Author Topic: Against My Better Judgement  (Read 20096 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Against My Better Judgement
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2005, 08:27:00 AM »
::fuckoff::  ::dove::
This is for the above post.  

My utmost respect to Summer of 72.

(Chris your not the only one with a temper and needs to control their impulsulveness...me)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Jupiter Survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2005, 09:30:00 AM »
Say what you will, but the Seed really screwed up my life.  Maybe for you it was different, but for me I hadn't even done any drugs. Maybe for a hardened ADULT drug user it works, but for a young 13 year old it didn't. You my dear, share in the blame in thinking everyone that walked through the doors was a hardened druggie needing to be saved.  I needed to be saved, but it wasn't from drugs, it was from my family. Of course, since my family put me in there, they in your mind were the heroes.
You are arrogant and your posts clearly show that.  Can you honestly say you have never seen the negative effects that the Seed had on some of the young kids?
I guess in your mind I am one of the "few" casualties sacrificed for the good of the majority.  This casualty did not approve of being the sacrificial lamb.

Offline marshall

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2005, 11:43:00 AM »
Sure, I remember all 3 very well. Grant & I lived with Doug & his ferrets.
Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. You must climb towards the Truth. It cannot be \'stepped down\'

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2005, 11:53:00 AM »
George & I were roomates in Atlanta. In the late 70's just before he got married.  

Have you seen ayy of them since?

I did go to Charley's wedding years & years ago.

I think Grant sold chickens all over Ga. but that was along time ago too.

Offline marshall

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2005, 01:42:00 PM »
No, haven't seen any of them since graduating the seed. I went into an albany subway sandwich shop a few years ago and saw Grant's name as owner /manager...figured he must be doing well. I did have some contact post-seed with a couple of brothers from the Albany area though...Dave & Scott C. Just a couple of visits, went to play at the local arcade and chatted.

A few weeks after graduating I moved to an apt. in Sunrise (Ft. Lauderdale) with some other graduates...Richard, Jay G.& Dwayne. I recall Richard informing me that you were coming by for a visit. I rushed to the bathroom and shaved my mustache. :lol: I only remember one or two oldtimers coming to group with facial hair. I thought that meant they were surely screwed up f.o.s., etc. One smoked a pipe and staff seemed to approved of him. I was perplexed. I must confess...I have a beard of sorts now. Shaved it once years ago and my wife freaked out and pleaded with me to grow it back. I look like a balding 15 year-old without it. Are any of the albany guys living in Lauderdale these days?
Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. You must climb towards the Truth. It cannot be \'stepped down\'

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2005, 02:00:00 PM »
All the Albany people are scattered about.  

Now I remember you posting before about the Subway Shop.

Richard (was he the artist or another Richard from Hollywood?)
Dwane, I think his parents lived in Wilton Maners, which is part of Lauderdale. Jay G. I have not been able to put that name with a facefor a long time(white blond hair & glasses(the face I remembered) Was his dad in the military or something?
I remember Dave & Scott they also had an older brother I can't remember his name.

Were you around for 2 other brothers Rick & Roddy I would love to contact them.
There really are alot of people I would love to be in contact with also :smile: .

Offline marshall

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2005, 04:16:00 PM »
Can't recall Richard's last name, but I don't think he was either of those. Seems like he was from some part of Ga. too...not albany area though. Tall, really thin guy with brownish hair.

Yep, that's Jay. We stayed pretty close friends for several years post-seed. His dad is a lawyer. His parents moved to Lauderdale and took in newcomers for a long time. Lost contact with him over 10 years ago. Like many, he went thru lots of ups and downs. Was married and doing well last I spoke with him. Mario C. from miami springs was another graduate that I knew pretty well. He visited Don and I in Ga. once. We were showing him around the area (we toured Plains) in my old vega when the car got stuck in mud and the 3 of us had to walk 7 miles in the dark on a moonless night with no flashlight.

No, I've heard the names, but didn't know Rick or Roddy.

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2005, 04:30:00 PM »
Mario C. does not ring any bells.

Do you remember Alex- a tall blonde guy?

I was driving around in Key Biscayne with my xwife a number of years ago and saw him fishing off a big bridge.  I yelled hey Alex he waived we stopped and had a great talk.

I think you would remember him?

Offline marshall

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2005, 09:55:00 PM »
Absolutely I remember Alex. Heck, I remember when he first came in with long hair. Very likable person, got along with most everyone. Mario was kinda quiet, probably why u don't remember him. He was from Argentina originally. Do you recall a cuban guy called Evelio? (I think that's the spelling) The Seed sort of threw him out, I think. Told him that he needed a therapist instead. Also, while we're reminiscing like a couple of old geezers...you were close to cliff at one time, so you must know the answer to my original question here. Why did he get started over? I know...it's not important... :wink: ...especially 30 years later. But if you ever feel so inclined to clue me in feel free to email me. I promise not to share any info given in confidence. I understand he's doing fine. Given this, it's not so much concern as curiosity about something that's bugged me for years. Like greg's synanon connection thingie.

Offline echothis

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2005, 11:14:00 PM »
I haven't posted here for awhile,  the reason is because I was a little more than ashamed of myself for what I did post.  

John your right....

Infact I have started to feel a little dirty reading these post.  

I'm getting on with my life as before I found this forum,  maybe the rest of you should to.

As my dad used to say "This is going nowhere fast".

Thanks John Underwood for saying what I couldn't.
 :wave:
harter Member of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2005, 08:08:00 AM »
Cliff never got started over to my knowledge.

He's living with his wife somewhere in the Carolina's.

Now he's -  :grin: really an old geezer.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2005, 10:16:00 AM »

I'm getting on with my life as before I found this forum,  maybe the rest of you should to.

As my dad used to say "This is going nowhere fast".
------------------------------------

Speak for youself. Most of us never stopped living our lives, certainly not because of this forum.  If that really describes you, by all means turn your computer off and read a book or something.

Offline marshall

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2005, 10:46:00 AM »
He went from leading raps & group staff one day to sitting near the front of the group (not front row though). Oldcomers / oldtimers had to walk him to the bathroom (arm around shoulder as was standard at the time) every time he went. After several weeks eventually started sitting on the side of group again occassionally but never led raps anymore. The starting over was just my assumption based upon the above. Something was definitely up. Another poster here also thought he had been started over...commenting that yes, it was strange. Just curious what the standards for such a thing might have been in regard to staff. Who knows whether it was due to shooting heroin or calling someone a cool dude. Someone also mentioned Cookie being started over at some point. Strange that sr. staff or art didn't consider the effect this might have on people on the program.

Offline cleveland

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2005, 11:35:00 AM »
Was it Cliff N. who was started over? I used to live with him. He was sort of a senior guy, sort of semi-staff, but no longer led raps of any sort. And Cookie also was started over while I was there, after being senior staff for years - Cookie, Lybbi and Ginger (along with Evy) were the heart of things. I remember Cookie, with her eyes red from crying, sitting on the front row. It was unbelievable! I never knew what she had done.

Bob Ch--k, a big, funny guy who was a jr. staff member (I lived with him at Plantation Apts.), just disappeared one day.

Alex, who was on jr. staff in Cleveland, never heard of him again once we moved to Florida. His family owned restaurants and used to donate food and hire kids. Where he went, no idea.

My oldcomeer went AWOL once, and came back. Apparently, he had fallen in love. He wasn't started over, but sort of hang-dog in the group for weeks.

I lived with Ray K., when he fell in love/had an affair with Laura. Both were former staff members, with that kind of status. Ray left the Seed, and went sort of nuts; used to graffiti and yell at the seed as he drove by.

"That's not important." You were supposed to just block it out of your mind. As a result,  you never know who was in or out, or what anyone's status was. Everyone lived in fear of being 'demoted' or started over, and everyone contstantly was aware of what Art's reaction was, or Lybbi's.

There have been postings here of people who were kicked out for a variety of reasons - including JU![ This Message was edited by: cleveland on 2005-08-18 08:37 ]
ally Gator

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2005, 01:04:00 PM »
Cookie was a part of my Seed experience, but I never really knew much about her.  Seemed sweet, softspoken... I think she went to an all-girls boarding school--Miss Porter's or something. I have trouble picturing her being a leader.  Did she lead raps?  What was her story (history)?  Why did she eventually leave?