Author Topic: The official solo day episode thread.  (Read 6220 times)

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
The official solo day episode thread.
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2005, 11:20:00 PM »

On 2005-08-03 20:18:00, Anonymous wrote:

"fake it 'til you make it!  :wstupid:

The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty.
-- John Adams, (1772)

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline AtomicAnt

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2005, 11:21:00 PM »
On 2005-08-03 19:29:00, Anonymous wrote:

"you really are having trouble admitting that Sagewalk is helping some of these kids.  any positive outcomes and you howl BRAINWASHED.  the problem is that what they are learning is hard to retain if they get back into their old lives. that's why they go to boarding school so they dont slip back"

It's hard to retain it because it isn't real. Boarding School may extend the fantasy longer, but it still isn't real and eventually, these kids will have to deal with the real world and the slogans and cliches (and listing bow drilling on their resume) will not get them jobs or assist them in real relationships (which they are not permitted to have), or make real decisions (which they are not allowed to do). Isolating someone from life can never teach them how to live.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2005, 11:31:00 PM »
as long as you know it's all useless while you're in it, you're probably gonna be alright.  It's the kids that buy into it because they're desprate for the support (or so afriad of the punishment) that are gonna have a hard time when the realize that real life is what you make it, not what other people tell you to you have to make it.  The programs made me into such a good actress, I even starred in a couple of plays after I got out. ;-D

Offline AtomicAnt

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2005, 11:39:00 PM »
On 2005-08-03 19:54:00, Anonymous wrote:

"wilderness is the jump-start to the therapeutic process. much more work is needed after the wilderness program which is why most of the kids (really all) need to go on to a residential school with therapy.  It has taken years for these kids and families to get where they are. At least at wilderness they begin to realize their own role in where they are and how their thinking is flawed.  This is what Nihil says is brainwashing. The kids aren't being beaten, but it does take drastic measures to move them off of where they have been for many years. "

I guess you are the expert, diagnosing all of these kids' needs. Your entire post is nothing more than a marketing tag line. The show gave absolutely no rational justification why Heather needs to go to a boarding school. She seems to have no psychological disorder except that her parents are such idiots that she likes to run away from them.

Heather misses her friends, therefore she should be kept from them. I miss food, I'm hungry, therefore I should not eat? Doesn't anyone study simple logic anymore?

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2005, 11:39:00 PM »
Arbeit Macht Frei!

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much
liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.

--Thomas Jefferson, 1791, in a letter to Archibald Stuart

[ This Message was edited by: Nihilanthic on 2005-08-03 20:39 ]
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2005, 12:00:00 AM »
God, i hope one of these childeren sue the pants off the sage walk people when they turn 18.  This show is such BS

Offline AtomicAnt

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2005, 12:04:00 AM »
Hippie to Derrick: "What do you want?"

Derrick (thinking fast): "To have a good career." (whew!)

Hippie to Derrick ('you mean like mine?'): "What do you need to do to have a good career?"

Derrick (so exhasuted he can't have an original thought): "Work hard and never give up."

Hippie to self: 'This kid is so smart! What a breakthrough!'

Audience to self: 'That cliche and $4.00 will get you a cup a coffee at Starbucks.'

Derrick is all of 14 years old and his biggest concerns at 14 should be whether the girl he wants to ask out will say yes and where can he find the information he needs to finish his homework assignment. The career choices can wait.

This program is destroying him. I can feel the onset of his depression in my living room. He's doing the best he can in spite of his illness and he's falling apart. This whole experience is nothing short of traumatizing for him. It is so obvious that I cannot believe the staff and the audience cannot see it. They prefer to believe the narration instead of their own eyes. This is real abuse, period.

The saddest part is that this kid will probably never receive the real help that he desperately needs.[ This Message was edited by: AtomicAnt on 2005-08-03 21:09 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2005, 12:37:00 AM »
THANK YOU ABC!

Here, have a bead.  I honor you with this bead.  

Give me a break! These clowns are making a fortune off these poor kids and all they can give them is a bead?  

What idiots!  They are selling wilderness therapy as a precursor to locked boarding schools ... wonder if they get a kickback?

Who owns SAGE WALK?

:flame:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2005, 10:13:00 AM »
MEANS DO NOT JUSTIFY ENDS.

It's a pity you weren't brainwashed to read and write.  

I think you meant to say that ENDS DO NOT JUSTIFY MEANS (assuming you wanted to shout like that).

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2005, 11:40:00 AM »
On 2005-08-03 20:32:00, Three Springs Waygookin wrote:

"Just make sure that when you go to the program to check to see if they have a big sign that says,

HARD WORK WILL SET YOU FREE....

god dang who ever said fake it till you make it must have been at one of the places I worked at."

Check it out:
http://www.whoamidiscovery.com/home.html

"Freedom through discipline", I shit you not!

I don't see so much faking going on here as I do kids actually breaking down. I'm really worried about that little boy, Derek. I've seen a good many kids exist in a state of fear as he seems to be. Poor kid. I hope to Christ his parents come to their senses or that he has family who will save him from them.

This I believe: That the free, exploring mind of the individual human is the most valuable thing in the world. And this I would fight for: The freedom of the mind to take any direction it wishes, undirected. And this I must fight against: Any idea, religion, or government which limits or destroys the individual.
--John Steinbeck, American novelist

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2005, 11:46:00 AM »
Fake it til you make it.

One of the best survival tools out there, helps you blend into the wallpaper, lets people of authority think they are doing their job. Therefore it gets people like the lameass instructors off you ass.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2005, 12:09:00 PM »
On 2005-08-04 07:13:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

MEANS DO NOT JUSTIFY ENDS.

It's a pity you weren't brainwashed to read and write.  

I think you meant to say that ENDS DO NOT JUSTIFY MEANS (assuming you wanted to shout like that)."

Oh, thanks! Now I can fix that mistake I made! I was terribly worked up and tired last night, I Get up every day at about 3:30 am because of job obligations.

The religion of one age is the literary entertainment of the next.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson, American essayist, poet, philosopher

Offline AtomicAnt

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2005, 09:38:00 PM »
On 2005-08-03 21:37:00, Anonymous wrote:

"THANK YOU ABC!

Here, have a bead.  I honor you with this bead.  

Give me a break! These clowns are making a fortune off these poor kids and all they can give them is a bead?  

What idiots!  They are selling wilderness therapy as a precursor to locked boarding schools ... wonder if they get a kickback?

Who owns SAGE WALK?

:flame:

"

I believe it is the Aspen Educaton Group.

http://www.aspeneducation.com/

Offline Shortbus

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2005, 11:01:00 PM »
Definately not part of AEG
ts never too late to procrastinate