Author Topic: They turned our parents into the enemy  (Read 9636 times)

Offline 001010

• View Profile
They turned our parents into the enemy
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2005, 11:25:00 AM »
My parents were the enemy.

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.
--Unknown

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
[size=79]EST (Landmark/Lifespring/Discovery) \'83
Salesmanship Club \'84-\'86
Straight, Inc. \'86-\'88[/size]

Offline the wet noodle

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2005, 04:52:00 PM »
I just talked with my mom...I told about this website and some of the things that we talk about (the abuse the suicides). She just kept saying "I am sorry...I didn't know" over and over again...but I don't think she actually comreprends what she is saying...I love my mom so much I don't have the heart to really explain what Str8 did ot me...

I also asked her a question I have always wanted to know...why Str8? there are a bout a zillion other places she could have put me...whay str8? She said that she found it in the fucking telephone book...and that it was the only place that she could afford... (she was self employed at the time with minimal health insurance for me)

The fucking yellow pages!!!! I can't believe that two years of my life came down to my mom "letting her fingers do the walking"

Argh!!!!!!!!!
our Anger is a Gift

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2005, 05:16:00 PM »
My dad had no idea either what went on in straight and what happened to many of us years afterward....I think that was quite a shock for him. And the more I tell hiim...the closer he gets to "comprehending."

BUT anyway, I didnt have the heart to fully explain to my dad what was going on in straight at first, like you said, and I was worried about his health...I mentioned this before on this thread I think.

But after reading and posting on this thread...a day or two later I finally I set aside my fears of hurting my dad(who really meant well at the time)...and started to break down, ask questions, talk about how aweful it was for me, etc.

Turns out much to my surprise, he's now willing to listen for my sake because he knows I'm having problems with it now and is probably keeping his own personal pain from me (because he knows I'll shut up if he expresses that). He explained the answer to my "why straight" question too. It was either straight or outward bound for me. He heard about straight from my stepmonster, who heard about it from a straight parent who claimed it "saved" her child. I dont think he did much checking beyond listenening to straights scare tactics, button pushing, and sales pitches after that....

Yellow pages...that'a probably tough to swallow.

This shit (the truth) is really hard to digest even after so many years isn't it?

::rainbow::
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline the wet noodle

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2005, 05:45:00 PM »
yup...very hard to swallow...
our Anger is a Gift

Offline the wet noodle

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2005, 05:45:00 PM »
and digest...
our Anger is a Gift

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2005, 06:05:00 PM »
Ok, let's look at this from a broader perspective. How many times have you run into someone who got the shocking news from the schoolpeople that their perfectly wonderful child was somehow disordered? The proof? The schoolpeople had a list of signs and dx criteria that, sure as shit, fit their darling boy (in the majority of such cases) to a T.

Proof positive, and they bought it and so they now drug the kid and make him go to a shrink and all sorts of nasty shit. Because some idiot w/ a bachelors who didn't have the ability and/or motivation to get a real job says so. And nothing the kid or anyone can say or do will disuade them.

I don't think it's just the Program proper that's the problem. I think the school system is the Program Light. And that's one reason why parents buy into it; they're already half sold by the time their oldest kid is 12.

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
--Denis Diderot, French encyclopedist

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2005, 08:56:00 PM »
On 2005-09-13 13:52:00, the wet noodle wrote:

"I just talked with my mom...I told about this website and some of the things that we talk about (the abuse the suicides). She just kept saying "I am sorry...I didn't know" over and over again...but I don't think she actually comreprends what she is saying...I love my mom so much I don't have the heart to really explain what Str8 did ot me...

I also asked her a question I have always wanted to know...why Str8? there are a bout a zillion other places she could have put me...whay str8? She said that she found it in the fucking telephone book...and that it was the only place that she could afford... (she was self employed at the time with minimal health insurance for me)

The fucking yellow pages!!!! I can't believe that two years of my life came down to my mom "letting her fingers do the walking"

Argh!!!!!!!!!

"

Damn Noodle the phone book! I would hope in this day in time if the internet was available back then the way it is today that some of our parents would do better research.

I was at a hospital before being shipped to straight and while I was there my mom and step dad started attending tough love mtgs (most likely at the urging of the hospital). It was at these mtgs they met straight parents (my mind associates those parents like the people in that movie the Body Snatchers).

So these people convinced my mom straight was the answer to her out of control kid. I would later learn in straight that one of those parents continually molested his child. Child molesters convinced my mother to lock me away. Guess what the child molester is still free! As far as I know straight never reported this to the police and the person kept going on home visits! Is that just sick or what.
am looking for people who survived Straight in Plymouth, Michigan. I miss a lot of people there and wonder what happened and would like to stay in touch.