Author Topic: Ex Participant Dies: Zachary Botas  (Read 3438 times)

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Ex Participant Dies: Zachary Botas
« on: August 04, 2005, 11:40:00 PM »
Posted on Fri, Jul. 01, 2005
ZACHARY BOTAS
Helped others battle diabetes
BY ANNIE TASKER
[email protected]

Zachary Botas drove to school Monday in his blue Lexus IS-300, the car that was his pride and joy.

Tuesday morning, he was found inside the car he loved, dead after slipping into a diabetic coma. He was 23.

Botas, who was born and raised in Kendall, was diagnosed with diabetes when he was 12.

Despite making compromises, he was determined to not allow the disease to control his life.

While at the Hidden Lake Academy in Georgia for counseling and medical treatment, Botas counseled other students about controlling their diabetes.

Luis Botas said his son received letters from all over the country thanking him for his help.

Botas worked for Pantropic Power for three years as an e-business salesman.

''He was a very good person, always caring, soft spoken, well mannered,'' said Ed DeTorres, his boss at Pantropic. ``He's the kind of person you wanted your kids to be.''

Once, Botas, ''a meat and potatoes guy all the way,'' ordered blackened tuna to impress a female co-worker.

''He always wanted to make people happy,'' said DeTorres.

The job at Pantropic gave Botas a feeling for what he wanted to do with his life. He was excited about completing his associate's degree in business administration at Miami Dade College.

Botas' two great loves were music and his car. He was enrolled in a jazz appreciation class this semester, but his favorite music was hip hop and R&B.

He labored over his Lexus' sound system, installing woofers in the trunk to better listen to his collection of rap CDs.

In addition to his father, Botas is survived by his mother, Jeanie Botas; and sister Sara Botas.

Services will be at 7 tonight at Caballero Rivero Woodlawn Cemetery, Kendall Chapel, 11655 SW 117th Ave.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to the Diabetes Research Foundation, 3440 Hollywood Blvd., Suite 100, Hollywood, FL 33021.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 10:36:00 AM »
And Hidden Lake Academy somehow contributed to his death???  Not sure what you're getting at here, Deborah.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 12:02:00 PM »
wow.  zach was in my peer group, pg 22.  that's horrible.  i don't know what to say.  if you have contact with his family, give them my regards.  zach had alot of life in him.  -  JP Corr, pg 22

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 12:20:00 PM »
although we did not share the same interests while at hla, because of what we went through together, we were closer than i am with even some of my bestest friends.
-  jp corr iii (http://jpcorriii.com), pg 22

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2005, 01:42:00 PM »
I really enjoyed reading 'The Interview' and visiting your online gallery. Great photos!!

I am not in touch with the family. Just thought some of the readers might want to know.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2005, 10:01:00 PM »
Well, thankyou for posting it.  Although not good news, I'm glad I know.  Thankyou.  -  JP

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2005, 01:18:00 AM »
thats shitty. i knew zack from being there. he was a nice guy, wasn't too close, like jp didnt have similar interests with him, but he was a nice kid.

dan pg26

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2005, 08:10:00 AM »
On 2005-08-05 07:36:00, Anonymous wrote:

"And Hidden Lake Academy somehow contributed to his death???  Not sure what you're getting at here, Deborah."

Hey, dopey's back...Nice to see your rampant ignorance again, dopey!
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control