Author Topic: My father is...  (Read 4311 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My father is...
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2005, 01:27:00 AM »
Geez why you gotta go and mess up this thread with that B.S. druggie? GO back to your program for a while would ya!   :razz:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My father is...
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2005, 03:31:00 AM »
Well, as it seems none of you can come up with anything more intelligent than idiot-babble, I'll put this place behind me.

I hope at least some of thise got through.

See you never. :grin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My father is...
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2005, 09:19:00 AM »
See you never.

:tup:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My father is...
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2005, 10:01:00 AM »
I would like to talk to you about your father, are you still around? You said you lived at program,  Did you stay at dundee? like lollie? you know flori's sister?  you must not be flori's. his son with her is a baby..4 maybe.  wait never mind I dont think thats even your dads baby, So why would your mother let you go down there and stay? with flori? What did flori do for a living before dundee? I heard rumors...lady of the night??? Your mom must have been one pissed off lady.. If your still around I have more questions...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My father is...
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2005, 05:36:00 PM »
I think I met Narvin once. DOes he live in Hodges, SC?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My father is...
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2005, 04:36:00 PM »
That means in the future you'll be groomed to take over!!! How great is that?!! Please, you better get off here before your Daddy writes you out of his will.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My father is...
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2005, 08:12:00 PM »
come out, come out, where ever you are

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
My father is...
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2005, 08:32:00 PM »
Daughter, do you mind if I call you sister? Cause we have a lot in common. I wasn't as tied up in it as you are. But I was conscripted at around the age of 6. I think we could actually find a good bit of common ground if you want to.

I know you just got spanked pretty hard. But you have to admit that it really was funny as anything! If you're still feeling scorched, please read it again only, this time, play the Benny Hill theme song in the background.

"There lives more faith in honest doubt, believe me, than in half the creeds."--Lord Alfred Tennyson

Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make  some of the worst movies in the history of the world.
-- Dave Barry

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Carey

• View Profile
My father is...
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2005, 09:54:00 AM »
When I found out my boys were sent to Dundee Ranch Academy in Costa Rica I was concerned. I began to do some independent information gathering. I wanted to make an informed decision as to whether or not I was in an agreement with the program chosen and be sure that it had the resources necessary to help my boys. I first began reviewing the information provided on the internet website for the WWASP schools and the website for Dundee itself. I followed that up by directly contacting the school. I emailed the director asking him to provide me with information on the school's employees. I wanted to know things like: where they had worked previously, how long they had worked with teens in crisis, how they were trained, what their specific credentials were and whether they did criminal background checks on all individuals who had contact with the teens. (The school does credit checks on the parents, why should I not be able to have criminal background checks done on the employees?) The reply that I received back from the director at Dundee, Joe, was that he did not have time to provide me with that information. He suggested that I look again at Dundee's website. I explained to him that I needed information, and not just boiler plate information, but specific information on the individuals who worked with the boys on a day to day basis and who were responsible for their well-being. I believe as a parent it was not only my right to have access to this information but my responsibility. Needless to say, after many requests, I was never provided with any information from Joe.

Son of Litchfield, do you not agree that parents have the responsibility and more importantly the right to know specifics on the caretakers that they have intrusted their kids with?

I then heard a story about a very serious incident that occurred at Dundee. I heard that as a result of the incident there were employees who had been fired. I emailed Joe, the director, and Ken Kay to see if they could either confirm the incident or deny it. I asked them why certain employees were not longer employed by Dundee. Neither one would address my question. Why? Don't parents have a right to know? If there is an explanation why would they not be willing to provide it?

Son of Litchfield, do you disagree with the idea that parents have a right to know about each and every incident, especially those of the magnitude that involved the two councelors, that takes place in the program?

The next thing I did was to have my attorney get me a copy of the enrollment agreement that had been signed. The first thing that I noticed that did not seem right was that the cover page of the enrollment agreement stated that "if joint custody both parents must sign." Well my case is and was a joint custody case and yet I never signed anything. I had never even seen the agreement.

Son of Litchfield, don't you think it is important that "the program" follow through with their own rules and that they have the consent of both parents like required? Maybe you should ask your dad why that requirement is in the contract on the very first page.  It is important.

Anyway, I began to read over it. What I gathered from reading the contract was that it was written to protect the school and all affiliates and not the teens. I decided to have it looked at by a licensed clinical social worker. I wanted the opinion of a professional. I took it to an individual who has worked with Boys Town for over 10 years. This individual has had experience working with at risk teens and the credentials necessary for providing a professional opinion. This is what was pointed out by this professional:

Son of Litchfield, don't you think it is important that the contract be written to protect the kids from imappropriate actions by the staff?

1) By signing the agreement parents are signing over their right to what is known as in the States as "informed consent." (The right to be informed about all decisions relating to your child.)
2) The staff employed by Dundee are not professionals. These individuals who are responsible for the health and well-being of the children do not have to be qualified, trained or certified to provide the types of services that at risk teens need.
3) Teens were allowed to punish other teens. (Are these teens emotionally stable enough to punish other teens at lower levels? If so why are they still in the program? Wouldn't they or shouldn't they be able to go home if they are at a stage where they are emotionally stable enough to determine what is right or wrong for another student? Or, could it be that the students at higher level are cheap labor for the school?)
4) The school is not licensed or regulated by any outside agency that has the ability/power to monitor the methods and techniques that are being used in the school. (That will likely change now that the local authorities know that the school is there and that there are children there.)

Son of Litchfield, couls you please give me your feedback on the 4 issues stated above?

There were many other red flags noted in the enrollment agreement. These were the ones that were the most concerning for me.

Children have to be protected. Information is vital for making informed decisions. They should never be isolated and not allowed to contact their parents. Even if they are the "manipulators" the school claims them to be. I would think that the very parents who lived with them for the first 12-18 years of their lives would be able to determine whether or not their child is being manipulative. There is nothing more important than communication between parent and child, direct open communication that is uncensored. If my child wants to vent or complain, then let them do that, I am an adult and I will decide whether or not it is something I need to be concerned with. I do not need someone who is 26 years old with degree in economics who has never had kids of his own telling me that my kids are manipulating me and that I should not have contact with them.

Son of Litchfield, we already know what you think about this "it takes the cake".  Well, I happen to know my own two boys far better than Joe, the staff at Dundee, your father, their own father, or any other person on the face of this planet, including you. There is only one other that knows them better than me and that is the Lord.  

You see, Son of Litchfield, I myself would never have signed the contract based on the issues in my letter, there is just too much at risk.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My father is...
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2005, 09:42:00 AM »

On 2005-10-07 22:03:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I'm high on marijuana. :nworthy:  :nworthy:  :smokin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My father is...
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2005, 12:35:00 PM »