Author Topic: Trevor Stokel is Missing!!!  (Read 2349 times)

Offline Bean2

• View Profile
Trevor Stokel is Missing!!!
« on: August 03, 2005, 11:07:00 AM »
If anyone know him look at Dallasnews.com and search for his name. He was on Mt. Everest and may have been caught in an avalanche he's been missing for almost 2 weeks. His parents called mine to let us know. His whole family flew over there to look, but they can't find him. He was supposed to start med school last Monday.
Pray for him...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Bean2

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 11:22:00 AM »
Fund to aid in search for missing hiker

08:08 AM CDT on Wednesday, August 3, 2005

From Staff Reports

The family of a Dallas man missing near Mount Everest has established a fund to offset some of the expense associated with the extensive search, according to the organization helping organize the effort.

Trevor Stokol, 25, was last seen July 22 after he left the base camp on what was to be a brief hike to take photographs the mountain. After he did not return, his traveling companion and others began looking for him, then reported his disappearance to U.S. authorities in Kathmandu, Nepal, his mother, Barbara Stokol, has told The Dallas Morning News.

After eight months of travel across India and Southeast Asia, Trevor Stokol was days away from returning to North Texas to enter the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School. He is a 2002 graduate of Emory University.

Also Online

More information on Trevor Stokol and the fund
Stokol?s father, Richardson optometrist Arnold Stokol, and other family members have traveled to Nepal to look for him.

At the request of Stokol?s family, the 1st Special Response Group, a nonprofit, international search and rescue team based in California, has become involved in coordinating the search efforts.

Tax-deductible donations may be made to 1SRG, Trevor Stokol Fund, P.O. Box 230, Moffett Field, Calif., 94035.

Offline If u want to know..then a

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 12:25:00 PM »
Cordell, how do you know this guy?

Offline chinsk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 12:26:00 PM »
I knew Trevor pretty good, his dad was my eye doc for a short period there.  I hope they find him in one piece.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 01:24:00 PM »
I am sorry about your friend guys.  I hope they find him alive and well!

Offline Bean2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 02:04:00 PM »
He went to RMA and he's from Dallas so that's how we met. Our parents are pretty good friends.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 02:52:00 PM »
God, I hope they find him!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2005, 01:49:00 AM »
I knew Trevor pretty well i was on his team at RMA
I graduated before him.  please let me know what happens

Offline Bean2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2005, 02:37:00 PM »
I don't know if you all have been following the daily updates, but this the update we received today. I thought we should pass it on. We are very sad.

Tuesday August 9, 5:00 pm Kathmandu time

The avalanche was not probed today as it was unsafe for the Sherpas to access the spot- it had been raining all day and the site was active.

This morning we had the help of a psychic investigator who works with law enforcement in the US to find missing people.  She spoke to Daniel with the intention of directing him to Trevor's location, but because of the homogeny of the terrain was unable to pinpoint an exact spot.  The investigator indicated that Trevor had fallen into a crevasse, and was therefore not visible from above-by foot or air- which would explain why fifteen days of searching has produced nothing.

According to Andrew, Trevor could not have lived more than a few hours after his fall, which is comforting to us.The three of us have gained tremendous strength from each other through the past two-and-a-half weeks.

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.  We are planning to sit shiva once we return to Dallas and will give one last update with the date of our return and date and time for a remembrance service and tribute to Trevor's life.

Trevor died on top of the world in his mountains with his camera.  We are grieving, no doubt, but there is peace that comes from knowing that he was in his element living one of the greatest times of his life.  

Arnie, Barbara and Jodi