Author Topic: Are you really out of straight yet?  (Read 8786 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Are you really out of straight yet?
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2005, 08:24:00 PM »
Yes. There is a psychological being and profile that is created with any victim of crime.

This is seen in all forms of crime where the victim identifies with their attacker and/or what is being done to them. To have sympathy and empathy is inherent in all human nature, and it is more so in victims of crime to identify with their attackers and all the things that went on in Straight, so you are not alone I would imagine. This is not a natural state of being, this creation of schysm in the victim's mind byt the crime done - it is the first step toward healing but it is NOT a phase of healing. The victim (the term victim is a basic definition used in police procedures and law to define any person who was done wrong against or a crime was done to them. Personally I find these posts demeaning toward the True Victims of Straight Inc. saying we are not book defined victims of crime, so fuck you) must come to understand that what was done to them IS CRIME and IS WRONG in every facet of law abiding America we live in.

Shame on you, DragonFly, for not doing your homework about psychological residual effects of crime and child abuse, child abuse especially at the mass pedophilic hands' of Straight.

Yes. Pedophilic. To clarify what I myself mean, my definition of Pedophile: Anyone who gets off, in any form of money, punishment, other; on hurting children. Crimes being commited are not just physical assault where the victim wishes the occurence had never happened.

Back to police definitions of VICTIM:  It is imperative that the victim does realize that this is not a proper way of healing by internalizing what was done to them, internalizing some UNREALISTIC CONSCIOUSNESS from their criminal attacker(s) so that the victim becomes introverted/depressed.

True and Right Identification and proper healing only comes when the victim goes through stages of healing not including this psychie action you are referring to.

Feel free to look up anything I am saying here within the guidelines of all police victim brochures, procedures, and books surrounding children in abusive homes and institutions, people who have been raped, or are victims of any and all the types of cases of domestic and criminal violence. This includes kidnapping, forced truancy, illegal seizure of all the civil rights, and you can name the other things that Straight did to you to break the law. It does not matter that it was Straight, you WOULD COMPLETELY have had the same residual empathy and psychological confusion on how to react to the crimes done against you if you were never in Straight Inc. and the crimes done to you there had happened somewhere else. This means that saying you are a true victim is nothing personal against anyone who does wrong to us within the scope of the laws that keep us safe. This means that it is nothing personal if you feel you 'miss' Straight in some psychological way. And, Dragonfly, by continuing not to think of what you are writing before you write it - you are talking down crime and getting on the side of crime. If all you are saying is that you sometimes have psychological confusion, this is perfectly understandable. I don't know who you are but if you started that whole 'CoffeeShop Post', I'm still willing to bust your head open with a crowbar. If you didn't start that mess, then I'm not offering you the metal in your head.

So, if you do feel some sort of psychological common bond with Straight ... now that you KNOW the truth about what you are thinking and feeling there with your misappropriated missing of that sick place, you can begin to turn your mind and emotion in the right direction and realize that nothing that was done to you was your fault in only the realist sense of the terms. Beginning this motion of separating yourself and your sanity necessarily keeps you from projecting onto others and other situations when you begin to identify YOURSELF as the victim of a crime, and not the other way around.

Furthermore, it should be easy for you to now see that Straight IS wrong for what it did, the people who did these things to you, STAFF and DIRECTORS and CREATORS, any person of adult age, are criminals. YOU ARE NOT a criminal for any of that. You are the victim here and they are criminals in the sense of learning to bring about the justice that is supposed to be inherent in our laws that protect us. We would not say it was crime if there was no crime there, that would waste everyones' time if no laws had been written to protect us against things like child abuse, rape, kidnapping, etc.

As you begin to understand this KEY difference of book victim and true criminal you can begin to unwind yourself from the situation. And hey, nothing wrong with ever seeing a counselor to work out some of these tough issues we all gained because of the crimes done at Straight. The real kicker is going to be what to do about your sorry fucking parents who dumped you off at Straight because they lacked the maturity to raise kids.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2005, 09:30:00 PM »
To the above poster. You know me, and I know you, in a limited way, of course. Please let me clarify that the "Coffee Shop" posts were a tangent, and, although I thoroughly enjoyed and was impressed by your analysis of these posts, I take affront to your wish to discuss crowbar threats to the writer of these posts. You know damn well that I am more on your side than many in this argument of Straight being a crime that still must be brought to justice.

You may not have been aware that I also wrote the following post:
On 2005-08-19 11:12:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Original Poster, that is the whole point. If people are still confused, if they have the pain still locked up, if they have beliefs about themselves and the world around them that are actually incorrect because they got them from Straight, they want to come here and talk about it with people because they are, in a sense, not out of Straight. Or Straight isn't out of them. I myself have had the experience of having memories come back because of things other people said on this message board, and these memories were very informative, they kind of unwound a certain amount of energy that was tied to something that had happened that was so scary I did not remember it before. It's like we are trying to recreate history to understand it. And like the sign on your history teacher's wall: "Those who forget history are destined to repeat it". Well, another thread is talking about the concept of "acculturation". The thing is, we were not only "acculturated", we were terrified into being part of this Straight culture. I think that might be why it is so hard for people to unlearn, it kind of got frozen in on the level of a survival instinct.

Of course, everyone is different in the ways they reacted to Straight, and in the effects that Straight had on them."

I hope that clears things up for you. I hope that you will quit making these threats. I thought it was pretty damn clear that the "Coffee Shop" bit was a farce. You can analyze it all you want, kid, and be my editor if you want, as you are correct, there was a certain amount of chaos in the intentionality, which I would have had to fix before I sent such a writing in for any kind of professional assessment. But lordy boy, it's a damn message board. Chill out a bit, eh? God damn I wish you would contact me again, as some of your recent posts reveal a sharp mind and writing skills. I apologized to you quite sincerely. Isn't that good enough? Please?

dragonfly

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2005, 10:20:00 PM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2005, 12:20:00 AM »
I don't know what you think I am doing, and you are right ...this is a message board. You don't have my IP, noone else here does either. I have been coming to this board now for about two weeks. Buddy, w/e your cause is against Straight, the coffee shop scenario was taken as serious by an admin and some other long term posters who've been here for a long time, and me.

I don't have anything against you, whoever you are. I was just posting my own version of what I thought a critical post should lookie like against a coffeeshop straight. Kid, I didn't know you were joking. Apologies, bucko. Nevermind it all.

The word 'psychic' refers to psychological, but I am no etymologist. Boyo, you can pick up any number of books on rape, brochures on domestic violence and child abuse. Most of these will at the very least point you in the right direction on well versed topics of the victim identifying w/ their attacker.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2005, 12:41:00 AM »
Thanks for the apology, bucko. Sorry, didn't know present company could not discern what I thought was clearly an obviously farcical scenario. Sorry again if said scenario was chaotically presented and led to misunderstandings wrt to my views and intentions. Say, drop me a line sometime. I'm working on somethin, and I need a good editor. :smile:  Come on, it'll be fun! Please?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2005, 12:46:00 AM »
P.S. Tell you what, since you're new here -- I'll drop a line to that Reagan Youth fellow, and tell him to give you my contact info. How's that. I look forward to discussing with you my editorial needs, should you be interested in that on which I am working. Look, Ma, no dangling participles! :smile:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2005, 02:22:00 AM »
On 2005-08-22 17:24:00, Anonymous wrote:

"The real kicker is going to be what to do about your sorry fucking parents who dumped you off at Straight because they lacked the maturity to raise kids."

Yeah, so inept she couldn't take me to the vet when I broke my foot. Of course she's gonna pay to lock me up where someone else can take care of my medical and child abuse and neglect needs.

Oh wait, I never told you that one, my parents never paid Straight a dime. Maybe Straight should sue me and get me to admit that they abused me in deposition.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2005, 04:40:00 AM »
Okay, let me explain the corollary, by which I mean "joke", since my satiricalness is not clear to all of the present company: see, Betty Sembler is under deposition -- and we are told she is being deposed with regard to Straight -- and will, we hope, be subsequently indisposed, as it were, due to the embarrassing and incriminating nature of her deposition -- because she and Mr. Sembler sued Ray for the alleged theft of and public humiliation resulting allegedly from public display of Mr. Sembler's regrettable/tragic personal item. Now, and you will shortly see if you had not before that there is more than one corollary at play here, first I suggest that Straight sue *me* for non-payment of the bill, clearly an absurdity, and yet simultaneously a taunt for Straight to rear it's slimey head from the depths of the masquerade it is putting on right now, and second that Straight would then wish to depose *me* with regard to the crimes *they*, in fact, committed. But hey, how about we start stealing some regrettable/tragic personal items from certain trash bins and dumpsters in and surrounding Milford, Ohio, and other strategic locations in other states and posting these items on E-bay?

I trust I need not explain the satirical reference to a "vet" instead of a doctor?

P.S. The unspoken tragedy, of course, is that my mother was looking for and found a real bargain of a lock-up for me. Everyone loves a bargain.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2005, 12:07:00 AM »
maybe someone could do us a favor and write a synopsis of this thread..? :grin:

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2005, 02:13:00 AM »
...Um, well... let's see some people said some crazy shit, although it was not useless it was hard to see.  After a while it began to dawn on me and then a little while later it got really funny. The anger is deep.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2005, 02:13:00 AM »
[ This Message was edited by: starry-eyed pirate on 2005-08-24 00:38 ]
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

dragonfly

« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2005, 07:36:00 AM »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2005, 07:25:00 PM »
Holy shit!!!

Pollsters say American anger is at an all-time high. You don?t need a poll to figure that out. Just wander down to the local coffee shop for breakfast and listen to the anger spilling out over the war in Iraq, skyrocketing energy prices and a government out of control.

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/p ... 7539.shtml

Has Doug Thompson been to your coffee shop??

We did not inherit this land from our ancestors, we borrow it form our children.

http://www.civilization.ca/aborig/haida/hapindxe.html' target='_new'>Haida

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Princess Bride

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2005, 04:06:00 PM »
I avoided the topic of Straight for over 10 years. I got on with life, had a family, graduated college, made friends etc. It took a long time to quit separating myself from the people around me.

I didn't want to make myself a victim of that experience and chose to view it as something that made me stronger. NO WAY! I never got to cry, tell anyone in any real way what happenned to me, and I never got to feel it. I was in shock there and for a long time after.

I settled now into reality the more non program people I deal with. (By that I mean non Straightlings)

There are many opinions - so many types of people out there. I am continually learning from them and in a way soaking up their normality.

When I left Straight I only associated with negative, reforming drunks, they called themselves Book Nazis. Then I was still in a matter of speaking in Straight, only accepting and following the most extreme viewpoint I could find. When I finally left there when I turned 21 (of course)- I had the same experience all over again that I did when I defected from Straight.

I am so grateful I did that. I have discovered that no one is "normal", I have so much to learn from everyone.

My life is good now, calm, most of the things around me are positive. I just want to finally get rid of that crap inside my head that tells me that no matter how well I do, I will always be a "cop out".

I am never allowed to fully enjoy anything good. I still feel like I have to pay conscequences for my childhood. I have not made an excuse out of Straight, I have done well and am grateful for my life.

I am so appreciative of these posts, it's like I am reading the discussions that go on inside my head. The fact that there are people out there who feel what I feel and think what I think; like NO ONE has ever been able to do before has already become an encouragment. Is it possible to get over this crap  :eek: once and for all? I don't know, I just started reading these posts last week.
 :eek:

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2005, 09:40:00 PM »
On 2005-10-21 13:06:00, Princess Bride wrote:

"I avoided the topic of Straight for over 10 years. I got on with life, had a family, graduated college, made friends etc. It took a long time to quit separating myself from the people around me.

I didn't want to make myself a victim of that experience and chose to view it as something that made me stronger. NO WAY! I never got to cry, tell anyone in any real way what happenned to me, and I never got to feel it. I was in shock there and for a long time after."

I also avoided talking or even thinking about Straight, but that lasted almost 20 years, until I found this forum. My journey sounds similar to yours because after about a 7 year period of post striaght wild and reckless lifestyle, I finally started the slow process of getting to know people from many walks of life and eventually graduated from college.

I viewed Straight as something that I had survived, that made me strong enough to survive anything, and that I wouldnt let it beat me. I never cried, grieved, or dealt with Straight at all, instead I just repressed it.

"I am so appreciative of these posts, it's like I am reading the discussions that go on inside my head. The fact that there are people out there who feel what I feel and think what I think; like NO ONE has ever been able to do before has already become an encouragment. Is it possible to get over this crap  ::rainbow::
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell