Author Topic: any counselors out there? Come on don't be shy.  (Read 22322 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
any counselors out there? Come on don't be shy.
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2005, 12:51:00 PM »
I am a parent of a kid who attended another program similar to HLA. I can also vouch for the many staff members who cared very deeply for the kids.  

I know all the anti-program zealots on this forum can't stand to hear that there was caring and nurturing going on. The lessons weren't easy- the reason small things had consequences were so that these lessons could be taught in a safe and loving environment. I think The Marine would agree that in order to really understand how these programs work (no, not by brainwashing or harsh punishments) you need to understand how each level builds on the previous one.  It is all about learning self-respect, honor and self-control.  

Unfortunately, many kids slip back once they are out in the world.  There is a high incidence of failure after programs.  There is also a large recurrence of cancer after treatment.  Does this mean the treatment is a waste of time?  Of course not.  You take your best shot, and places like HLA offer families that best shot.
:silly:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2005, 12:52:00 PM »
actually, 2 people. I did the first one, someone else did the second.

PG 59/60 Haven/Metamorphosis

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2005, 12:52:00 PM »
PS that was to The Marine, in response to his last post.

PG 59/60 Haven/Metamorphosis

Offline monster

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2005, 01:26:00 PM »
I was there for 2 1/2 years and I just recently graduated. I had family issues. :flame:

pg 59/60 Haven [ This Message was edited by: thelma on 2005-08-26 10:28 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2005, 01:55:00 PM »
Thelma: 2 1/2 years huh?  How are you doing? Are you living back at home? Things ok with your family now? What can you tell us about that LONG stay?

Offline monster

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2005, 01:55:00 PM »
yeah I espically hated getting my picture taken in the fish bowl, but I can thank the marine for that. Im in college now and for the most part im great, someone told me once that there are three rules to follow and I think you should ask the marine what they are. [ This Message was edited by: thelma on 2005-08-26 10:56 ]

Offline monster

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2005, 01:59:00 PM »
On 2005-08-25 14:54:00, Anonymous wrote:

"just to be sure,::hehehmm::  who was in the fishbowl, and who made the sign you can get bonus points if you know who the sign was given to."

I was in the fish bowl maybe I was just in a different part of the forum  big brother[ This Message was edited by: thelma on 2005-08-26 11:10 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2005, 07:22:00 PM »
Thelma--doesn't sound like you think the "marine" was such a grand, nice, fellow.
Glad you are in college and seem to be doing ok.

Offline monster

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2005, 09:36:00 PM »
No actually what I said was a private joke towards the marine. He was my counselor when I attended HLA. He is like a big brother that teases me and pulls my hair but helps me out and supports me when I need it, he's a great guy

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2005, 10:48:00 AM »
how's the job search going, Thelma??  you going to class and keeping out of trouble?!?

Offline monster

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2005, 11:19:00 AM »
yeah college is good, I attend all my classes no matter how early I stayed up and partied the night before. I dont have classes on fridays so I have a three day weekend. When I first got to college I was drinking an insane amount of alcohol but i've cooled off a bit. I think it was just the initial excitement of being on my own. I work for a place called panera bread. Overall life is good and for the first time in a long time im genuinely happy.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2005, 11:51:00 AM »
"I attended HLA for a year, 1996-1997. In that time I experienced many of the allegations other previous students have made. In addition to those there were some relationships between military staff (those in charge of work detail and cals)and students, as well as allegations of sexual abuse made by at least one girl in which I roomed with in the dorms. No actions were ever taken. My parents were essentially conned into placing me into this program, and every time they would get ready to pull me out I would get placed on restriction in order to reinforce that I was "troubled" and needed more care. I was in some of the first groups at the program. Perhaps things have changed, but I doubt it."

Posted from another forum.

I hope this isn't referring to "The Marine."  It seems there was some REALLY inapproprite "relationships" with students going on there.

No wonder there were "strained marriages"...
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline monster

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2005, 12:19:00 PM »
That was not the marine, but there have been relationships that have gone between staff and students under the "radar". I'm sure many people will realize who I am when I say this but, I'm not ashamed to admit that I had one with an AC and Im still in a relationship with him. It wasn't right that it happened but I wouldn't change the person that I've grown into because of this relationship because of a code of ethics. Now I will say that there is a male staff still there that should be fired and many girls have talked about him trying to get them to do things but are either too ashamed or afraid to say something to the right people. The

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2005, 12:36:00 PM »
Wow.  Some things never change, I guess.

So, you had a relationship with an AC while at HLA?  How old was he and how old were you?  Was it physical?  How did you go about it (not looking for graphic info here, just sorta the "how you avaoided detection" stuff)?

Was he (your boyfriend) fired? Disciplined?  Did anyone else know about it?

Who is the staff member there now that is trying to molest students?  Is anything being done about it?

OK, enough questions for now.  I'll wait for some answers...

Thanks.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2005, 01:25:00 PM »
This is not a fucking support group... marine and parents, if you need support go to ST or something.
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.