Author Topic: Life in the fast lane  (Read 2402 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Life in the fast lane
« on: July 02, 2005, 04:51:00 AM »
Well I'm off to Saskatchewan, and boy am i stoked. I don't suppose that you care but that's ok too. Big wedding lots of good friends, music festivals, i'm sure that it'll be a gong show.

I have a different take on many things in life since aarc, but honestly I think that most of these ideas were there before hand.

Aarc was pretty dern'd intense. On this site there are some accusations of some pretty terrible things, I don't presume to know the whole history of Aarc and everything that has gone on there... but i know what it was like for me. A lot of reality, that I couldn't avoid, but more importantly some really decent people that I could talk to. I tried to make the best of a very bizarre situation, and ultimately things have changed which is alot more then I can say for my years of stagnant, resigned stupor. Everything is not perfect and all is not right in the world but I'm back to trying so that's a pretty sweet deal for me.

but anyhow ... I'm sleepy. looking forward to tommorow. One love, Charles Lowry
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Life in the fast lane
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 02:00:00 AM »
Did somebody just call attending a wedding in Saskatchewan life in the fast lane??? Woo slow down buddy your Saskatchewan partying is too much for me!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Life in the fast lane
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 08:34:00 PM »
Sounds like your living it up. When you get back we will have to play a game of lord of the rings risk.

Now that is living life in the fast lane.

Joel Mader

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Life in the fast lane
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 01:44:00 AM »
joel

whoa!!! im so shocked, not bitching about all your stupid issues that your having!  no that is what i call progress!

:rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Life in the fast lane
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 12:47:00 PM »
On 2005-07-15 17:34:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Sounds like your living it up. When you get back we will have to play a game of lord of the rings risk."

Fuck that game and more importantly, fuck the people who thought it up solely to ruin the pure, untainted name of the original Risk.

I almost (and I stress almost) feel like I should thank you though Joel, since your house was definitely the highlight of my stay at AARC (re: extraordinarily kickass steam-shower and hottub). It's just too bad that your family got suckered in by "the Doc's" fear-mongering wax psychology; unfortunate, because they seemed like such nice people. In fact, most of the parents at AARC were, in the majority of my experiences, exceptionally nice people; Sadly, all very misguided, mistreated and mislead into such a drastic state of absolute submission, that all of the host homes had their fair share of peculiar quirks (a.k.a. "AARCisms").

Most notably, I found that the parents (more often the male than female) would at times become visibly frustrated with the program or as a direct result of said programming, and instead of making a critical observation of the obvious source of their frustrations, would sooner make an attempt to find what "sick" behaviour was still being harboured by their "sick-mind" causing their (all too human) feelings of anger. It was then usual for either their spouse or, more often than not, child, to either support or chastize the offending family member according to their ability (or inability) to "let go" of the so-called "unhealthy" idea that AARC was ever to blame. If you ask me, I'd say that such a way of thinking is exponentially more harmful in the long-run than most all thoughts associated with the "hurtin addict's mind".

However, I digress, until a later date...

-Mike

p.s. Gongshow, hurtin dude, hooped and of course, YOUR SECRETS KEEP YOU SICK!... There, that should fill the required AARC-buzzwords pretty damn quick

Offline Mel

• View Profile
Life in the fast lane
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2005, 10:42:00 PM »
On 2005-07-21 09:47:00, Anonymous wrote:

(a.k.a. "AARCisms").

. Gongshow, hurtin dude, hooped and of course, YOUR SECRETS KEEP YOU SICK!... There, that should fill the required AARC-buzzwords pretty damn quick"

Oh wow, AARCism, Gongshow and Hooped are all new!!! There's MORE Lingo now? Do they still wear those angel pins on their shoulders during fundraising events and call them "AARC Angels"? Can you still become a member of "The AARC Family"? Or be an "AARC Ardvark"? Do they still say "In Your Head" if you stop talking or cleaning for a second? Can you still be a "Bottom Feeder" even if your a sixteen year old rich kid who's only drank ten times?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Life in the fast lane
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2005, 04:42:00 AM »
On 2005-07-16 22:44:00, Anonymous wrote:

"joel

whoa!!! im so shocked, not bitching about all your stupid issues that your having!  no that is what i call progress!

:rofl: "

:wstupid: I would like the shake the person's hand that wrote this. I am truly happy for you. I actully took the time to pause for a moment and consider who actully wrote this. This means a great deal and I am proud of you. So please let me know who wrote this. I would just like a momment of your time to sit down and talk about my many issues that pluage my terrible life since graduating treatment. I have had 3 issues a day since i have been sober. I have been sober  a little over a year and a half. So how many issues is that. in total i have been sober 523 days. So if i have about 3 issues a day then in total i have 1569 issues that I have dealt with. But as you said I do have progess so i only have about 2 1/2 issues a day. And I know i couldnt have done that with out AARC and Soberiety. Thank you jack ass

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Life in the fast lane
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2005, 11:26:00 PM »
I have had 3 issues a day since i have been sober. I have been sober  a little over a year and a half. So how many issues is that. in total i have been sober 523 days. So if i have about 3 issues a day then in total i have 1569 issues that I have dealt with. But as you said I do have progess so i only have about 2 1/2 issues a day.

Is this a joke? I think he's being sarcastic but at the same time that's really how people are after AARC so it's hard to tell.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Life in the fast lane
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2005, 12:49:00 PM »
All this guy did was get on and write a little about how his life has changed for the better, and all the response he got was negative. I dont understand entirely why you pessimistic fuck faces verbally bash AARC and expect people (or whoever you are trying to prove your point to) to side with your opinions. Charles is clearly happier with his life than whoever got on and tried to burn him for what he said.
Have fun at the wedding Chuck
-Jay

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Life in the fast lane
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2005, 03:16:00 AM »
I think people bash him because he has too many issues to count yet he wastes time trying to count them.