Author Topic: Brat Camp Pulled in Canada?  (Read 3724 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Brat Camp Pulled in Canada?
« on: August 11, 2005, 09:09:00 AM »
It's probably wishful thinking but Brat Camp seems to have disappeared in Canada.

http://ctvbb.insinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1811
http://ctvbb.insinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1812

Anyone know what happened?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 09:44:00 AM »
I think last nights episode was preempted by a tribute to Peter Jennings, who died of lung cancer. I tuned in for the second hour and that's what was on. Not sure if the first hour was BC or not.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 02:53:00 PM »
I think that Peter Jennings was more worthy of airtime than bratcamp. I also think that statement is the biggest understatement of this century.

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism.
--Albert Einstein, German-born American physicist

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Cynthia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 10:15:00 PM »
The tribute was on for two hours. I was upset because I had wanted to watch it all, but didn't get home in time.
We truly lost a jewel this week. Jennings had it all. He was a wonderful person.
After hearing his friends and peers speak of him, I am even more impressed than I was before.
 He has been covering the news since I was a small child and I've always admired him.
 I really thought he would pull through.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 10:47:00 PM »
I'll miss him too.
The husband and I were talking about how all the familiar faces are disappearing - we grew up with Peter Jennings. Dan Rather is retiring, and I hear Ted Koppel as well - I also always very much like Ted Koppel.
Anyway - I agree Peter Jennings will be missed - and apparently he was a really good sort of person.
Having watched my dad (and mother in law ) die of lunge cancer - I had no expectation that Jennings would survive. It seems once it is diagnosed they go fast.

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 10:55:00 PM »
He was a great journalist...remember his coverage 9/11 when he lost his composure as one of WTC towers (the 1st I think) collapsed live before his eyes (and ours)?

Gotta respect a guy able to be human on air like that...you dont see that very often...

I've respected him ever since. Yeah, he'll be missed. :sad:
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2005, 05:09:00 AM »
I think the really sad thing is he died before he had a chance to report on what we're doing.

Think for a moment... who else would do such a thing besides Michael Moore :roll: god knows we need HIS fat ass helping us out.

Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following
pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them
general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong,
gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises
at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom.  But the
tumult soon subsides.  Time makes more converts than reason.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0679433147/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>Thomas Paine, Common Sense

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2005, 11:26:00 AM »
Well, I think Jennings was a lot more likely to do a piece on Abu Graib or Gitmo than WWASP or Sage Walk. Foreign policy had been his passion and his forte.

I'll miss him too, very much. Not only was he an excellent journalist, he was also a wonderful role model for unschoolers and drop outs everywhere. I hope that detail is not lost on anyone reading here who has had their academic career sidetracked by crazy parents and programs. You can be an excellent student and competent adult with or without formal schooling. The two are not really that closely tied.

The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason.
--Benjamin Franklin, American Founding Father, author, and inventor

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2005, 02:50:00 PM »
Yeh, I thought he did a good job, given the certain limitations that come from a major news network.
I particularly appreciated that he only drove used cars. And that he would single out the outsider at parties and engage them in discussion. Seems he never fell victim to the pretentiousness common to the industry which he had to endure in order to do what he loved. Investigate. Inform.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2005, 12:34:00 AM »
I happened to see the Jennings tribute as well. I can't say I watched his news program, but he seems the type of man I'd admire. A student of the world, wanting to understand the place he lives-- sounds like a great journalist to me.

I found it very interesting, after his death, the amount of people registered to the stop smoking online course or whatever quadrupled. His death will save thousands I'm sure. Funny how things work out sometimes.