Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Brat Camp

Karen In Dallas

<< < (2/125) > >>

Anonymous:
I could not agree more... I've observed many lawyers who absolutely feed off people creating situations....and on the other side of the coin, I also know that lawyers, once they take a case, or are told to, must advocate for the client's position (not their own personal views). So many lawyers are either shamelessly profiting off people who really dont have a case OR are obligated to advocate for a ridiculous "created" position because lawyer ethical codes bind them to do so.

So to an extent you are completely right about the legal profession. But, sadly I have seen people who really have a case get turned away because the potential client's damages aren't "high enough" to take their case on (translation, not a profitable case), which really pisses me off by the way. I have also seen people who justifiably need legal help, but just cant afford it. And in the mix of all this crap, there are lawyers like the one you mentioned in Wash. State, who are awesome people trying to help people in a very screwed up, yet sometimes noble profession.

Shortbus:
Lawyers - restaurants - programs - toothpaste. Too many choices. Sometimes the wrong choice costs you just a couple bucks, sometimes thousands. I appreciate all the different perspectives I get to read on this site. There are some many different experiences and they are all valid. I know my thoughts on the wilderness therapy industry are changing.

Anonymous:
I like all the different perspectives too and just wish that personal attacks were not a part of it. For personal attacks and refusal to recognize all sides of an issue, is what keeps people so divided, at each other's throats, and prevents finding any common ground.

If only more people could understand importance of what you just said Shortbus. "There are some many different experiences and they are all valid." I would add...all of them are valid, including "troubled kids," angry POW's, counselor's, and parents. And including "experts" and various personal experiences. (minus the name calling, narrow mindedness, and other personal attacks)

OverLordd:
Any one that said a kid should be dropped was seemingly never droped themselves. I guess they just can understand what it feels like to be attacked by 3 or 4 people bigger than you are. Its like a gang attack or something. So if any staff member ever stays anything like this and I worked there, I would get abunch of big staff members, and drop him, then ask. "Well still wanna drop the kid?"

Anonymous:
If youve been through training that was thorough, you know what its like to be in different holds or to be dropped.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version