Author Topic: BBS Board Abuse  (Read 2952 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
BBS Board Abuse
« on: December 13, 2002, 04:17:00 PM »
Recently there has been some abuse of the BBS. There are some ASS HOLES that would like to post large amounts of irrelevant material in order to waste space in our database, or waste others time by downloading large amounts of text, or just plain be irritating. And to those folks I say "Get Bent"!

I can tolerate the threats of legal action, threats of violence, even verbal harassment but enough is enough. Just because you can not prove your point does not give you the right to abuse MY BBS. So, I have enacted some fuzzy logic in the hopes of keep Ass holes from disrupting the conversations, that the rest of us enjoy, with their "spam like tactics".

If you do not like what is being said in ANY forum here, remember, your computer is just like a TV, you can turn it off or change the channel. Nobody is forcing you to read anything here. If you want to sue me go for it (get a lawyer, or get a life), I have plenty of your own slanderous material to make you look like the ass that you are in a court of law!

If, for some chance you (as a legitimate user) have any trouble with the new posting restrictions, please let us know, and we will take care of it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
BBS Board Abuse
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2002, 07:11:00 PM »
I have had to add even more changes to tighten up The anti-spam logic. As some asshole found a way to get past what I has in place so far. I apologize in advance for any inconvenience that you may have in posting.

You see this is all because some asshole want to sit and repetitively post the same garbage over and over again, in an attempt to
  1. Annoy me
  2. Annoy you
  3. Disrupt the board
  4. Most of all because he/she has some serious issues(after all that is what happens when you live in a commune with 53 other Elan graduates)

The funny thing is it took me less then 5 min to clean up the mess, and another 10 to put in tighter measures of what can be posted, while it took them in excess of 20 min to post all the crap that they posted.

This is your Brain , and this is your Brain on coerced treatment

Some Days It's Just Not Worth
Chewing Through The Leather Straps

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
BBS Board Abuse
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2003, 02:56:00 PM »
Since there have been some reported problems :???: , I have made some changed in the banning logic as to how a person is banned. I also change the ban time from 2 days to 2 hours (I think that this is enough time to discourage spammers, but will not cause too much heart ache for those that may have been accidently banned).

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience, and hope that the new fixes will alleviate all of the problems that have arisen.