Author Topic: Season Finale  (Read 4163 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Season Finale
« on: August 25, 2005, 10:02:00 AM »
Can someone give a recap of the season finale last night?  I missed it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
Season Finale
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 10:30:00 AM »
Thank God its over.
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Season Finale
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 10:34:00 AM »
The kids go home, no problems are solved and the parents are at square one all over again. Minus 30 grand of course. Or in these specific parents case, minus the respect of the child and an entire nation of onlookers. I feel sorry for those kids. What retarded parents.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Season Finale
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 10:48:00 AM »
Don't forget so far at least two of the nine kids have had felony arrests since "graduating."  

The parents are out $30k for the so-called "therapy" PLUS new legal fees and ongoing problems seemingly unaddressed by the "program."

What a bunch of SUCKERS.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Season Finale
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 10:49:00 AM »
The parents aren't out anything- the cost was covered in exchange for the rights to film.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Season Finale
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 10:54:00 AM »
Which makes it even more pathetic. These kids are going to hate their parents once they realize what has taken place.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Season Finale
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2005, 11:08:00 AM »
I worry this wil only serve to prove to parents that if they are having problems with their teen then the 1+ year program is what they need, not a few weeks in the wilderness.

It's pretty obvious that WWASP and others supported this show and were right in the middle of things. Every time you type in Brat Camp, why there they are. I think they knew exactly what was going to happen. They can use this to their benefit, and I'm sure they will.

Another victory for them, as I see it, and another defeat for us. Back to the drawing board.

Anyone ever consider that we're just not doing it right? It is obvious to onlookers that what people fighting the industry have been doing for years is simply not working.

Do you think that maybe it's time for a change of strategy? And not talk about it on public forums? Perhaps a united front? Rather than all of the fighting and bickering that goes on here and outside of here?

There are many people involved in the fight who are all about themselves and getting recognition. They forget what this fight is all about (the kids) and tromp over others who they see as competition. What do they think they are competing for? Some notariety? Some recognition for themselves? Pretty disgusting if you ask me. But it's happening, just dig around here a while and you'll see the writing on the wall.

Just a thought ....

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
Season Finale
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2005, 12:09:00 PM »
On 2005-08-25 07:30:00, OverLordd wrote:

"Thank God its over."

Somehow I get the feeling it will be back with a new cast. It's disgusting.
am looking for people who survived Straight in Plymouth, Michigan. I miss a lot of people there and wonder what happened and would like to stay in touch.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Season Finale
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2005, 12:16:00 PM »
On 2005-08-25 07:49:00, Anonymous wrote:

"The parents aren't out anything- the cost was covered in exchange for the rights to film."

True indeed.  Maybe I should have said "parents like these..."
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Season Finale
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2005, 02:01:00 PM »
Pretty lame and anticlimactic in my opinion.

Xmas morning the camp tree was decorated and everyone got a stocking with candy, etc. Each kid made a gift for the person whose name they drew. There was obvious happiness to be free of the program for a short time.

It was stated that the 6 remaining needed to demonstrate that 'they could trust' each other. (Ironic and a contradiction to the message they received throughout the program- you're alone. There's no one to help you.) To that end they partcipated in a high ropes course. Derek went part way up the tree and refused to go further. Instead he stood on a platform and fell backward into the groups arms.

So these kids had to stay through Xmas in order to do a ropes course? That was the finishing touch that was going to crack the hard nuts?

Next scene. There's a snow storm. Glacier tells them that the temp will be way below 0, but they're hiking anyway. But first they each have an assignment (or something to that effect).
He takes them one by one away from the group and sends them over a hill where, surprise, surprise, their parents are waiting. Totally caught off guard the kids were ecstatic to see their parents and to be leaving.

They did quiet a number on Jada though. She was last, sitting in the circle alone. They asked if she knew what was going on and then told her that everyone else was graduating. They let her believe that she was the only one not going home. They directed her to complete her assignment- go over the hill. She collapsed on the ground sobbing. While she was down they rammed it home re: what she needed to work on and change (lying). They made her stand up and walk over the hill, sobbing. Her parents were waiting.
Her dad said later, "She did it and didn't quit". Like she had a choice?

Nothing like the element of surprise to make for a happy ending. Smiles and hugs all around. Promises to be good. Even Frank and Isaiah claimed to have been changed- different people.

They checked in on the kids six months later.
Reported that everyone doing well and on Jada and Isaiah's problems. Nick finally getting one-on-one tutoring which he should've had 10 years prior. Lexie and Heather at TBSs. I think Lauren might have been headed that direction (don't remember). Shawn meditating in the backyard, "On what he learned at SW". Derek stacking a house of playing cards and doing his homework. Frank viewing an exhibit at a museum with his mother. Isaiah playing football with the boys. Jada... well Jada was talking on the phone and putting on makeup. Refused TBS, going to high school. Why don't they put the kid in some art school where she can pursue her passion? Her parents said she was still lying and that they'd caught her smoking pot. She said she hadn't, and then said her mom caught her once. Particularly for Jada, even if the program 'worked' as intended, didn't anyone notice that she didn't grok metaphor. Seems someone would have noticed that, and that it wasn't 'working'. Her exasperated parents said they didn't know what would become of her.

[ This Message was edited by: Deborah on 2005-08-25 11:03 ]
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Season Finale
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2005, 02:34:00 PM »
Thanks, Deborah.  Good summary.

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
Season Finale
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2005, 02:35:00 PM »
The behavior and the activites of the parents truely will never fail to discust me. We all know that statement. "The Trobled Parent Industry." Yet I think nothing really drives it home better than the condicention of Program parents. Things like fixing their kids, or giving them structure, or keeping them away from their friends. Its all just such a poor example for the youth. My girl friend who went through CSA told me. "The only thing I learned how to do was lie better." I think this is a universal thing. Lets think about it shall we.

The kids are lied to in order to get to the place.
The kids are lied to about when they will be going home.
The kids are lied to about their graduation time.
The kids are lied to about the group dynamics and how to properly work within a group.

The entire Behavior modification model, and fixing the kids is based off of one massive lie or manipulation. Its really sad how parents do this to their children in order to fix any issue they have.

Comments like "She did it and didn't quit" truely show how parents have no fucking idea whats going on in these kids daily lives. The parents should be put through a program just like the kids. It is onnly because of the parents failure that these kids are in a program. Yet because their adults the shit can roll down hill and it can all land on a kid. How sad it is when parents wont take responsiblity for their own failures as a parent.  :sad:

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
Season Finale
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2005, 03:10:00 PM »

They did quiet a number on Jada though. She was last, sitting in the circle alone. They asked if she knew what was going on and then told her that everyone else was graduating. They let her believe that she was the only one not going home. They directed her to complete her assignment- go over the hill. She collapsed on the ground sobbing. While she was down they rammed it home re: what she needed to work on and change (lying). They made her stand up and walk over the hill, sobbing. Her parents were waiting.

Her dad said later, "She did it and didn't quit". Like she had a choice?

Nothing like the element of surprise to make for a happy ending. Smiles and hugs all around. Promises to be good. Even Frank and Isaiah claimed to have been changed- different people.
<

Is it not just truly revolting that they would play such a sick game with someone's freedom. No big surprise they all hugged their parents. I have done the same thing out of fear of not wanting to be sent away again.

I hope one day these kids will speak out about their trashy TV "therapy". Where is the justice in this world? I'm beginning to think it doesn't exist.
am looking for people who survived Straight in Plymouth, Michigan. I miss a lot of people there and wonder what happened and would like to stay in touch.

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
Season Finale
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2005, 03:30:00 PM »
Maybe I'm diffrent, I'm just kinda spiteful, I would indeed just get upset, maybe not at seeing them but if my parent spouted something like jada's did I would of just snaped. Its the idea of "Oh, your fixed we love you again." You know? That would of just driven me deeper into my issues than anything else. In siad situation, I may of hugged my mother... maybe... if she were crying, I would of just ignored my father. How would you react?

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Season Finale
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2005, 07:18:00 PM »
I would have "played the game, and done the HUG-HUG thing, or whatever it took" just to get the hell outta there! But, I WOULD NOT have agreed to have gone on off to some "boarding school" for another full year of Behavior Modification, no way! The one girl refused; but her little parents sat right there on TV pondering "what will we do with her?" since this bad bad girl had smoked pot AGAIN!! oops, this girl is in big trouble...sounds like a treatment facility to me.