with Positive Impact, a residential program for boys in Kino Bay, Mexico.

Something I found here on Fornits:

Sounds like a behavior modification program=ABUSIVE
Posted: 2004-09-15 11:49:00  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 I unfortunately was a resident at "positive impact" for four hellish months. I could write a novel about what a terrible place it is, but I don't have the time, so let me just say a few things. I have been out for three years, and I am still struggling with post tramatic stress disorder as a result of that sick sadistic place. I have talked to a few kids from there since I have been out, and earned about others from them. The vast majority of them now are now addicted to cocaine and heroin even though most were not prior to entering the program. One kid I knew there who was constantly torfmented by the staff killed himself the first day he got out. Do not believe the lies on the website for the "program." Ninety percent of their effort is put into deceiving ed consultants and parents of prospective residents into thinki9ng it is a god place. They use the same brainwashing techniques on the residents that are employed by the military and the cult of scientology. And "cult" is a much more accurate description of this place than "treatment program." They do not let the kids say anything bad about the program during their 10 minutes of phone-time per week with parents. The reason it is in Mexico is not the reason they tell you. Most of the staff are local Mexicans who are paid poorly even by the wage standards of Mexico. There is barely any community service. Among other reasons, the program is located in Mexico to make it extremely hard for kids who turn 18 there to leave. Also, they usually convince parents to say to their son "If you leave the program when you turn 18, we will not support you financially." They lie to the kids, they lie to parents and they lie to ed consultants. This cult does not help young men- it severly harms them. I know all too well, and my friend Eric did too- before he killed himself.

Sounds like a behavior modification program=ABUSIVE
Posted: 2005-03-26 15:22:00  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 i too was a former student. last i heard a few weeks ago this program was shut down. its for the best the 8 months i spent there were very traumatic. in the end i walked out of the program and was homeless for 3 days on the beach with no money, while the staff talked with my parents back home telling them that i was mentally un-stable and needed to be committed if i went home otherwise i would be in jail or heavily using drugs in a week.

i was sent a plane ticket after that and went home and did not go crazy, or go to jail and was drug free and going to school.

personally i believe that this program is liable for neglect and many other things

we were served rotten milk, and nightly we would find cockroackes in our beds and bathrooms. constantly becmoing ill with diareah and fevers. a few months into the program i contracted parasites and was bleeding internally. when I requested to go to the doctor i was told by my therapist that i had better not be faking ilness to go and eat food in hermosillo, where the hospital was located. i was literally "shitting" blood excuse the vulgarity, and it took 2 days to arrange a trip to see the doctor

some nights staff would force students to sleep outside in the vida house compound on the ground. 3 times while i lived in that house we found coral snakes, which are very poisonus slithering through the house. these kids were put at risk.

Often times water would go out at the house, for many days at a time. you could not go to the bathroom because the toilets were filled to the brim with fecal matter. where it sat untill the water came back on.

this is the stone cold truth of the matter.
you can question me about it if you would like, and as much as i considered certain staff mambers to be friends i am glad that the program was shut down.

feel free to e-mail me about this if you would like to discuss this further. i hope that this company is sued h onestly because some of the things that happened in that program absolutely horrible
[email protected]

Hope this helps.

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 09:48:00 AM »
::he sighs softly and shakes his head:: its so disapointing really it is. Its just... people do those things, and I dont understand why.
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2005, 01:51:00 AM »
you have two types of posts from alumni such as my self.  One is the man who spent 17 months and feels he accomplished a great amount.  The other is that of the people who felt the program hurt more than helped.  Even though I am one of the latter, the point is this.  If 20% (which is far higher than the highest claimed recovery rate of any rehab, found at hazelden) of these kids get better and lead successful lives, is it worth having the rest of them damaged?  I think no, especially when the children are underage and have no choice but to submit themselves to the therapy.  I saw a young man named Bill L. from Georgia put in a white concrete box at Vida house for 6 days during august for smoking cannabis on a home visit.  We had to ignore him.  He would only eat half his food so that he would be able to fall asleep at night even though he was sunburned and plagued by mosquitoes and had to sleep on the concrete floor.  His therapist, Stacey Stocking, passed out notifications that Bill was dead, had committed ¨spiritual suicide¨ by using drugs.  If he came out of this appreciative of the experience and on the road to recovery, it would still be debatable whether these methods were justifiable.  But knowing that some people (most people!) might come out of the experience worse off, is it even debatable?  And what about the rest of us who had to watch things like that, and know that it could happen to us too?
If a parent were involved in something like this, no matter how bad their child, or whether one out of five of their children grew up to be successful lawyers, they would be immediately arrested.  Please, anyone who is trying to change the system, both in and out of the US, feel free to contact me and let me know what I can do.  My email is [email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 02:27:00 PM »
the girls school is going to be built at
799 W Richland Way
Pearce, AZ 85625

as per zoning board heraings that i found online, and is going to be run by lou vaughn. next time im out in az, (january) ill stop out and say hi

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2005, 01:29:00 AM »
Thank you for the information. I have been looking for a long time and I have found what I am looking for now.  Thank you.---Brandon

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2005, 03:26:00 AM »
http://www.isaccorp.org/wwasps/insideedition.mpg

In the second minute (starting at 1:00) has video taken by mexican authorities showing children kept in dog runs/kennels if not simply tied up there.

Its a big file, but hey, ISAC prolly doenst know about DIVX... neither to most program parents :rofl:

Why does everyone think these are necessary? Does every program parent really just want to be told what they want to hear and unload their child and all the problems and anxiety that go along with being a parent upon other people? Ugh.

And as far as the programmies who come out saying that you had to 'work the program' and improve yourself while in a program - sure, while being torutred for a period of months you could conceiveably 'work on your issues' (if you actually had any to begin with when you were sent in...) but what the hell does that have to do with the fact that its not therapeutic in and of itself and is infact abusive? And for that matter, who the hell could weather the torment and look at themself except for the freaking Dalai Llama?

I believe that when I die I shall rot, and nothing of my ego will survive. I am not young, and I love life. But I should scorn to shiver with terror at the thought of annihilation. Happiness is none the less true happiness because it must come to an end, nor do thought and love lose their value because they are not everlasting.
--Bertrand Russell, British philosopher, educator, mathemetician, and social critic

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2005, 11:57:00 PM »
On 2005-10-14 00:26:00, Nihilanthic wrote:

"http://www.isaccorp.org/wwasps/insideedition.mpg

In the second minute (starting at 1:00) has video taken by mexican authorities showing children kept in dog runs/kennels if not simply tied up there.

Its a big file, but hey, ISAC prolly doenst know about DIVX... neither to most program parents :rofl:

Why does everyone think these are necessary? Does every program parent really just want to be told what they want to hear and unload their child and all the problems and anxiety that go along with being a parent upon other people? Ugh.

And as far as the programmies who come out saying that you had to 'work the program' and improve yourself while in a program - sure, while being torutred for a period of months you could conceiveably 'work on your issues' (if you actually had any to begin with when you were sent in...) but what the hell does that have to do with the fact that its not therapeutic in and of itself and is infact abusive? And for that matter, who the hell could weather the torment and look at themself except for the freaking Dalai Llama?

I believe that when I die I shall rot, and nothing of my ego will survive. I am not young, and I love life. But I should scorn to shiver with terror at the thought of annihilation. Happiness is none the less true happiness because it must come to an end, nor do thought and love lose their value because they are not everlasting.
--Bertrand Russell, British philosopher, educator, mathemetician, and social critic

"

I am personally affended by your comments. Have you ever been to Positive Impact.  I would asume not.  I spent 17 months at that school and I promise you I am a better person for it.  I really think you should take your comments elswhere.  Who do you think you are?  Atleast go to a place before you critizie it.  Positive Impact never abused anyone.  You must be thinking of a differnt program, but sice you have never been there go ahead and be an ass and say what you want.  I lived it and you didn't.  I have a truth and you don't. please take your problems elsewhere.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2005, 01:16:00 AM »
To be fair, we might be confusing "High impact" with "Positive impact" right now.

Either way, at least spell offended properly before you speak for your program.

Also, not everyone can afford to travel all over the USA or internationally to check out programs so sometimes we HAVE to go by what people say... because the authorities that are supposed to be responsible arent investigating yet.

A drug is neither moral nor immoral - it's a chemical compound. The compound itself is not a menace to society until a human being treats it as if consumption bestowed a temporary license to act like an asshole.
--Frank Zappa

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."