Author Topic: One more thing...  (Read 13425 times)

Offline Stripe

• View Profile
One more thing...
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2005, 02:31:00 PM »
On 2005-08-15 05:36:00, Anonymous wrote:

As for Stripe, because of your legal training, I will never attempt to go toe to toe with you.  My brain wasn't trained to attack and argue.  I know this because I've spent my entire adult life surround professionally by attorneys.  I have faced my fair share of life's adversities, I didn't get to be 46 and raise kids without having faced life and all its pleasantries and unpleasantries.  Let's see, there's births, deaths, alcoholism at home and and work, aging parents, and don't forget raising teenagers and all the challenges they offer.  I took what I needed and moved on.   My seed experience wasn't yours and yours wasn't mine.  It was 9 months out of my life when I was 15 and thus I've moved way beyond that point in time and just try to live my life and take what comes my way and deal with it as effectively as I can, for a simple human being.  

"

It's hard to know one anon from another. As I see it, there is safety in anonymous numbers and when I reply to the wrong anon, I'm the ass.  

Assuming you are the anon my reply was directed to, I thought I had made a fairly accurate list of our similarites, things we should BOTH be proud of, some common ground on which to support each other - regardless of WHAT our opinions happen to be. Apparently someone failed in this exchange: me, you, or both of us.  It really doesn't matter.

Instead, it's back to what I perceive as the  usual seedling set up: "my brain wasn't trained to attack and argue". Don't be so sure Anon, that was a pretty sly cut right there.  It's just a job, ya know.  

I am destined be a permanent resident of the "argue & attack" camp, regardless of my output, and that's okay.  We can agree to disagree. You guys can continue to snooze on the bigger issues, but I gotta go do some thing real with what I have learned here. I really thought I found some common ground in which to explore bigger ideas, but apparently I was wrong, I guess, because I don't think like you. Welcome to the real world, right?    

This forum existed long before I found it and it will exist and prosper long after today, bringing resolution and closure to those who want it and need it. Simply telling someone to get over it or deriding them because they are not over it is just not helpful. That's about the only statement I see from seed supporters - get over it.  ok.

And with this, I too, quit.  It's just not worth my time beating the dead horse formerly known as the seed. It's way too mushy and stinky anyway... :grin:

Peace out.
Stripe
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The person who stands up and says, ``This is stupid,\'\' either is asked to `behave\' or, worse, is greeted with a cheerful ``Yes, we know! Isn\'t it terrific ?\'\' -- Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
One more thing...
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2005, 02:43:00 PM »
So you mean you are just going to jump on your camel and ride off into the sunset? :rofl:

Offline cleveland

• View Profile
One more thing...
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2005, 02:58:00 PM »
Stripe, don't go...
ally Gator

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
One more thing...
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2005, 03:02:00 PM »
Stripe,
Are you sure this isn't a "prove you love me game" ::blushing::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
One more thing...
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2005, 03:12:00 PM »
And with this, I too, quit. It's just not worth my time beating the dead horse formerly known as the seed. It's way too mushy and stinky anyway...  

Come on... your mustache will filter out some of the stench...

you've got the mustache now just grow the set of
----s :grin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
One more thing...
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2005, 03:14:00 PM »
::bigsmilebounce::  ::bigsmilebounce::  ::bigsmilebounce::

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
One more thing...
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2005, 03:57:00 PM »
Ya' know, you're a real ::kma::  ::kma::  ::kma::
(ass * 3)

They came with a Bible and their religion- stole our land, crushed our spirit... and now tell us we should be thankful to the 'Lord' for being saved.
--Chief Pontiac, American Indian Chieftain

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
One more thing...
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2005, 04:14:00 PM »
I guess it takes one to know one :wave:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
One more thing...
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2005, 04:44:00 PM »
And you have cooties, so there!  :razz:

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature.
--Frank Lloyd Wright, American architect

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
One more thing...
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2005, 09:00:00 PM »
Stripe, you can and go as you see fit, as benifits you.

As I told Robin (and good example because of the variety of opinions between the two), I appreciate your particpation here and understand why you wouldn't or would want to post.

Keep in touch, and come back whenever you see fit.

Offline marshall

• View Profile
One more thing...
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2005, 11:10:00 PM »
On 2005-08-20 20:11:00, Anonymous wrote:

"
The effect, REGARLDESS of INTENTION, because we all know and accept that the seed was only based on good intentions.... was to remove and alter self-image and self-identity.

EXACTLY!! I had this "slutty shag" which NEEDED major altering.  It was the first step in altering the f****d up self-image I was putting out to everyone...I was "just too cool" ya know? It worked, and I considered it a good thing.  My mom happened to like the change...as did I."

Maybe you should have examined why you associated a particular haircut (shag =slutty) with your self-image to begin with. Isn't it just as egotistical and silly to identify your self-image with some arbitrary seed or straight haircut? If a guy with short hair came into the program how many times did staff insist that he grow his hair long in order to change his self-image? Or...why not insist that everyone, male and female simply shave their head entirely? This seems like it would be the ulitmate in puncturing ego images associated with hair styles...unless you were a skinhead.

Exchanging one group-sanctioned hairstyle for another equally arbitrary group-sanctioned hairstyle seems silly in retrospect. Did anyone ever get stood up and reprimanded for holding onto straight images? No. Rather than exchanging images maybe we should have inquired a little deeper into the whole question of why we form self-images at all. You probably considered your old style / image 'cool' because that's what your old peergroup or culture told you. You likely considered your new haircut 'a good thing' & decided your shag 'needed altering' for exactly the same reasons...only it was the new peergroup of fellow seedlings, conforming to the ideas of what Art and staff regarded as good or straight. I felt the strong push to conformity from my own peergroup or druggie culture that we were constantly reminded of at the seed. But this paled in comparison to the intense pressure that I felt to conform to the seed peer group. In fact, staff counted on this being true...otherwise your new image / conditioning would not 'take', or displace your old conditioning. Or in John's parlance, you wouldn't 'get it'. Getting it was easy in comparison to the effort and long years of critical self-examination that it took to get rid of 'it'.
Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. You must climb towards the Truth. It cannot be \'stepped down\'

Offline marshall

• View Profile
One more thing...
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2005, 11:13:00 PM »
If I haven't already thanked you personally Stripe, I do so now. Your input has been valuable. I appreciate all your efforts in dead-horse beating. I bid you peace. Take care. :nworthy:  :wave:
Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. You must climb towards the Truth. It cannot be \'stepped down\'

Offline Robin Martin

• View Profile
One more thing...
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2005, 11:39:00 PM »

On 2005-08-24 20:10:00, marshall wrote:

"

You probably considered your old style / image 'cool' because that's what your old peergroup or culture told you. You likely considered your new haircut 'a good thing' & decided your shag 'needed altering' for exactly the same reasons..."

Well, duh...  :grin:
bid you peace!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
One more thing...
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2005, 11:50:00 PM »
::boohoo::

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
One more thing...
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2005, 11:54:00 PM »
The funny thing is, in around `73 or `74, the Seed Chick haircut was a shag. My sister and I both got them. I remember it well. I was in 3rd grade.

If triangles had a God, He'd have three sides.
--Old Yiddish proverb